Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Went to 3 Targets in my Raleigh NC area this weekend and our school supplies are still only 30% off .. what's up with that?

Backpacks finally made it to 75%, but the college stuff is only 30% too.

Air conditioners finally made it to 50% off - but the on I'm looking at would still be $199.00. I'm still thinking about that.

the portable one?

Went to 3 Targets in my Raleigh NC area this weekend and our school supplies are still only 30% off .. what's up with that?

Backpacks finally made it to 75%, but the college stuff is only 30% too.

Air conditioners finally made it to 50% off - but the on I'm looking at would still be $199.00. I'm still thinking about that.

I hate target I buy this stuff for my kids and I get a little pleasure out of them losing money on this stuff!!

If you hate it, why shop there? I hate Walmart, so I just don't go.

On a separate note, many boys shorts were marked 75% off today. Here in CA they can wear them 9-10 mos out of the year, so a great deal.

They were marking electronics and I noticed that those digital photo frames were now 30% off here. Still a long way to go to be a good price, but if you really want one, might not be too bad. Some of the digital cameras went from 15% to 30% as well, but not all. Wish our had gone to 50%, oh well. They'll probably be gone before that.

My day today

DPCI 084160132 Preen Weed preventer was 12.99 paid 1.64

DPCI 204021150 Spider man slip and slide was 19.99 paid 4.98

DPIC 072070699 Bissel Carpet steamer was 169.99 paid 84.50

I've been eyeballing that carpet cleaner for a long time and thought they were all gone. Saw one today and luckily it still had the markdown sticker on it because it did ring up item not found.

REad the whole post! I shop there and buy the things cheap so they lose money!

Target does have better clearance but that is it! I will take Walmart anyday!

;)

If you hate it, why shop there? I hate Walmart, so I just don't go.

On a separate note, many boys shorts were marked 75% off today. Here in CA they can wear them 9-10 mos out of the year, so a great deal.

They were marking electronics and I noticed that those digital photo frames were now 30% off here. Still a long way to go to be a good price, but if you really want one, might not be too bad. Some of the digital cameras went from 15% to 30% as well, but not all. Wish our had gone to 50%, oh well. They'll probably be gone before that.

;)

OH I dont think they lose money really.... I think their mark up is probably about 150% retail. So unless we get it at 90% off they are probably at least breaking even.Look at the Global Bazaar..when they first get that stuff in I think the price is "outrageous" but some people want it and pay the full price. By the time it gets marked down to 30% I think that is still a pretty good profit for them.. at 50% maybe alittle profit then at 75% breaking even. My dad use to manage a furniture store in California so I KNOW the mark up price of some of those items. I think when they salvage stuff it's at the break even point and thats why they then start donating it.. they make more on donation write off then selling it for a lower price. Just my opinion :g_shrug: :g_shrug:

During my Target trip this morning I came across a Dolce Cutlery set marked down to 13.68 reg 59.99, it was mixed in with all the other cutlery set, not on an endcapp.

They also have Kraft mac and cheese for .67 cents and there is a coupon for 50 cents off making them .17 cents apiece.

Where did you find the Kraft mac and cheese coupon?

;)

Checking prices can be an eye opening experience. I often find Target cheaper on regular, everyday items. Other times when I notice something is a few cents more expensive at Target, I notice on my next visit that Target has lowered the price. In my area at least, Walmart is not cheaper on every product. Actually, if Walmart was cheaper on every item, they too would lose money and then would no longer be able to lower prices as they do on some items.

I ,too, disagree. No business would be as successful as Target if they lost money continuously by selling clearanced items. If it makes you feel better to believe that you are making Target lose money, whatever helps you sleep at nite.

Almost every business has "loss leaders" which are items they take a bit of a loss on to offer them at a price that no one else can match. They get you into the store and once any business has you in there, they count on you picking up other things which often are more expensive than a competitor.

Got my Son a Gazillion bubble blower gun for $1.98 got some off for .70, Backpack for .98,

Buzz lightyear bubble blower for 2.48, lego batman car for 15.48, 12 pack of bubbles for .74!

I hate target I buy this stuff for my kids and I get a little pleasure out of them losing money on this stuff!!

