Amazon.com - anyone else fed up these guys?

I'm done! I'm so done with Amazon.com! First there was the whole XBOX 360 fiasco and now the $3 Swiss Army pocket knife offer this morning. I don't have time to go into details. I'm just wondering if there's others on here who are tired of the impossible to get promotional offers and the way Amazon has handled it? :mad:

My only complaint with them was a Target/Amazon order I made the day before release on the Wii unit. But that was Target who screwed up and not Amazon. I've tried to hit other deals and the system has crashed but that seems to be a norm this year lol

Other then that I've been very happy with Amazon. I've gotten some great deals. We have to realize quantities are limited just like they are in stores. If you don't get there early enough you don't get the deal.

I was annoyed with the whole Xbox thing, not so much that I didn't get one, but all the problems with their site.

As far as the rest of the vote rounds, I got every thing I wanted, except the DVD player. I got 2 bikes and a tent when they were offered again.

I have ordered tons of stuff and not had a problem at all. I even ordered stuff Monday night, and it was next day DHL at my door by 10 Tuesday. (I have a trial of prime). Everything has been great deals, and fast shipping.

I did lose out on the knives and xbox too, but that is understandable. I am very glad for the people that got them, and understand that these are limited quantities and we should be lucky they offer it at all. Maybe we'll get in on something in the future.

I love Amazon.

The only problem I ever had, DHL had delivered a package to the wrong address and I called amazon, and they shipped another immediately (no charge of course).

Even though it wasn't their fault, they took care of it right away.

As far as not getting the super cheap promo items, I never have gotten them, although I've tried, but I also understand that it's just that . . . a PROMOTIONAL item.

Not everyone is going to get these price loss items. That's the reason for a limited quantity, so as not to lose TOO much money.

They're promo items, with extremely limited quantities. It will be near impossible to get them, so I wouldn't use those experiences against the company. The Xbox one was a disaster, but they have changed the system now to a more sensible one (I haven't used it, other than voting so far, so I don't know how fair it is or if it works properly).

I have no complaints against Amazon they have done me good. I don't have prime but everything I have ordered and used the free shipping on I have recieved within 2 days. Ordered Barbie and Dora skates on Saturday got them Monday. Ordered spongebob skateboard yesterday morning already in Shawnee and out for delivery. So I'm very very pleased with them! Not to mention the price adjustments they have done for me in the last 2 days!

I hold nothing against them on these promotional items. We tried for the xbox and didn't succeed oh well...$100.00 we could spend on something else and thats what we did.

I won in Round 4 for the runner up RoboReptile. I ordered it on Tuesday and it is here already with free shipping. I've placed 6 orders within the last 8 days and 4 of them have arrived already. The most recent orders are not here yet. On Tuesday I ordered 34lbs of stainless steel Lodge items with free shipping, lol. I even called in for some price adjustments when a couple of prices went down and the rep was SO nice. Overall, I'm very pleased with Amazon this year.

I am fine with Amazon.... first off this was a promotional gimmick,,,not a guarantee of sale of anything. It should be thought of like a contest. I really enjoyed the voting, even though I was not initially selected. However, I was lucky enough to catch them at the right time two different days and got the bike and the elliptical. Amazon has always been good for me to shop at..... their shipping promotions can't be beat.

I love Amazon. I probably place 8-10 orders every year with them and only one time I had a problem with them. Mine was the same problem a previous poster mentioned - they shipped to the wrong address. I called them, and they promptly shipped out the next day. Sometimes their super saver shipping does take quite some time, but hey, it's free and I can't complain about that. Besides, it makes me plan in advance if I need a gift for someone and want to receive it in time!

I just wish I had read about the voting earlier on...I just jumped on that wagon for the last vote...never even noticed the 'mess up' with the earlier ones...maybe I should read back a bit???

for the record, the FIRST time I've ordered on Amazon was to get the pig slingshot...so I don't think my opinion would matter much

I have ordered so much from them this season and everything has been fine. i ahve gotten everything rather quickly too for free shipping. I did vote in all rounds and didn't get anything but that is OK because everything else I ahve gotten has been very discounted.

I got in on the Amazon prime/toys gift certificate and have been very pleased with it all!! I have had my items in the 2 days they say. I've placed 5 orders since last week and no problems. My bonus is the GC was only supposed to be used on the toys and games section, but they take it off under any category! I just need to find out how much I have left on it.

which items out of curiosity?

A bunch of swiss army knives and some camping stuff. It was from the knife depot. They could not honor the sale because it was a mistake on Amazon's end. However, I am happy with Amazon overall. I have found some great deals on Amazon.

Oh Well, I should have known a 100.00 knife would not be 3.99 anyway.:(

Sorry but B&M or online, any GOOD offer with limited availability will be hard to get. This has been proven via both B&M and online merchants with TMX Elmo, PS3 and Wii. I doubt Amazon is going to go and buy thousands of dollars in servers for a promotional event, when their servers currently work just fine (for them) and they probably sold a few thousand of each product (or however much they allowed/had) quickly. ;)

Unless I'm thinking of a different item - what knife was $100 reg and offered for $3.99? I know of the swiss army one that was offered to 13,000 people, reg. $29 for $3.

Anyway, my experiences in the past few weeks have been A+ with Amazon. :)

I haven't had any problems with Amazon. I'm a happy customer.

I know that when any store (B&M or other) offers limited quantities, chances are good I won't get the item - I'm just not aggressive enough. I don't get mad at the store, though. They're playing fairly by the rules they established long before the event occured.

I have't had any issues. I ordered a Dora castle and it was OOS. I knew that when I ordered. They expected more on the 17th, with shipping by the 19th & delivery on the 22nd. It ended up shipping on the 17th, and is out for delivery now! I am super impressed tm. Now last year wa a diff story, lol. I ordered my DD7 a bike from Santa. It was supposed to be here with about 2 weeks to spare. UPS lost it, but even then, Amazon had put the wrong addy on it. We had to call around & find it, lol. The people who had it were super nice & hubby picked it up because UPS "couldnt find it". It all worked out in the end, but both UPS & Amazon dropped the ball on that one. This year tho, I am thrilled with thier service. My super saver shipping is getting here the day it was supposed to be shipped in the 1st place, lol.

The only issue I have at all is that my mom is driving me crazy. She ordered some stuff Saturday that is supposed to be delivered no later than the 22nd - she is freaking out that it is not here yet - it is TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheesy: :cheesy:

Even if it does not come by Friday, it is for my dh & he will not care as long as he gets it before the end of the year!!!!!

Christy