Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Question - If I buy something today and it goes on clearance (not sale) within the next 14 days, will Target do a price adjustment?

Thanks.

Nope. I tried to do that a couple of years ago. You would have to rebuy it if it goes to a lower price and return it with your first receipt.

I went to our target today (oklahoma)and its still 30% with scattered 50-75% One of the clerks told me that they didnt know when it would be reduced (sure you dont) but that they have the night stockers price all of the boxes individually. She said they were waiting for the christmas items to be sold and would probably start marking them down soon....but who knows what the reduction will be... probably start at 50% then maybe 75%. Walmart is starting to mark they things down. I got some Dora Magic Castle furniture for 7.00 and the Play all Day Toddler doll for 21.00 (reg 39.99)They also had those adorable activity tables that are from $50-80 for 21.00. I almost bought one but with all the things my grandgirls got for Christmas I am afraid to take another "big item" over there. :)

Just so you know, I work at Target and I haven't a clue when items will be marked clearance or when it will be an additional percentage off.

At both targets I went to today, the remaining Christmas clearance was ringing "not on file" or 0.00.

One store had tons of the glade pumpkin pie candles left, I bought a few and the cashier gave them to me for 10 cents

Another store had the Sonja Kashuk "stairway to stardom" compacts and a lip gloss set...both came up "not on file" so they rang the compacts at $2 and the lip gloss set at $1

Just got back from 2 targets. Neither would let me get a discount on the Cascade...I tried! Oh well! :( I did get the last 6 of the Minute Maid juice boxes for $.69. I also got a Koby the study bear for $17.xx, 3 Kool Kidz robots for $5 each, Superman Laptop for $24.xx (there were plenty left so hoping these get marked down more tomorrow), and an electronic flywheels for $4.xx. Im still waiting on the Weebles castle to get marked down more than $17.xx. Hopefully that happens tomorrow too!:D

I went to a local Target today on my lunch break and they had 2 different tubs of the Cascase 80 packs - one with a snowman (scanned 12.99) and one in regular packaging that scanned item not found. Took the one not showing a price and asked the cashier to try it and after 3 different people they still could not give me a price. Oh well, I tried!

Hello..happy Tuesday everyone! I went this AM to run my endcaps and ended up finding some leftover Christmas stuff (wrapping paper, red box cookie jar & some tights for DD). When I noticed a 75% off sign in the girls dept I took a peek and couldn't believe it, but there was ONE winter coat on the rack...size XS, just what I need! It's a little big on DD, but with a sweater under, it will be good...$44 jacket for $11..woo hoo! Lots of cami's and pants for her too...TOTAL SCORE!!

I went to Target today, and it seems with all the Christmas stuff gone there is not much clearence that are good deals, toys still too high and i'm getting frustrated, when will they mark them down, I hope I don't miss it like last year. My Target has no air freshners, apple juice, or cascade-total bummer

I heard on the radio this am, this guy talking about Target clearance. He said that if the price on the red sticker ends in a 4(ie: $5.24) that means it is the lowest the item will be clearanced to. Anyone know if this holds any merit?

There is a lot of stuff on clearance at only 15% off that ends in a 4. In my experiences at Target, once something goes to 75%, that's about as good as it gets... aside from seasonal items (Christmas, Valentines, Easter, Halloween). If you are math challenged, look on the orange sticker up in the top right hand corner, most times you will see either a 15, 30, 50 or 75. That's how you know what percentage you are getting.

Went to my target this morning and I was quite dissapointed that the toys are still marked at 30% off. Overall, I didn't find anything except for one thing. The men's department had quite a bit of 30% and 50% off. And I have being eyeing some jackets that are fleece inside and have a whole bunch of pockets and zippers and stuff on the outside. Anyway, I think it'll be good for dh if not maybe a present. So they had kind of like an orange w/the rest like gray or something like that (had about 5 or 6) and then they had 2 blue ones. I took one of the orange ones and it rang up as $14.98. That is a great deal :cheesy: considering how heavy and warm and good looking they are. So then I got one of the blue ones too.

Well, the blue one had about three different stains (probably come off w/washing) but when I went to pay I asked the cashier (the one at the returns desk) if I could get an additional discount because of the stains. She called some manager and then said that all she could give me was an extra 10% off. I accepted.

So here I am thinking "alright, $14.98 minus the 10% yea!" but guess what happened? The blue one rang up at $29.98 or something like that. So I go back to where the jackets are ask for a manager and she scans both jackets and tells me that because of the colors and their popularity, corporate has priced them differently. Well, there were other reasons but I can't quite remember. So, sad to say :( I had to return the blue one.