I bought 3 of the Gazillion bubble blowers. They take 6 AA batteries each!!! Mine also leaks all over. :mad:

DH wanted me to return them,but I guess it was worth it at 75% off for 1 day of fun. If I had paid reg. price or 50% I would have taken them back.

All of our school supplies are still 30% off. They have tons left. They have to mark it down sooner or later.

Our school supplies are also only 30% off. Lunchboxes are 50% off and backpacks are 75% off. I stocked up on the backpacks for next year for the kids. Also, girls solid color short sleeve shirts were clearanced to $1.24 - I picked one up in each color for that price!

My day today

DPCI 084160132 Preen Weed preventer was 12.99 paid 1.64

DPCI 204021150 Spider man slip and slide was 19.99 paid 4.98

DPIC 072070699 Bissel Carpet steamer was 169.99 paid 84.50

I've been eyeballing that carpet cleaner for a long time and thought they were all gone. Saw one today and luckily it still had the markdown sticker on it because it did ring up item not found.

I just wanted to offer a suggestion!! On INF (or NOF) items, it is totally worth it to take the markdown sticker off if it's not at 75% off already. I have done this a few times. Usually the policy is, if it doesn't ring up at the register, they will key in the price from the last clearance sticker. If there is no clearance sticker, they look it up in the system for the last price for which it sold - often 75%, or if you're lucky, 90% off in the one or two days after seasonal stuff salvages. Almost always, the price they have to look up at the register or with a PDT will be lower. It is a bit of a risk, though, because once or twice I've had an item ring up at full price - usually it's been an item which is clearance at one store but not at another, and it's a very recent clearance.

On Saturday, I found a manky old Disney Princess ice pack (didn't these come in a two-pack?) in a beat-up ziploc bag with one of those pink "needs info" tags taped to it. I tried to tell the cashier that it should have been at least 75% off Dollar Spot items, but she then informed me that she was a team lead or floor manager or something and knew the proper policy of not selling anything that didn't ring up. This is maybe the 3rd time that this has ever happened to me; usually they don't mind looking up the price or even making one up, depending on the cashier. It's a bummer if they start to do that though, because I kind of think - if I can find it on the floor after it's supposed to have been pulled, and you can look up the price, I should be able to buy it!

lovetoshopCA, you are one dedicated poster! Thanks for checking so often and posting your finds. Is SoCal 75% off school supplies yet?

I did also find some cute baby clothing at 75% off (not much left though, I think it cleared out last week or the week before) and there is Burt's Bees 4-pack of lip shine, or something like that. I got a couple at 50% off and found one pack marked 75% off, but 3 of the glosses were missing :( .

Other than that, if anyone is looking for a good (if not terribly quiet) showerhead, the Oxygenics one is 50% off now. A couple months back I got a few at 75% off and they do work really well, I like them a lot. You might want to keep an eye out for them at 75% off, it was $12.48. Lots of flashlights also 50% off now, just waiting for 75% off!

I just wanted to offer a suggestion!! On INF (or NOF) items, it is totally worth it to take the markdown sticker off if it's not at 75% off already. I have done this a few times. Usually the policy is, if it doesn't ring up at the register, they will key in the price from the last clearance sticker. If there is no clearance sticker, they look it up in the system for the last price for which it sold - often 75%, or if you're lucky, 90% off in the one or two days after seasonal stuff salvages. Almost always, the price they have to look up at the register or with a PDT will be lower. It is a bit of a risk, though, because once or twice I've had an item ring up at full price - usually it's been an item which is clearance at one store but not at another, and it's a very recent clearance.

Yep. I agree! I have done that a number of times, but you are right about the risk. Sometimes it goes back to full price.

On Saturday, I found a manky old Disney Princess ice pack (didn't these come in a two-pack?) in a beat-up ziploc bag with one of those pink "needs info" tags taped to it. I tried to tell the cashier that it should have been at least 75% off Dollar Spot items, but she then informed me that she was a team lead or floor manager or something and knew the proper policy of not selling anything that didn't ring up.

What a load of hooey! Sounds like someone just got a promotion and thinks she's somethin'. Probably just took a class on the subject. More than half of the ones at our stores will just make it up if they can't find the price. Rarely do the work THAT hard to get the "right" price.

lovetoshopCA, you are one dedicated poster! Thanks for checking so often and posting your finds. Is SoCal 75% off school supplies yet?

