*** 2007 Holiday Exchange ***

eve

Eve,

I have heard nothing from my recipients. Do you know if they received the items?

The only reason I am so worried is that a woman got arrested last night for setting fires to mail collection boxes. She has done several in the past 2 weeks, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that none of my things were harmed. Everyone has been alerted to check with everyone something was sent to, to make sure of receipt.

Guest JustMeDiana

in a few days i'll be posting who sent to who

there were

4 in the S.S

4 in the ornament

but i had time to find wonderful elf's for most

I hope they will not be able to participate in any future exchanges. I would feel soooooo guilty if I had done flaked out on sending my gifts. Merry Christmas.

I have been off for a few days since DH left to go back to Iraq :( and exciting news as well -- that will be in a new thread. ;)

i got TWO beautiful personalized ornaments from my secret elf. And the timing could not have been better. I took DH to the airport on the 20th. When I got home I checked the mail. Since we are on post we have little locking boxes and if there is a package there will be a key to the larger box. And lo and behold there was a key. I always feel like a kid on a scavenger hunt when there is a key lol.

I opened the box right there at the mailbox. The first ornament I opened was an American flag that said "God Bless SGT Nuckoles" :) Awe that one made me cry. A good cry mind you, it was so sweet. So then I realized there was a second one in the box. I opened it and it was a gorgeous frosted glass cross with God Bless the Nuckoles Family engraved on it. They are so beautiful. They look great on the tree. I took close up pics of them on the tree and sent to DH. He just made it back to Iraq today so he should see them soon.

Thank you so much. :) It was so thoughtful.

For those of you who are not happy about having to have an elf. Let me just say that I feel even more special getting an elf because I got someone that did something purely from their hearts, not because they were getting anything in return. Had my husband not been heading back right through all of this I would have gladly volunteered to be an elf. And trust me I will be next year.

I have been off for a few days since DH left to go back to Iraq :( and exciting news as well -- that will be in a new thread. ;)

i got TWO beautiful personalized ornaments from my secret elf. And the timing could not have been better. I took DH to the airport on the 20th. When I got home I checked the mail. Since we are on post we have little locking boxes and if there is a package there will be a key to the larger box. And lo and behold there was a key. I always feel like a kid on a scavenger hunt when there is a key lol.

I opened the box right there at the mailbox. The first ornament I opened was an American flag that said "God Bless SGT Nuckoles" :) Awe that one made me cry. A good cry mind you, it was so sweet. So then I realized there was a second one in the box. I opened it and it was a gorgeous frosted glass cross with God Bless the Nuckoles Family engraved on it. They are so beautiful. They look great on the tree. I took close up pics of them on the tree and sent to DH. He just made it back to Iraq today so he should see them soon.

For those of you who are not happy about having to have an elf. Let me just say that I feel even more special getting an elf because I got someone that did something purely from their hearts, not because they were getting anything in return. Had my husband not been heading back right through all of this I would have gladly volunteered to be an elf. And trust me I will be next year.

awwwwwww. Manda..... that's great;) your post almost made me cry;) i'd love to see the pic's also.

and you are right, everyone here is great but those that choose to be elf are very special and try hard to make someone else happy

edited to add...............

my mom is driving me crazy:cheesy:;)

almost every single day she trys to find out who gave her her stuff. and she is sneaky.... we will be talking on the phone and she will slip in "and who did you say gave me my cup?" or if we are talking about the site or something someone posted she will slip in "and that was the person to give me the shell heart?" and she knows darn well it most likely is not, just trying to catch me off guard in to telling. I always know what she is trying and tell her she has to wait till i post it like everyone else:p she is such a child,lol

just thought i'd share that

awwwwwww. Manda..... that's great;) your post almost made me cry;) i'd love to see the pic's also.

and you are right, everyone here is great but those that choose to be elf are very special and try hard to make someone else happy

edited to add...............

my mom is driving me crazy:cheesy:;)

almost every single day she trys to find out who gave her her stuff. and she is sneaky.... we will be talking on the phone and she will slip in "and who did you say gave me my cup?" or if we are talking about the site or something someone posted she will slip in "and that was the person to give me the shell heart?" and she knows darn well it most likely is not, just trying to catch me off guard in to telling. I always know what she is trying and tell her she has to wait till i post it like everyone else:p she is such a child,lol

just thought i'd share that

elves are very special I had an elf this year and I never would have known that she had to run out last minute to my gifts because they had all been put together with love and care....so yes I agree that elves are very special I would like to return the favor next year...but I do hope that we will not need any elves.

