What do you take with you on Black Friday?

queenki

I put my wallet,with cards and cash in my pants pocket.I usually wear knit pants,sneakers,and a t-shirt-to be comfortable and cool.I will wear a sweat jacket with pockets-to stash my lists and ads in,and a light coat,which I take off and dump in my sister's van, before we enter the stores. We usually bring water and caffeinated drinks with us,then grab some kind of breakfast after the 6am-11am rush is over.:hungry: Then it is off to shop more.:holiday08

My money, my credit card and the most valuable thing... my shopping list that I generated from this site :yup: :yup: :lolrun::gd_dollar :gd_dollar :gd_dollar

I am in sneakers (so I can run :gdlol: ) jeans and a t-shirt. Since I live in SW FL, I usually do not need a coat or jacket. I might take a sweat shirt with me and leave it in the car. I put my money in my pockets and credit card & shopping list in my fanny-pac :yup: . The only other time I use a fanny pac is when I go to a theme park :wizard:

I wear jeans, a t-shirt, tennis shoes. If I'm going to be standing in line I'll wear my hoodie and some gloves.

I always carry a purse but this year I'll probably take my new L.A.M.B messenger bag, it holds a lot lol - which will carry ads, money, lists, paper & pen, chapstick, bottle water, snacks, and everthing my mom needs which will probably be keys, cell phone, and money because she won't want to carry a purse lol

I dress in layers and bring something to keep me occupied like a handheld solitaire game. One year I brought four lawn chairs, a huge cooler filled with coffee and six dozen donuts. I parked myself right up front next to the doors and sold all the goodies. I then donated the proceeds to the local giving tree. I took down everyone's names who bought coffee and/or donuts and put their name down as a donater too. I might do the same this year, my son is all grown and I don't know what I'll do otherwise!

For the past 2 years we have camped outside of Best Buy and if the ad is worth it, we plan on doing it again. So we bring, a lawn chair or 2, sleeping bags, blankets, hats, gloves, warm boots, lots of layers to ditch before we get into the store, the warmest possible coat (we are talking South Dakota winter here), some snacks, games to keep the girls busy before they go to bed in the back of the mini-van (we adults take turn, one stays with them, while one waits in line), a book. As far as money goes, no purse, I just take credit cards and they go in my pocket.

Last year I know there were people getting robbed at gunpoint during the wee hours of the morning so people taking cash - be careful!

I wear jeans and sneakers and keep my credit/debit card in my pocket. Thats about it. Its never really cold enough in SC around BF to worry about coats,gloves, etc or either my adrenaline is pumping and I just don't get cold :)

I always have my purse with only my one wallet which holds my liscense, cc, debit card, cash and my keys attached to the purse on the inside with a clip. I wear a t-shirt with a light jacket and pair of sweat pants on. (I change into jeans or capris after my first stop) It could be snowing and I still will. My coat is off about 10 min. after I start. I wore flip flops before which is all I ever wear, but wont do that again, some one broke one by stepping on it one year and I had to go around bare footed until my sister found a pair of flip flops for me. LOL that was funny.

Unfortunately here in WV it is usually cold so in the past I have on the whole nine yards-thermal underwear, jeans, a t-shirt, a hoodie, a coat, hat, scarf and gloves (of course depending on how cold it is.) Last year however we had our new Super WalMart and they let us stand right inside the doors (bc they are open 24 hours) so this year I may think twice about all the extra clothes. It gets really hot with all those clothes on pretty quick. I also keep my money, credit/debit cards, and lists in my pocket. No purse bc it is just too hard to hold on to. I also plan out in my head where I am going 1st, 2nd, etc. and if there are others with me we really try to help each other out.

i usually bring my purse, but it has to be a messenger bag type. i bring the usual...CC, cash, debit, cell phone, and i bring my pda with my list on it and update it as i go. As far as layering i wear long sleeves and a puffy vest so i don't have the restriction of a coat.

