Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

I have not been able to find the air freshner deals I did last year on the Christmassy scents.

Has anyone else found any discounted? My Glad Christmas color containers were not scanning 50% off.

I found the quarter batteries as well in the dollar section and the had to be hand entered also. So be sure to watch for that if you find them.

I have not been able to find the air freshner deals I did last year on the Christmassy scents.

Has anyone else found any discounted? My Glad Christmas color containers were not scanning 50% off.

I found the quarter batteries as well in the dollar section and the had to be hand entered also. So be sure to watch for that if you find them.

I was looking for candle and air freshener deals, too, but all the apple cinnamon and vanilla scented stuff was scanning full price at my Target. I think I still have scented oil candles and vanilla-scented Febreze spray from last year, because I bought so many at 75% and 90% off. No such luck this time, however.

I got at my Target around 7:20am and ALL paper towels, napkins, and plates were GONE! Someone must have totally wiped them out. Shame as I bought a bunch last year

my target still has a bunch... i dont know if we are looking at the same ones though... they were around 1.24

my target still has a bunch... i dont know if we are looking at the same ones though... they were around 1.24

Are the ones you are seeing blue & white ones - a little nicer quality? The ones I went for, and I think the other poster was talking about were the ones by Glad. The napkins were 200 count and in the everyday napkin size packages.

I wanted to get some of the coffee cups in the blue & white series, but I missed those. I was especially bummed because I told a Target employee that I know about the soft soap, and when she went to get it, she found the last pack of the cups and I had missed them!

I picked up a 16-bottle wine chiller today for $25, marked down from $99. I was so excited as I can hardly ever get anything for 75% off. My step-daughter had been wanting one, so this is a great b-day gift.

I got one of these yesterday at my target. I was so excited! :cheesy:

I doubt they will let you re-purchase them right away. You would probably have to wait till they put them back on the shelf and take our chances that you would get them.

Had this happen.. returned an item I really didnt need 2 more of (I bought 4 already on clearance).. Found out it was 75% off. Told the customer service desk I actually wanted to rebuy them. They told me to wait until they went back on the shelves.. They were really cool and I kept checking to see if they had re-stocked them while I was doing my clearance rounds.. Just before I was checking out they were pushing them back to the shelf.. I was told I had to wait until they physically put them on the shelf to put them in my cart.. They were really cool about it, which I cant complain..

what if you return it 90 days after you buy it as that is target's policy... the christmas items are long gone and maybe they dont even have the SKU's anymore... how much will they give back to you?

After 90 days - even with a receipt - they will give you nothing.. I had this happen.. Bought a pair of headphones for the husband.. couldnt find the receipt.. couldnt return them because they were opened (Customer Service demanded a receipt).. found the receipt a year later - they wouldnt give me anything.. :( But I cant complain.. they were on clearance at a really good price anyways :)

What about if I got a holiday items (Christmas tree, ornaments) at regular price and now it has dropped down to 50-75% off clearance? Will I be able to get a price adjustment for the lower price within the 14-day price adjustment policy?

If anyone can shed some light on their own experience that'd be great!

Thank you!

Nope. They will not price adjust on clearance items.. unfortunately.. or we'd all be waiting til they go on clearance and go back to price adjust within our 90 day return period.. I have heard of some cases that the manager would.. but your best bet is if you see it on clearance.. pick it up and return it with your non-clearance receipt.. but thats a moral issue up to you..

I am not sure but I have seen here on the boards where the cashiers are typing something into the registers and its getting the last price listed on the item? not sure if that would come up with the Christmas items but if its obviously Christmas, they are probably going to give you only 10% back (90% clearance). Just a note, it specifically indicates Holiday/seasonal items in their return policy. They instituted this about 4-5 years ago, give or take since so many people were returning items bought at 50% and buying again at 75% or 90% to take advantage of the better sale.

Target Stores Return Policy

We will issue a full refund for most items returned within 90 days in new condition, with the original receipt, packaging and accessories. A form of personal identification may be required.

Also, please note:

Music, movies, video games, software and collectibles must be returned unopened.

Camcorders, digital cameras, portable DVD players and portable electronics are subject to a 15% restocking fee.

Holiday and Seasonal merchandise on clearance at the time of the return will be refunded at the current clearance price.

Any purchase made by check may be refunded as a merchandise voucher.

Refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect value of free gift or discount.

Other restrictions may apply.

All other returns or exchanges - including those without a receipt - will be offered manufacturers' warranty and repair assistance at 1-800-303-0308.

