Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

saw that they have started marking a lot of the furniture. I wasn't interested myself, but I know that some of it was Shabby Chic. I know there has been a lot of interest in that on here so I thought I would mention it.

Last Wed. (5/30) I was at a Target (SE Neb.) and saw a guy with a cart (one of the big metal ones) full of Shabby Chic furniture: a chest with drawers, a bookshelf and one of the semicircular tables. I asked him if it was going on clearance & he said, no, it was display models and they were going to take it to the shredder! I asked him if he'd sell it to me -- I had visions of making a big score here. He even called someone but they said that due "to safety issues" they had to shred the furniture. He said that it did seem a waste, but that that was just their policy (which I'd never heard of before -- haven't there been some other stories here about people getting display furniture?). Anyway, I had to be at an appointment in 15 min. so didn't have time to pursue it any further.

Just yesterday, however, at the same store I did see a couple of the boxed Shabby Chic semicircular tables on the shelf still but they had no clearance stickers on them. I didn't scan them.

Today at Target.--Spiderman bike with training wheels 75% off for $14.98. Spiderman Mega blocks.--75% off . One set was $7.48, another $6.24, another $4.98, two small sets $1.48

Do you have the DCI for the spiderman bike?

Thanks!

Last Wed. (5/30) I was at a Target (SE Neb.) and saw a guy with a cart (one of the big metal ones) full of Shabby Chic furniture: a chest with drawers, a bookshelf and one of the semicircular tables. I asked him if it was going on clearance & he said, no, it was display models and they were going to take it to the shredder! I asked him if he'd sell it to me -- I had visions of making a big score here. He even called someone but they said that due "to safety issues" they had to shred the furniture. He said that it did seem a waste, but that that was just their policy (which I'd never heard of before -- haven't there been some other stories here about people getting display furniture?). Anyway, I had to be at an appointment in 15 min. so didn't have time to pursue it any further.

Just yesterday, however, at the same store I did see a couple of the boxed Shabby Chic semicircular tables on the shelf still but they had no clearance stickers on them. I didn't scan them.

What a bummer! It is their corporate policy not to sell display furniture due to liability issues. However, it seems that some employees are unaware or simply don't follow the rules. Maybe childofsolitude or one of the other employees on the site can address that.

hmm, interesting, I know for a fat that I have seen intact "model/display" pieces be on the isles with red clearance tags on them, including rocking chairs and ottomans from the children's display??? I once saw a big black table that was reguraly over $250 marked down to less than $50.00, and it was the display and I would have looooved to have brought it home but knowing Hubby would have killed me i didn't pursue it, but somebody got a great deal!!???

They sell the display pieces from the Bazzar and patio collections, what is the difference in that?

hmm, interesting, I know for a fat that I have seen intact "model/display" pieces be on the isles with red clearance tags on them, including rocking chairs and ottomans from the children's display??? I once saw a big black table that was reguraly over $250 marked down to less than $50.00, and it was the display and I would have looooved to have brought it home but knowing Hubby would have killed me i didn't pursue it, but somebody got a great deal!!???

They sell the display pieces from the Bazzar and patio collections, what is the difference in that?

Our store does the same thing. They told me it is because they are not put together properly.that they come into the store that way as displays only and are many times just glued instead of reinforced and nailed. The bazaar stuff is regular furniture so they could sell the samples. I have seen several things that I would have loved to have purchased and have asked about them and that is what I was told.

Good day at Target today....

*finally got the color wonder for $2,48, bought all 4 packs they had left for upcoming b-days.

*Several packs of dora, diego, and backyardigans stickers %75 off for .74 cents

*Pampers splashers swim pants and wipes, used the expired $3 0ff and MFC $1.50 + .75 = less than 3 for both

*tons of girls circo NICE Shorts/skirts and eyelet lace tops for %50 off $2.48 a piece. Other circo stuff for %30 off but will be waiting for it to go lower.

*Pantene purchased 2 @ 2.78, minus the Target coupon $1 off, minus the MFC in last sundays paper $2 off = total $2.56 for both bottles

I got a Gilette Fusion power razor kit (the razor, battery, after shave and shave cream) for $4.48 and there was a $4 coupon in Sundays paper. I bought all they had for 48 cents!

I got that today too! I didn't have a $4 coupon, but I did have a $2 one, so I got a good deal too...not as good as yours though!