Nope. I keep checking, though! I want to buy a bunch of the markers and stuff to help me start an arts & crafts basket for the spring school fundraiser. Last year I got a bunch of marker sets for our church Christmas store, too. I am still using the ones I bought for my own kids last year, too. :cheesy: Think maybe I went a little overboard last year.

I found the Graco pack-n-play yard rise and shine for 29.98 regular 59.99.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_10/602-8997348-3699011?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000LP2G6K

I know it was an internet only item. My neice just recently found out she is pregnant and I was debating whether to buy it or not, so I hid it for now. I know it is a good price, but does anyone know if it would get marked down any further?

On Saturday, I found a manky old Disney Princess ice pack (didn't these come in a two-pack?) in a beat-up ziploc bag with one of those pink "needs info" tags taped to it. I tried to tell the cashier that it should have been at least 75% off Dollar Spot items, but she then informed me that she was a team lead or floor manager or something and knew the proper policy of not selling anything that didn't ring up. This is maybe the 3rd time that this has ever happened to me; usually they don't mind looking up the price or even making one up, depending on the cashier. It's a bummer if they start to do that though, because I kind of think - if I can find it on the floor after it's supposed to have been pulled, and you can look up the price, I should be able to buy it!

I did also find some cute baby clothing at 75% off (not much left though, I think it cleared out last week or the week before) and there is Burt's Bees 4-pack of lip shine, or something like that. I got a couple at 50% off and found one pack marked 75% off, but 3 of the glosses were missing :( .

Other than that, if anyone is looking for a good (if not terribly quiet) showerhead, the Oxygenics one is 50% off now. A couple months back I got a few at 75% off and they do work really well, I like them a lot. You might want to keep an eye out for them at 75% off, it was $12.48. Lots of flashlights also 50% off now, just waiting for 75% off!

I got a two pack of disney princess ice packs for $1.oo and thought that was a good deal.

In Gastonia NC they had the school supplies at 75%..I loaded up on pencils and pens. You can never had too many pens and pencils.

THey also had a lot of kids shirts on clearance 50-75%. I got a bunch of ts for 2 of my kids and i bought for next summer too. They didn't have them all on racks either. The graphic ts were still on the shelves. THey had the kids champion soccer clothes at 75% off too.

Our Target had kids 2 pack pjs for 30% off but they are the ones with the really tiny arms so I passed them up. They had alot of t shirts (boys and girls)75% off;boys underwear 75% off. I found a very nice horseshoes toss set regularly 59.95 for 14.95. These would make great presents. Also found a great cork/blackboard message center that has the sliding cork board for $ 4.98 reg 19.99 These were all on the endcaps

Has anyone found labelmakers for 75% off? It seems that they were marked at 30% off with the school supplies, so maybe they will go down soon? (I saw a bunch of them at 30% at the metcalf super target in KC, but it is too far to check on unless I know they are a good deal..)

I was at the Vogel Rd Target in Arnold MO last night and they had Hello Kitty digital cameras, original price $39.99 clearance $19.99. Two styles, holds 179 photos and includes software.

I picked one up for my daughter today, I'm hoping it will go to 75% off though. At my target (Maine) they also had the hello kitty cd karaoke system/cd player with 2 microphones for 19.98 too (50% off), which I also picked up. They are tons left. I'm going to keep my eye on them just in case they should get marked down lower.:o

Major score on school supplies in KC today. I just didn't have any luck finding anything at most of the Targets that went from 30-50% off...seemed like there was nothing left by the time it got to 75% last week. But, today, 2 Targets (Oak Park and Mission) went straight from 30 to 75% off. OMG, there was so much left. Tons of Crayola, post its, scotch tape Hello Kitty folders and tablets, Crayola pip squeak markers and creativity kits, super glue, masking tape, 64 count crayons... I even found 4 large Rubbermaid type containers used for hanging files. They had just finished marking, and I had the whole aisle to myself. (It was nice cause I didn't have to bother anyone to scan and ticket stuff for me.) The lunch boxes didn't appear to be marked. Very nice day on school supply deals for me finally.