Manda Jo~I was crying that is so sweet. I have been keeping your family in my prayers and thoughts.

Mandyjo- that is soo sweet- also bought tears to my eyes- I am so thankful for all the great and truelly caring people I have met through this site- that someone really put so much thought into your ornaments makes me truely believe in the spirit of christmas..

That is so sweet. That sounds like a great gift. :rwb:

Well I received my ss gift a few days ago. I assume I had an elf just because how late it came but I'm very happy with what I got. Thanks a bunch! Happy Holidays!:)

no, no elf;) just a very late shipper

I hope everyone's holiday is going good and not to stressful

so ups guy just came...............:cheesy:

got my SoyaPower Soymilk Maker;) i only ordered it on the 19th was not going to get it till 27th but since it was not a gift, date did not matter,lol

but here it sits......... now i get to play with it some:D

also got a package from Amazon:holiday08........... from a special not-secret elf:holiday10

i'm grinning so wide as i open it.:D

but it's gift wrapped:confused:

it's pretty green box, my fav. color is green;)

but i told my self anything that comes in the mail is free to open, but if it comes gift wrapped it's off limits till 25th.........:holiday02:holiday16

so here i sit staring at my box,lol trying to be good

so ups guy just came...............:cheesy:

I've sent 4 packages out on UPS, three showing to be delivered TODAY ( :cheesy: ) and one sent on the 17th to be delivered on JANUARY 4th. Now to just see those magic words "delivered".

i know, im tracking one also waiting for "delivered";):cheesy:

also got a package from Amazon:holiday08........... from a special not-secret elf:holiday10

i'm grinning so wide as i open it.:D

but it's gift wrapped:confused:

it's pretty green box, my fav. color is green;)

but i told my self anything that comes in the mail is free to open, but if it comes gift wrapped it's off limits till 25th.........:holiday02:holiday16

so here i sit staring at my box,lol trying to be good

;)

How can you contain yourself? Yeesh. Mine was wrapped but I tore into it without even thinking.. :rolleyes::yup:

;)

How can you contain yourself? Yeesh. Mine was wrapped but I tore into it without even thinking.. :rolleyes::yup:

lol:sidesplit i know......... it's killing me.......... it's only inches away from my leg....... just sitting there:holiday02;)

i guess if i was told to open it i could,lol

lol:sidesplit i know......... it's killing me.......... it's only inches away from my leg....... just sitting there:holiday02;)

Eh, you won't tell us all who our SS's were.. so no, you can't open it.. LOL! :tongue1:

Eh, you won't tell us all who our SS's were.. so no, you can't open it.. LOL! :tongue1:

Ok eve you give us the infomation :cop: and then you can :holiday02

No info no open...:tongue1:

You guys are cracking me up! :giggle:

o.K. I got my ss gift today0 totally surprised me- made me cry- I know I had an elf- but really had to be the most caring person around- put so much thought into it- I really can't thank my elf enough- you are a blessed person and I hope your christmas is the best ever- because you have made mine wonderful; Since I don't know how to post pics- I got a beautiful box with an angel and child/shepherd with baby lamb- beautiful by itself!! inside all kinds of goodies-a pug ornament-so cute- I can't believe you knew I had a pug- also kittens ornament( I do have 2 cats) also a christmas music c.d. listening as we type-turtles-chocolate bar- lip moisturizer(we are expecting heavy winds tonite) she even remembered my "grinch" name from one of the posta> got a special chocolate from santa that said I deserved a piece of coal LOL- I feel so lucky to have had this elf- thank-you so much!!! also got a wonderful smelling bar of peppermint soap...!!!

I got two packages today.

1) Elf- package. Hallmark Keepsak - The Glass Slipper Disney Clinderella - She's very pretty (I think my elf is from GA ;) Thank you so very much.

http://www.hallmark.com/wcsstore/HallmarkStore/images/products/gifts/qxd4287_lg.jpg

2) another beautiful ornament with Noah's ark on it.... It's from NC.

http://www.gocollect.com/images/FigiInsideArtOrnaments/200/tr-le-71801.jpg

Thanks so very much :)

I'm so excited! As I gathered all my 4 boxes I received today from Amazon to add with the other gifts we had stashed away, I started to open them and put them in piles when I opened one Amazon box and found an ornament. First I thought " I don't remember buying this" then I checked the address to make sure it was realy for me. Then I saw the paper in the box which said i was from my elf. I'm so excited. It was such a nice surprise to find a gift for me as I wrap the ones for my kids. Thanks to my elf and all the other selfless elves out there. You made my night that much more special.