Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Today in Las Vegas I got 2 white memory boxes for 4.24 each. They have a pink background, but easily changed with different paper. I made a neat little decor box for the first time last week with different colored murano glass pieces shaped like starfish and leaves, glued them down, and it looks pretty cool. I found the boxes in the stationery section, so be on the lookout everywhere! I also picked up a nice satin throw pillow and 2 red vases in Global Bazaar. Love this thread, as I am a fellow Target addict for sure!!

I finally found 2 packs of the .69 juice boxes!! I almost did a little dance in the store. I thought that they probably had just sold out in my area and that was that. So nice...

A little thing I noticed today. There are those long narrow packages of Choxie truffles. The regular round shaped ones. SOME of them are on Vday clearance. It isn't at all obvious, either. They start with Tiramisu on one end and end with Black Raspberry. They were originally $7. Right now the scan at $1.75. They are found on the end cap display of regular Choxie stuff. They are not the ones with a white one in the middle. I noticed that in some stores they have identical looking packages with a different UPC code. I could be wrong about that. It could be that some stores simply don't have them marked, but I think the UPC changed.

The DCPI is 055071500. Since they are generally in the stack of regular priced merchandise, people are not snatching them up. So there is a good chance to get them for 90%, too. They are pretty good.

When someone first posted about the Bunn coffee makers I went to Target because I need a new one. Well, there was none to be found. I have been to Target several times since then and did not see them but today I went and they had one. I was so thrilled to find it. I have gotten probably 12 of the Choxie candy bars. The Target here only has a few on the stands by the cash registers. I think they just put them out about once a week and only have the Chocolate Expresso which is pretty good. They do have others back by the candy but they are $3 apiece and are the same amount of ounces but thinner and bigger. I did not find any in the Valentine candy. I used to go to Target really often and got some awesome deals but found I was spending way too much money on stuff I really did not need. I found this site and now I am going again but I am being better about spending money on stuff I really don't need and cluttering up my house. LOL---now to find those solar lights!!!!

OMG you are exactly like me! I started on this site BF 2005, came back BF 2006, but stuck around and found this thread. I've been addicted ever since! My boyfriend says that now that I'm not only hitting Target everyday, but 3 Targets a day, I've really gotten out of control. I can't help it though! Is it bad that I don't want a 12 step program? :cheesy: I love my perimeter perusing! I even went back and read some from last year's perimeter perusing thread (since I wasn't around then) just to see what I might have to look forward to in the next few months!!

I was also WAYYY to excited when I found the juice boxes too! After a month of searching, it's like finally finding a hidden treasure!

PS- Remote starts here are still like 30-50% off. Waiting for them to go down further. Did find 5 grills that I swear were not there yesterday that are 50% off. Reg 129.99 down to 64.99. Didn't get one though.

i too need a program... i check this site everyday since perusing for BF '06 and sometimes more than once a day. My husband does not trip about the $$$ he just doesn't want to hear about how I saved 'em.

Last year I would have NEVER have shopped at Target since they would not PM.

Since I found this sight I find myself looking deals too! I have never see a store not mark their sale prices! It's the chalange and I feel bad if I leave without a deal. I have been at Target so much that I almost forgot I can still get higher end cheeper clothes when 75% + 30% + 15% off at another store.

I am going to have to go through a twelve step program.

Nuh-uh.

You don't need that until you start dreaming (while sleeping) about finding a good deal at Target and being the first to post on the board about it...

A little thing I noticed today. There are those long narrow packages of Choxie truffles. The regular round shaped ones. SOME of them are on Vday clearance. It isn't at all obvious, either. They start with Tiramisu on one end and end with Black Raspberry. They were originally $7. Right now the scan at $1.75. They are found on the end cap display of regular Choxie stuff. They are not the ones with a white one in the middle. I noticed that in some stores they have identical looking packages with a different UPC code. I could be wrong about that. It could be that some stores simply don't have them marked, but I think the UPC changed.