Today at Target.--Spiderman bike with training wheels 75% off for $14.98. Spiderman Mega blocks.--75% off . One set was $7.48, another $6.24, another $4.98, two small sets $1.48

Ugh I wish ours were 75%. Our bikes are still 50% and the Megablocks are still 30%. :(

Our store does the same thing. They told me it is because they are not put together properly.that they come into the store that way as displays only and are many times just glued instead of reinforced and nailed. The bazaar stuff is regular furniture so they could sell the samples. I have seen several things that I would have loved to have purchased and have asked about them and that is what I was told.

Correct! Target isn't allowed to sell displays and that is a corporate policy, although some stores actually do sell them. Also they are supposed to have signs indicating that you can't use/buy the display.

The furniture that is on the endcaps low enough to use (the leather chairs, Global Bazaar) is okay because it's actual furniture, it's not pieced together.

What a bummer! It is their corporate policy not to sell display furniture due to liability issues. However, it seems that some employees are unaware or simply don't follow the rules. Maybe childofsolitude or one of the other employees on the site can address that.

Home Depot is the same way. I was in charge of the service desk and it literally killed me to destroy brand new special order cabinets, tools of all kinds, etc. You wouldn't believe what I had to destroy. Policy was no one was to keep or sell any of the merchandise.

I can't get that number to work - it says it doesn't recognize it. Can anyone else get it to work?

Could you please give me the link to the site where you check these items? Does it check the availability in your store? Thanks in advance! :D

I followed "lovetoshopCA's"advice and what I did was I went to the amazon website. I just did a general search and input spiderman bikes. I clicked on the one I think you guys are talking about and when I did there is a number that is called ASIN so I just copied and pasted that to the website where you check if your target carries it. Good luck. Hope it works for ya'll.

I can't get that number to work - it says it doesn't recognize it. Can anyone else get it to work?

Let me recheck the reciept and see if I typed it in wrong! It was a long day yesterday. I will repost it if I made a mistake! Sorry!

I just rechecked and that is the number on the receipt. I have no idea why it is not working. It says 082030114.

Had a pretty good day today-Got the large pack of spiderman mega blocks for 7.xx (75% off), got my dd several pairs of the jeans that went 50% off and I had just bought several in her size as it's hard to find her ones that fit and these fit at the top but had to hem them and since these were thin-that was easy! So will get to take the others back and get my full price back-yay! Also got some tops that were 50 off for her for 2.xx! I lucked out and got a pack of the chat now phones! 9.xx....think they were 75% off? That will be a great Xmas gift this year! The girls will love that! Other than that, not much around and I had to search for those items! :eyepoppin:yup:

I followed "lovetoshopCA's"advice and what I did was I went to the amazon website. I just did a general search and input spiderman bikes. I clicked on the one I think you guys are talking about and when I did there is a number that is called ASIN so I just copied and pasted that to the website where you check if your target carries it. Good luck. Hope it works for ya'll.

What is the website to see if your target carries it? I know about the *at *allet site, but I don't see anywhere to enter any numbers onthat particular site. Is there another one I don't know about?

TIA

finally, a great bargain day! got two of the black and decker 4pc tool set for 75% off (12.xx) for fathers day. it was 50% off two days but decided to check again today when i ran in to get something else. also got the tomy choo choo loop toy for 75% off ($3.xx) which i had also been eyeing. i usually miss out when things go to 75% but this must have been my lucky day because i finally got the two things i had been waiting for! i ran in to get the westen digital 500mb hard drive on sale for $137. looks like i'm returning it because i just saw on the home page the deal listed for dell.com that has it for $96.85. oh well, it got me into the store and scored on fathers day gifts!

finally, a great bargain day! got two of the black and decker 4pc tool set for 75% off (12.xx) for fathers day. it was 50% off two days but decided to check again today when i ran in to get something else. also got the tomy choo choo loop toy for 75% off ($3.xx) which i had also been eyeing. i usually miss out when things go to 75% but this must have been my lucky day because i finally got the two things i had been waiting for! i ran in to get the westen digital 500mb hard drive on sale for $137. looks like i'm returning it because i just saw on the home page the deal listed for dell.com that has it for $96.85. oh well, it got me into the store and scored on fathers day gifts!

sorry, that should be 500GB

What is the website to see if your target carries it? I know about the *at *allet site, but I don't see anywhere to enter any numbers onthat particular site. Is there another one I don't know about?

TIA

Yeah, that is the one I'm refering to since that is the one I got from this board. On that site there are fields that are labeled "ASIN" or "DCPI"; that is where you put in the numbers.