I usually take my sister, cash and cards for shopping (carried in my front pockets), dental floss for after breakfast and lunch, my id and insurance card (in case I get ran over by a mob of angry shoppers), my cell phone for those across the store communications, all of the relevant BF ads with the appropriate markings and a list of the items I plan on purchasing. I hang my car keys from my belt loop on my pants. We have tried taking other people with us, but BF shopping is not for amatuers.;)

I take my sister, my niece and my cousin. We all take turns standing in different lines and we all have our cellphones. Since we have kids of all different ages and want different things at different stores we help each other with our shopping. I love Black Friday and we almost always go to Walmart first and price match. We have a new Walmart in town that we will be trying out this year. I can't wait. We spend Thanksgiving day after lunch pooring over the ads and getting our lists together so we all know what everybody is looking at in each store. Then we figure out where to go first (Walmart), second, third etc. Sometimes we just run in a store for one or two items but we're in line forever. That gives us time to plan or replan if we have to. Also, since some of the stores don't open as early as others here we have time to get from one to the next. We pack a cooler in the car with stuff to drink and have muchies in there too for breakfast. We usually stop and eat at a buffet for lunch and then go to a different city (Kansas City) for afternoon shopping at the malls.

this year i may finally be bringing a laptop if i can get it working. i have two dead apples but each of them have parts enough to make one working laptop. im gonna take this weekend to work on getting it done.

i posted here already but can't stress enough how important it is to bring all the ads, i ended up bringing a backpack and stuffing them all inside along with a list that i made for what im buying. also gives you something to do if you dont have a laptop or are alone.

I know i answerd this before, I take all the ads, a list that has everything i am after, with a note on what ad they are on for easier price matches, Walkie talkies,( 6 ) of them, myself, 3 of my four kids, the nieghbor girl, my daughters friend and my mother in law, Our Walmart never closes so my kids are placed in places where the items i need are, my mother and the friends two, I stand in line if there is a big ticket item i wanted, like the Laptop two years ago, Then after my children score what i need they will then run and get things for the people Ive befriended in the line. so they do not miss out on stuff, that year it was gameboys and cabbage patches something I didnt need. I am in Walmart about 12:00am or 1:00 and out by 5:30-6:00 then on to the next store,

I usually layer too - shirt, hoodie, and coat if needed. I bought the hand warmers last year and then forgot them - hopefully they're still good for this year. I take all the ads with me. I've found in the past I needed and ad I didn't think I would. So I put all ads in a plastic bag and put the ones I'm definately going to on top. I also do the pricematch list for Walmart.

Some years I take a purse, sometimes not. But I always have granola bars and gatorade in the car, besides my debit card that is my must have every year. NO time for breakfast of course!! lol - usually slow down enough for lunch though.

OMG that is the best idea...i usually start dragging from not eating or drinking for so long! I'm going to put some gatorade and begals or something in my car ahead of time this year...thanks! You'd think that would be obvious...but not for me ;-)

• 4 weeks later...
I take my purse, coffee and breakfast! I wear sweats, a tee shirt and a jacket. I used to wear flip flops (Black Friday used to be pretty tame around here and you could show up 20 mins before opening) but this year I'll wear socks and my crocs!

Last year I had the people in front and behind me in line with tents. So this year I am taking mine too! Also will have a camp chair, portable DVD player, my Archos media player (will alternate w/DVD for charge cycles in the vehicle), BB ad, magazines, thermos, and cash.

Planning on about a 17 hour campout so I will have the porta pottie in my vehicle and some snacks for the duration.

Tim

Lots of people saying jeans, but if you live in a cold environment once jeans get cold, they stay cold! Better to wear cotton or nylon, they retain the heat and are still very comfy and mobil.

Good point...

I think we will bring: hot chocolate (I wish there was a way to keep it warm), credit cards, cell phone, DH, Chairs, Yatzee, flashlights, the laptop with a good movie, books, snacks, sleeping bags, possibly a small pillow?, possibly a propane heater, possibly walkie talkies, WARM CLOTHES, THE LIST, the ads...my husband has started to call it urban camping. :smirk:

This will be his first BF, my 4th BF, but first time camping. We plan on getting to CC around 9pm. I really hope we will have nice people around us so we can go to the bathroom etc. Weather is going to be 20's and snowing...so that should be fun:o

Am I forgetting anything?

Question: How do those of you who bring tents set them up on the sidewalk?

Good luck to you all!:D