The same thing happened during the Chr-stmas clearance with the square truffles. The ones following the markdowns had a different colored X in the word Choxie. I think the regular logo has a red X and the holiday packaging had a green one. I haven't looked to see if that is the case with any that were put out for Vaelntines. But if so, I bet the regular X is still red, and the Valentines packaging would have a pink X.

My kids thought I was super mom tonight! I got 10 single packs of Archer Farms chips. 14 single Choxie bars, 2 3pk of valentine choxie bars, 2 choxie valentine truffles and 3 packs of Russel Stover sugar free chocolate hearts. Start price $47.08.... after coupons, $1.22!! The valentine truffles were $1.75 clearanced and I was still able to use the $2 choxie bar coupon and then the 3pks were $1.50 clearanced and used the coupon on those too! My kids couldn't believe it! I was quite happy!

Oh, in regards to the coupons...

1) When I had trouble with a store not taking them, I called corporate and complained. I also asked about the amount you can use at a time. They said you can use as many as you want as long as you have one coupon PER item. Tonight I used 18 choxie coupons and they took them all. If they wanted to limit it, why would they do the "generate" thing!

2) Our chips are only 89 cents and it still gives me the $1 off. Wonder why our chips are only 89 cents when everyone elses is 99? Weird

Steph

The same thing happened during the Chr-stmas clearance with the square truffles. The ones following the markdowns had a different colored X in the word Choxie. I think the regular logo has a red X and the holiday packaging had a green one. I haven't looked to see if that is the case with any that were put out for Vaelntines. But if so, I bet the regular X is still red, and the Valentines packaging would have a pink X.

That's it! I just checked the package. Thanks Gator Pam! So, everyone look for the pink X on the packages in the regular Choxie stuff!

That's weird. The thin choxies are 2.00 at my nearest store, but $3 everywhere else. Now I'm ticked about the truffles. They were on an endcap next to the V-day stuff. I almost scanned them. I'm not too upset, because I got the much bigger V-day boxes for the same price.

In some stores the thin choxies show a $2.00 price on the shelf tag for the peppermint crunch and espresso, but actually ring up for $3.00. So, if you decide to buy them, be sure they ring up right, or you make them correct it at the checkout.

Oh, in regards to the coupons...

1) When I had trouble with a store not taking them, I called corporate and complained. I also asked about the amount you can use at a time. They said you can use as many as you want as long as you have one coupon PER item. Tonight I used 18 choxie coupons and they took them all. If they wanted to limit it, why would they do the "generate" thing!

2) Our chips are only 89 cents and it still gives me the $1 off. Wonder why our chips are only 89 cents when everyone elses is 99? Weird

Steph

Answer to your questions

1) Target doesn't do the generate thing--someone else did this to help all of us.

2) there are two size packages of chips--stocked on top of each other at all stores. 1.5oz is 89¢ .... 3oz is 99¢. I have only found the buffallo chips in the 1.5oz size.

I was a happy camper as I picked up the GB long coffee table for 50% on Saturday. Was even more excited when I got an additional 30% off cause it was the floor display! So I picked up a $199.99 table for $69.99, a few Choxie bars and a few bags of the small AF chips! VD was only 50% off on Saturday though, but no big deal. I found a 3 set of pink Wilson mixing bowls with lids part of the VD clearance for $4.99.

Does anyone have the Cappuccino/Espresso maker available? I don't think my stores even carried it. There is one more Target close, but it's 80 miles away- one way. We are so Target deprived here. I would gladly pay someone to ship it to me. My sister has one on her wedding registry, and I want to wow her!

If anyone in NE Ohio is looking for the $24.99 BUNN coffee maker (orig. $100) I have one and may be taking it back today. I'm going to check with my Mom to see if she needs it. If not, it'll probably be going back later today. It was the only one when I bought it.

ETA: In case anyone was interested, I did not return it. My sil wants it so I will be keeping it for her.

That's odd. Why just those flavors? Those were the types at mine. But I'm positive mine rang up at $2, because I checked my receipt. I will have to double check it again.

