Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

About the long red/white clearance "As Is" stickers. I have seen those items go lower and they just put another As Is sticker over the existing sticker. I have also seen items with that sticker grossly overvalued or undervalued...where the orig. price is way lower or higher than I know it truly is. I don't know why or how that happens and it doesn't happen that often. Most of the time, the items I see with that label are not that great of a deal... maybe 30% off or something. I think shoppers kind of have to watch and know the value of what the item is.

About the long red/white clearance "As Is" stickers. I have seen those items go lower and they just put another As Is sticker over the existing sticker. I have also seen items with that sticker grossly overvalued or undervalued...where the orig. price is way lower or higher than I know it truly is. I don't know why or how that happens and it doesn't happen that often. Most of the time, the items I see with that label are not that great of a deal... maybe 30% off or something. I think shoppers kind of have to watch and know the value of what the item is.

I totally agree. Sometimes the pricing team just make up a price they think is right. That is how I got those Power Rangers Helmets for $4.96. I have also seen a large number of items, usually baby bedding sets, marked down from the online price. They have had a set at the San Dimas store here for at least 6 weeks at 30% off. I have seen similar sets sit in a store for several weeks, but eventually they take it to 50%. And likewise to 75%.

In one store today, I noticed that several of the bike helmets had had their prices changed at the tag. A significant number were clearly clearance prices because they ended in .98 and they were very low. So, if you are in the market for a bike helmet, I would check them carefully. I noticed one toddler helmet was $1.98. I also noticed that a Disney Princess set was marked $4.98 at one store (not at another). There are 2 of these that look basically identical except that one is slightly lighter in color - more pink than purple. It is $4.98. It has the elbow & knee pads with it too.

Sorry, I did not have time to write down DCPIs. There were too many and I was pressed for time.

Here is a photo of the one on sale that I know for sure:

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Q18BVRGAL._SS400_.jpg

I got one of the Hauer stainless 4.6 cubic foot fridges for my dh with an AS IS sticker on it priced $52.25. That was more then 50% off of the sale price last week. I was delighted with that price and went for it. Brought it home and it works perfectly, YAY!! There is a small dent in the front door and the front feet were missing but we were able to fix that and my dh is so happy!

Ok today I found a Dora the Explorer Toddler bike helmet & pads set 75% off for $4.98. There was also a princess bike lock and horn set for $3 something - we passed on that. I also got a pair of 2 lb wrist weights that link over the thumb for $2.48.

heads up KC shoppers,

the target at 119th and Metcalf was putting out a ton of Rose art crayons for $.03. They seemed to be in boxes from the back. I know that they were not out last night, since I was there then too.

I wonder what else they are bring in from the back. (All school supplies are on back endcaps by Halloween.)

Of course they bring them out after I leave. Go figure. :) That's ok. Maybe I'll check tomorrow to see if they have any left.

Our school stuff finally went to 75%.

6 pack of Bic mechanical pencils .84

24 pack of Sharpies 3.48

Rose art crayons .03

Bic pens .12

5-star 3 subject notebook .86

I also got about 10 bags of cat food free and 2 bags of Iams dog food free with coupons.

The Iams was clearanced to 2.48

If you're buying back to school clearance I was able to use some post-it coupons and printed some bic coupons off the internet so I got several items for pennies:)

Oh man, I keep forgetting about printing out post-it coupons before I go to Target. Maybe I will remember next time. I really didn't see any on clearance though. are you just using them on the cheaper post-its to get them free?

Finally I get to post my great 75% off deals on school supplies:

$3.98 Sharpies (24) 4 packs

$3.48 Pilot Precise V5 roller ball pens (14) 4 packs

$1.03 96 Ct. Crayola Crayons- 2 packs

$1.74 44 piece Crayola Washable set- 2 sets

$.07 college rule loose leaf- a case

$.25 10 packs of notebooks- 2 cases

$1.18 20 ct. Bic mechanical pencils

And a bunch of other random stuff! I am one happy Mom right now!!!

Of course they bring them out after I leave. Go figure. :) That's ok. Maybe I'll check tomorrow to see if they have any left.

I was just at the 119th ST tonight at 5 p.m. and bought a bunch of crayons to give out for Halloween (what a great idea from this forum). Anyway, they had gobs and gobs and gobs left, so you should be able to get some tomorrow. Also, one of the workers was right in that area and he asked me if I wanted any backpacks cause they had lots more in the back. I told him only if he could find some Hello Kitty ones. He went back and they had more. I only needed one more, so you might expect even more back to school stuff to "come out of hidding!" I also combed the office supply aisle and found Sharpie markers and highlighters along with a label maker. They aren't marked, but if you just sort of look for the packages that don't quite fit with the new, full price stuff you may get lucky. I went and scanned them and they all scanned 75%, but they did not have orange stickers on them. For sure I can tell you that the Sharpie markers come in a 24 pack and the new ones that are selling for full price are 25 packs. That may be one quick way to spot those. I just recognized the label maker and knew that was back to school.