They've had that quote "holiday and seasonal items" up for over two years now at MI Targets and have not been enforcing it.. Also, ask a Customer Service Team Member if you can return it if it doesnt match your decor / you dont like it / whatever reason.. They'll tell you how that store operates... But its the chance you take.. most good stuff goes quick.. So buy it at 50% - you're still getting a good deal either way...

I picked up a 16-bottle wine chiller today for $25, marked down from $99. I was so excited as I can hardly ever get anything for 75% off. My step-daughter had been wanting one, so this is a great b-day gift.

I went searching for this, but none to be found in San Diego. I will keep checking back though, because I really want one of these.

They've had that quote "holiday and seasonal items" up for over two years now at MI Targets and have not been enforcing it.. Also, ask a Customer Service Team Member if you can return it if it doesnt match your decor / you dont like it / whatever reason.. They'll tell you how that store operates... But its the chance you take.. most good stuff goes quick.. So buy it at 50% - you're still getting a good deal either way...

You have been lucky than, ours enforces it as do most that I have seen on the boards.

They don't enforce it around here either. I've never had trouble returning holiday merchandise and getting all my money back no matter when I return it.

Would this be the number on the receipt? If so, it is 072010177. If that's not the right number, I can check the box.

Thanks for the info on the wine cooler. One question though - anyone know why the target inventory checker says "Could not recognize the DCPI value of 072010177"

I did pretty well last night. At first I thought I might end up leaving empty-handed, but then I remembered the scrapbooking area! After Halloween there was nothing to be found, but I found a bunch of Christmas stuff. It was weird though that not all the Christmas stuff was marked down, so I scanned everything. I even found a Halloween thing and of course it came up item not found, so they gave me 80% off (i didn't want to push it to 90% since I did want the item ;) ) I also found a pack of the wintery snowflake plates someone had just tossed on an end-cap. And of course picked up some candy with the Target coupons.

If you return them after they go to 75% they will only give u the current sales price

I haven't had this problem around here. If I have my receipt they have given me the full price I paid for my items. Of course I doubt they will be on the shelf at 75% off either.

They don't enforce it around here either. I've never had trouble returning holiday merchandise and getting all my money back no matter when I return it.

I live in the same area and I agree. I haven't had any problems with the stores around here on returns of seasonal merchandise. :)

RE: Return of Clearance Items

I have never had any problems in getting back the amount I paid for an item since I had my receipt.

If you try to return a item that you bought at 50% & you don't have a receipt & the clearance is at 75%, they will only refund you the 75% value.

Now is this seasonal type clearance (i.e. Christmas stuff) I have had no problem with just regular clearance but they were always sticklers for the christmas stuff. I haven't tried though in the last few years. It would be nice to go and get stuff at 50% and if it makes it to 75% than rebuy and return the stuff at 50%.

RE: Return of Clearance Items

I have never had any problems in getting back the amount I paid for an item since I had my receipt.

If you try to return a item that you bought at 50% & you don't have a receipt & the clearance is at 75%, they will only refund you the 75% value.

We were talking specifically about the Holiday merchandise though. And that seems to be spotty. Some stores do not follow policy (lucky customers there) which is to only refund the current clearance price Holiday merchandise.

Wed we went and some toys were already at 50% .. we got the little mommy twin set (twins, stroller, bed, swing ect..) that was a black friday special 1/2 price for $15 .. we almost got this at full price LOL cause even $30 is a good deal for that type of set.

and got dd an I-dog the blue one that comes with a purse to carry it.. a target exclusive for $15 1/2 price also .. dd got a mix-max for x-mas & her cousin got the same I-dog and she loved it so it was a good find for us LOL

we also got a few outdoor decorations for next year... polar bear cub.. went to walmart and got a skating peguin & more sprial trees. Only found 1 gladwear item.. but it was a good one .. 3 baking pans w/ lids. oh and got dd the princess tree set for her room for next year.. got a couple rolls of wrapping paper cause I am picky and there wasn't much left that I liked LOL got a wilton cookie press

OH AND 1 target gave me hard time with the ponyville x-mas tube... it rang up full price and I was like wait no thats not right... the sign is there with it that says 50% off and the other items we picked up all rang up right (Kelli's, carebear etc) the cashier did not want to give it to us at 50% off! she called over a manager and she didn't really want to either... but was like "go ahead and give it to them" very annoying I mean the pony had a santa hat on it..

Just curious, is this when you pay full price or have you tried to buy it like at 50% and return when its 75%?

It doesn't matter. I've bought holiday stuff at full price; found it on sale for 75% off; and returned the full priced item during the 75% off sale. They give me back what I paid. I don't buy too much holiday stuff until it gets to 75% off, so it's rare that I would buy something at 50% off and return it after it goes to 75%. But, it has happened... just not that often cause most of what I buy I just wait until 75% off.