Any Wii games good?

Rent them first .. then pick the ones you liked the most.

We rented Wario and will end up buying that. I bought Rayman .. and we can't figure out how to play it - lol. Game Crazy offered me like $25.xx for it and since I only paid $27.00, not too bad ..

Kids also like the Tony Hawk game too.

I think it will depend on the ages that you're buying for, but I can SO relate to wasting money on games that get played for 5 minutes or less. Here are 2 websites that might be able to help you out. The first is Game Rankings. You can see how games stack up here, but keep in mind, all reviews are from professional sites. The 2nd is Game Spot's message board where you can read how the consumer (mostly young guys) feel about certain games, and you can post questions about what they feel might be the best fit for your family.

I say it depends on the ages involved because if you're buying for really young kids, their opinions will vastly differ from the norm. Feel free to ask for help though as many of posters have younger siblings and/or children and they can perhaps guide you a bit.

Since I've been visiting these 2 sites (years now, and we buy every video game system that comes along) I haven't bought any games that I'd consider clunkers yet. It's been a life saver for us.

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp?rankings=y

Here, on the pull down menus, make sure you click the WII under platform, and set the "limit results to" to 200, so you get a wide variety.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/index.php

This is the link to all forums, from here, you'll want to go to the Nintendo WII board.

I am a HUGE mario fan. Any idea when Mario Galaxy will be released?

I believe it's coming out March 15th.

We're looking forward to Mario Party 8 which is released on March 6th. Yipee!!

I'm patiently waiting for more N64 games to be available to download. We want some of the older Mario Party games.

I am addicted to Wario Ware!! Tennis Tower has my soul. It's a fun game for single or multi-player.

I've also pre-ordered Mario Party 8, we have every one that has come out and my kids always like them. My 7 yr old has been playing Mario64 since we downloaded it. I'm having fun watching him having fun playing it, it brings me back to when it was new and I played it non stop.

Mario Galaxy doesn't have a release date as of yet. It's still TBA 2007.

Release dates I know:

Wii Play - Feb 14th

Sonic and the Secret Rings - Feb 20th(Sonic games are really hit or miss, I'm going to rent it first)

Mario Party 8 - March 5th

TMNT - March 13th

God Father - March 20th

Disney's Meet The Robinsons - March 27th

All listed as just March as release date:

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII

Bionicle Heroes

Heatseeker

Bust-A-Move Bash!

Medal of Honor Vanguard

Prince of Persia: Rival Swords

Zelda has not been played here as much as I thought it would be. We play mostly Wii Sports, Wario Ware, Mario Kart 64(HUGE hit), and Mario64.

We have Xcite Truck and love it! We also bought Wario's Smooth Moves. It's fun but we finished it in like 2 days. It's very short. I think we have more fun with the Virtual Console games. Super Mario World for SNES was just released.

I bought Wii Play last night at Target. Great deal for $50 with the Wii Remote. I only played it briefly and seems fun. The Duck Hunt (in Wii Play) is my favorite. The billiards was hard to get used to. My DH and the kids seem to really enjoy the whole game. We also bought Mario Ware a few weeks ago...that game is the BEST!

I play Sports and Wario Ware most right now. I played Zelda for a while, but I got stuck and stopped playing lol. I'll pick it up again one of these days.

I rented Rayman and Super Monkey Ball. Rayman didn't seem like my kind of game, and I doubt I'd really play SMB enough to spend $50 on it, maybe when it comes down in price. If you're not sure, take advantage of some of the online game rental free trials. I went through GottaPlay -- through quizpoints, so I earned a $10 gift card while doing the trial ;) .

Rent them first .. then pick the ones you liked the most.

We rented Wario and will end up buying that. I bought Rayman .. and we can't figure out how to play it - lol.

If you still have Rayman you have to walk to the door and hit "A" to knock on it. A monster will take you to an arena. From there you go into one of the lit tunnels and you'll play a mini-game. Some of them are fun -- I love all the disco games.

I have MonkeyBall Banana Blitz and am beginning to hate it. I got to level 5 (Pirates something) and can't get past 2 of the levels.

Plus rolling a monkey in a ball gets REAL boring after awhile.

My DS (7) loves SpongeBob, but hey -- he is 7.

So far no Zeldas for resale in our EB.

I picked up Wii Play yesterday. I haven't been able to find an extra controller, and this comes with one. Since the controller itself sells for $39, the $49 price tag for the game with the controller is a good deal.

I bought one too yesterday and our controller doesn't work that came with it. The controller that came with the actual Wii on X-mas day didn't work either - weird that I keep getting broken controllers. Time to call Nintendo once again to have the controller replaced.

I bought one too yesterday and our controller doesn't work that came with it. The controller that came with the actual Wii on X-mas day didn't work either - weird that I keep getting broken controllers. Time to call Nintendo once again to have the controller replaced.

Did you try re-synching the controller? Sometimes mine go haywire and I have to resynch them (the red button inside the controller and the one inside the Wii).

Did you try re-synching the controller? Sometimes mine go haywire and I have to resynch them (the red button inside the controller and the one inside the Wii).

Yes, it doesn't work. I had the exact same problem with the controller that came with the Wii - put in the batteries, no blue lights, no nothing.

I just thought it weird that this makes TWICE that I've gotten a controller that doesn't work - what are the odds of that???

If you still have Rayman you have to walk to the door and hit "A" to knock on it. A monster will take you to an arena. From there you go into one of the lit tunnels and you'll play a mini-game. Some of them are fun -- I love all the disco games.

Kewl .. we will try that as I still have the game.

thanks!

I picked up Wii Play yesterday. I haven't been able to find an extra controller, and this comes with one. Since the controller itself sells for $39, the $49 price tag for the game with the controller is a good deal.

I got WiiPlay w/ the additional remote yesterday, it's a lot of fun. DH & I were up late playing & looks like we will be tonight too. WiiPlay is instructional which is nice (surprised that it didn't come with the system). I'm watching him & the boys bowl now.