They aren't marked, but if you just sort of look for the packages that don't quite fit with the new, full price stuff you may get lucky. I went and scanned them and they all scanned 75%, but they did not have orange stickers on them. For sure I can tell you that the Sharpie markers come in a 24 pack and the new ones that are selling for full price are 25 packs. That may be one quick way to spot those. I just recognized the label maker and knew that was back to school.

Thanks for the reminder, I found several of the Sharpies had been put back in the regular aisle. They are 24 & 25 packs as you say. The 24 packs have a peachy colored one on the far right, too, that stands out.

What does the label maker look like? I don't think I ever saw them, so I am not sure what I am looking for. I have always wanted one, but always have been too cheap.

Oh man, I keep forgetting about printing out post-it coupons before I go to Target. Maybe I will remember next time. I really didn't see any on clearance though. are you just using them on the cheaper post-its to get them free?

The ones that I got that are part of the BTS clearance are: (1) Super Sticky Unique Shapes --football, baseball, flower & heart. These are shrink wrapped. Should be around 50¢; (2) Notes Cube - 400 sheets + 100 sheet bonus. These are the ones that they had on sale for $2.00 a few months ago. States "25% More Bonus" on the label. Should be 98¢. (3) Super Sticky Lined Notes 4x6 [?]. Looks like small legal pads. Has a bonus of 1 pad [for a total of 4]. $1.07.

The ones that I got that are part of the BTS clearance are: (1) Super Sticky Unique Shapes --football, baseball, flower & heart. These are shrink wrapped. Should be around 50¢; (2) Notes Cube - 400 sheets + 100 sheet bonus. These are the ones that they had on sale for $2.00 a few months ago. States "25% More Bonus" on the label. Should be 98¢. (3) Super Sticky Lined Notes 4x6 [?]. Looks like small legal pads. Has a bonus of 1 pad [for a total of 4]. $1.07.

Great, thanks!

If you still have your receipt, you can take the receipt and the coupons back into the store and they will give you credit for them. If you don't do it the same day they will return the item and resell it to you with the coupons. No need to bring in the item, just the receipt. I did this 2 days ago.

Got a couple of stuffed kitty cats 75% off today. Just happened to go fill the first round of prescriptions for the kids first sinus infections of the school year (we are prone to them), and DS1 saw a stuffed cat that he wanted for Christmas (we are cat lovers and he wanted a brother for his other one). Went back this morning and it was 75%! So, for $1.24 I figured one more stuffed animal would be okay.

I didn't think the backpacks would be around yet to look at but my Target still had some for 75% off. I ended up getting another Jansport for a just in case, because it was 12.48 marked down from almost 50.

I am watching one of the College chairs..it is still only 30% off. They only have 1 left and I have no big hopes..but you never know.

Lots of frames and artwork on clearance again. Must be time to bring in new. Sheets and stuff too being marked down.

School supplies were basically gone but were at 75%.

I found "college" ironing Boards on clearance for 3.48 yesterday. The cashier couldnt believe it and asked me if there were any left on the floor, I said yes around 5 or 6, she said "good I need 3". I guess this is part of there 75% off school stuff since it had the word college on the plastic wrapping, cause the board is standard size. There were a lot of other "college" clearance items as well....sheets sets, throw pillows, desk lamps, ect.

Thanks for the reminder, I found several of the Sharpies had been put back in the regular aisle. They are 24 & 25 packs as you say. The 24 packs have a peachy colored one on the far right, too, that stands out.

What does the label maker look like? I don't think I ever saw them, so I am not sure what I am looking for. I have always wanted one, but always have been too cheap.

The label makers were red and white and they really stand out because there is a bonus punch type label maker packaged together with it. I did not see these at a lot of the Targets. I'm thinking they were just at the Super Targets... but I could be wrong. Maybe there just weren't that many and they all sold early. I don't know. I believe the regular price on them is around $14, so they are marked down to $3.48.

Very different from previous years when there were so many Dymo label makers around at 75% off. I'm glad I stocked up on them. They make great gifts and I also have one in about every room in the house. Of course I'm a freakish organizer, so I use them a lot. Previous years they had really nice ones marked down from $20 to $5 and they also had lots of the label refills on clearance too. Not this year though:no: (at least not that I've found.)

I had more luck in the office supply aisle today as well. Able to find some post its and also 2 of the Scotch shipping tape packs with a dispenser marked down from $11.xx to $2.xx.