I walked in today just as they were marking 6 whole aisles of toys to %75 off!!!! I couldn't believe it, I never hit the deals like this. I loaded up two FULL carts and paid about $98 bucks! The best deals was the Pony Castle was marked down to $12.98!!! Reg price was $50. I got the diamond Bratz dolls for 4.98, Doodle bears for 2.48, Barbie keyboard with microphone for 9.98, and lots more! :)

I walked in today just as they were marking 6 whole aisles of toys to %75 off!!!! I couldn't believe it, I never hit the deals like this. I loaded up two FULL carts and paid about $98 bucks! The best deals was the Pony Castle was marked down to $12.98!!! Reg price was $50. I got the diamond Bratz dolls for 4.98, Doodle bears for 2.48, Barbie keyboard with microphone for 9.98, and lots more! :)

WOW! That's awesome! CONGRATS!

Target donates it to goodwill or the salvation army and uses it as a tax write off

Has anyone tried the Goodwill to pick up som of the Target items that were donated? We have several Goodwill stores and they all price differently. Sometimes I can pick this stuff up very cheap .. like a lamp I was going to pay full price of $45 at the store -- I bought for $3. It looks almost like a potterybarn lamp and I get lots of compliments.

:rolleyes:

I have seen some of the Target salvage at Goodwill and bought a couple of things. Our Goodwill really overprices stuff here - at least I think they do. I got a Cars sheet set without the pillowcase for $8 - that was when the movie was hot.

Most of the stuff they had for sale had something wrong with it. The set minus the pillowcase, a broken airplane (found that out when we got home). I actually saw that they were trying to sell a travel swing that didn't even have all the pieces to it and I am talking essential pieces to make it work. Crazy.

Where are you? I have been waiting for the Pony Castle to go down, but our Target in INDY will not go down for nothing in the world.:( The toys are still 30% off.

I went this morning and found the holiday hand soaps, but they were like 4.98 and they wouldn't consider them as being Christmas items. :mad: :mad:

Where are you? I have been waiting for the Pony Castle to go down, but our Target in INDY will not go down for nothing in the world.:( The toys are still 30% off.

I went this morning and found the holiday hand soaps, but they were like 4.98 and they wouldn't consider them as being Christmas items. :mad: :mad:

I'm in Indiana too!:eyepoppin

I went to the Target on Michigan road, which one did you go to? They were like bloodhounds today and didn't want to sell anything at the prices they were yesterday. The pony castle was still twenty something dollars and everything else seemed really high.....

I checked the Christmas 90% off and found several new items that had been returned- an amaryllis in pot - 89 cents and potpourri - $1.29. Command hooks with christmas pictures on the package were 57 cents. On an end-cap Pepperidge Fram Ginger Family cookies were 59 cents. Unfortunately, there were only 2 boxes left. I also purchased 6 Method Plug-ins -Spiced Pear - $.79. I love the smell.

Just my luck... I was at one last night and it wasn't marked down that much. I guess I just need to make another trip! I need to stock up on birthday gifts. My dd loves those doodle bears.

Hello! Have been lurking around for a few weeks, but new to posting. My friend at work got me hooked on you guys!! Tee-hee!

Went by my Target today and all Xmas was gone except very few things in food area, Grinch toothbrush sets, etc. Many Hello Kitty items, even regular Mr. Coffee coffemakers for really cheap, but toys was still priced about 30%. Bummed that I can't find any of the juices and glade candles at the really cheap prices.

The deal I found today is boys Hanes sweatpants & sweatshirts for $1.48 (75%) and some printed sweatshirts for 2.98 (50%). They had racks of them, many colors and sizes. Don't use them too much down here, but they never go out of style and don't like to spend a fortune on winter clothes for FL. Bought larger sizes for my 2 boys for the future and may even go back to get others at even bigger sizes. Can't beat the price! :)

I'm in Indiana too!:eyepoppin

I went to the Target on Michigan road, which one did you go to? They were like bloodhounds today and didn't want to sell anything at the prices they were yesterday. The pony castle was still twenty something dollars and everything else seemed really high.....

I went to the East Washington store b/c it's close to my job, but I'm usually at the Target on 38th Street early (Sat) b/c they start marking down a lot of things and it's not a zoo :)

I just went to my Target and they had marked ALL the clearance toys to 75% off! A little of what i got was a Bratz Digital Camera or Camcorder (not sure didnt look to closely!) $19.98 (orignally $80), Bratz little babies $2.24 each, Bratz Diamonds $4.98 each, Dora house $12.48!! That made me so happy!! Bratz Cd player, walkman type $7.48, barbie computer $11.24, superman computer $12.48, my little pony in the walker $6.24 and so other stuff. All together I spent $170, but left with two carts full of stuff!!!

I just went to my Target and they had marked ALL the clearance toys to 75% off! A little of what i got was a Bratz Digital Camera or Camcorder (not sure didnt look to closely!) $19.98 (orignally $80), Bratz little babies $2.24 each, Bratz Diamonds $4.98 each, Dora house $12.48!! That made me so happy!! Bratz Cd player, walkman type $7.48, barbie computer $11.24, superman computer $12.48, my little pony in the walker $6.24 and so other stuff. All together I spent $170, but left with two carts full of stuff!!!

What state are you in?