I think they were all $2 until recently. They introduced the new single origin types at a higher price, and I think they are bringing the others in line with it. But they haven't gotten all the shelf tags and computers up to speed.

2) there are two size packages of chips--stocked on top of each other at all stores. 1.5oz is 89¢ .... 3oz is 99¢. I have only found the buffallo chips in the 1.5oz size.

That is interesting. I have only found plain & parmesan garlic in the small bags, regardless of size. I didn't notice the difference in weights, either. Though I did see the different price.

Definately call and complain. I e-mailed Customer Service and got a copy of the coupon policy just to carry aound with me. The e-mail said all stores accept web coupons!!

1-800-440-04680

Thanks for the info because I couldn't find it on their website. I've been so busy the last few days so I never got a chance to look into this thread until now. Thanks again Becca!

Here is Target's coupon policy. This is directly from Target customer service...

....Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping at Target, and we make it easy to use them at our stores. But because of the variety of coupons available to our guests, we do have some guidelines for how coupons can be redeemed at Target:

-We accept two kinds of coupons: Target-issued coupons and manufacturer-issued coupons.

-We'll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.

-We can't give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item; in that case, we'll adjust the value of the coupon to equal the price of the item.

-We can't accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.

All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier at the time of sale.

HTH

Thanks for posting this. I will be printing this out and mailing it to the idiot managers at the Eastchase Target.

I too am addicted but actually think I might spend less at Target after using this site. I won't buy something if there is even a slight chance of it going cheaper, when before I would have picked it up at first mark down.. thanx so much for all the info.

Is anyone else buying way too many Choxie bars? Everytime I go past a Target, I go in to check for clearance items and pick up a few Choxie bars. At this rate, by the time the coupon expires, I will have a hundred bars! I have only tried one of each flavor, I have been giving the others away or saving them for Easter baskets. :eek:

I need your help. I live in the middle of nowhere and am so Target deprived.:( Friday I get to go to Target!!! :D I'm making a list of all the deals I've found on here, but I have one question. How do you get the coupons you all are talking about for the choxie bars and chips? (I just hope my van will hold all my deals)

Thanks for the help and having this thread, usually I'm just mad because I live 2 hours from the nearest target, but now I have a ray of hope!!!!

Wow - the Valentine's aisles were really cleared out today! I wasn't able to go yesterday, but still managed some good 75% off finds:

(2) Girls' VDay tees $1 (love these, because I got the nondescript with hearts that Cai can wear year-round)

(2) Girls' VDay embellishment tees $1.25 (same as above)

Girls' denim skirt with embroidered hearts $2.49

Free Choxie bar

(2) VDay My Little Pony $1.25 (had to take these to Customer Service to get price override; rang up at regular price on the price checkers)

(2) 10-pk Minute Maid apple juice boxes $0.69 (still had even more on the shelf, but only in apple juice)

I need your help. I live in the middle of nowhere and am so Target deprived.:( Friday I get to go to Target!!! :D I'm making a list of all the deals I've found on here, but I have one question. How do you get the coupons you all are talking about for the choxie bars and chips? (I just hope my van will hold all my deals)

Thanks for the help and having this thread, usually I'm just mad because I live 2 hours from the nearest target, but now I have a ray of hope!!!!

This link http://coupons.50webs.org/

It was posted a few pages back in this thread.

I arrived at my closest Target just as they finished clearing out the V-day isle into 2 shopping carts. I scanned a couple of items from the carts (V-day Choxie bars, V-day socks), but they were coming up full price. Interesting? I did manage to finally get the Back to Basics cocoa machine for $4.98, the Illustory for $4.98, and Sesame Illustory for $5.48. They were priced at $9.99 and $10.xx for sooo long. I also walked away with $11 in coupon savings between 4 free choxie bars and manufacturer coupons applied toward clearance hair and moisturizer products. Still can't get the auto car starters any cheaper than 50% off. I'll keep checking on those. Thanks to everyone for your tips!