OFFICE MAX BLACK FRIDAY on line deals NOT FULFILLED!

On Thrusday, NOv. 23, I ordered on line, after reading Gottadeal and a list of the items that were already on line for ordering, 3 SAN DISK 1 GB Secure Digital Memory Cards for $12.98 each. I received confirmation that night, that they were in stock and would be shipped within 5-7 days. After waiting at least two weeks for the orders I checked web site to check on my order only to find out that it is BACKORDERED. I visited my local Office Max last night ( DEC 8) and they have 15 of these on the shelves.....of course they are $58.00. AFter speaking with the store manager to try to get a price match option on my order, I was told that they were fulfilling store orders first and then on line orders, and that she had gotten an order of 10 of these items just yesterday, along with a note asking them to volunteer to return some so they could fulfill on line orders. This did not make me HAPPY. This morning I have called OFFICE MAX Customer NO SERVICE only to be told that they 'probably' are going to cancel all of the on line orders as they 'just can't fill all of them and keep the store stocked also".

Did anyone else order these from Office Max on Thrusday before Black Friday and have you received your order?

Beth in Georgia

I can say that I was in a similar situation.I placed an order on Nov. 23rd as well,but for the Flatbed Printer that was $49.99.After getting my initial e-mails from Office Max on the 24th stating the order had been filled and would ship,I got another e-mail on the 28th telling me it was back ordered and that was the last I heard from them.

I sent an e-mail to their customer service on Tuesday,didn't get a reply from them by Thursday so I called to try and get a status on my order.The lady I spoke to seemed very uninformed and pretty much knew as much as I did about my order and told me that hopefully I would get an e-mail the following day updating the status of my order..Anyway,about 3 or 4 hours after I called,the rep from Office Max who got my e-mail called,said she appologized for the delay but the printer for Thanksgiving BF ad was discontinued model and the demand exceeded their supply but to make it good,they were substituting the newer model of the printer for the same sale price and they were shipping it out the next day,"one day business"..Checked it out on line and I should have it Monday..

So my advice would be to e-mail Office Max,you might get someone a bit brighter or with more information..Just make sure you give them your home phone so they can call if need be..

I ordered some 1 GIG flash drives - order still pending. I wonder if I can cancel?

I am having a similar problem with JR.com on their DVDs - they 'lost' thousands of orders though you can see the order status. They say they are now working to fill those orders.

I ordered some 1 GIG flash drives - order still pending. I wonder if I can cancel?

I am having a similar problem with JR.com on their DVDs - they 'lost' thousands of orders though you can see the order status. They say they are now working to fill those orders.

Same thing with the JR.com dvd to me, I called them to see where my DVD order was and they said it didn't ship blah blah blah, they don't know what happened, it would be sent out that day well that was like last week and I still don't have it.

I went to my officemax after hitting walmart on black friday and the lady running the show gave me the 119 dollar camera with the free photo printer deal. They did not even have it in stock but she went and called there warehouse and had it shipped to me by the following wednesday. So I guess in some instances some people got screwed and some got helped.

I ordered the 1GB xd card on thanksgiving morning and because their credit card and warehouse departments were closed the entire weekend , they did not process my order until it was late and there was no stock , so they put the order in backorder ( eventhough I got an e-mail that said it was in stock ) and they finally cancelled it on friday , they sent me an e-mail telling me it was cancelled but I logged on to my account and it says it's been shipped....but I have not received anything and they claim the order is cancelled. Does that tell you that the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing?

To follow up.......I have spoken with Office Manager at our local store. He has about 15 in stock, but can't override the price difference???????????, why I have no clue. Have sent email to Office Max and promised an answer within a couple of hours....that was at 9:00A.M. this morning. My next step is to contact Clark Howard, our Atlanta consumer guru. The point of all of this was that SD cards were on sale almost EVERYWHERE, but the one at Office was CHEAPER. If I had not received an email saying that items were in stock and would be delivered withing 5-7 days, I could have bought some ELSEWHERE. NOW they are alot more expensive everywhere. I also ordered EARLY, as soon as I got notice from Gottadeal that stores and on line ordering was up and running on Thanksgiving day.

Learned a good lesson from all of this...........DO NOT SHOP AT OFFICE MAX AGAIN. There is an office supply company on every corner. I will quit giving them my business! Being a Realtor, I do buy lots of office supplies from them, both for home and at my office........but no more. I will pass them by and wave as I go up the street!

Beth in Georgia

I am also having the same trouble, I bought a 1g flash drive and usb wireless adapter. Both are backordered and customer service has been less than helpful. They basically told me too bad but I probably will not get my order and it was up to the individual store if they would match the price or not. I think I am going to cancel my order and I will not shop from office max again.

To follow up.......I have spoken with Office Manager at our local store. He has about 15 in stock, but can't override the price difference???????????, why I have no clue.

Beth in Georgia

I just found out the same exact thing , one of the stores near me has 8 of them in stock but officemax will not allow me to pick it up because I am dealing with executive customer resolutions team now. The woman that suposedly is taking care of my case has not returned any of my phone calls , I give her till monday to do that or she will have to answer to the attorney general office , I will not give up that easily.

Then I called customer service again and the lady said that they could not pull store stock to fulfill their orders.....WTH ??? Why not ? so they rather keep them hanging on the store shelves?

I ordered very early on Thanksgiving also. My order was for 2 Sandisk 2GB sd cards and a 4in1 printer. I received the confirmation email. On the website it said that nothing was shipped so I called on that Tuesday and they looked up the order and said that I would have it Wednesday. I went to my in-laws (where I had it delivered) and there was only a the printer! Once I got home, I was about to call Officemax and as I'm checking my email, up pops an email from Officemax about my order. It states that there was a change. Now, suddenly, hours AFTER the package has been delivered, they discover that the 2GB cards are on backorder. I called again and they said they have 7 to 10 business days AFTER THE EMAIL NOTIFICATION to ship the product or simply cancel the order. The customer service person was helpful and suggested I call back on the 12th to find out what they can do for me if they can't fulfill my order. Simple, just give me another brand 2GB card!

I am going to try to get my order today from the store however I do not expect the manager to honor the price . If he doesn't I will not make a stink because it is not the stores fault but I am ready to file a complaint with the attorney general's office of my state , I have names , dates and copies of everything that has transpired in this transaction , if they have stock to sell in the store right now , they should use that stock to fulfill the pending orders they had for days and if that means pulling stock from the stores , then so be it. I may never get this from them but I won't go away that easily , I will give them a bit of a headache.

Learned a good lesson from all of this...........DO NOT SHOP AT OFFICE MAX AGAIN. There is an office supply company on every corner. I will quit giving them my business! Being a Realtor, I do buy lots of office supplies from them, both for home and at my office........but no more. I will pass them by and wave as I go up the street

what you should do is email the company headquarters or corporate with basically your whole post up there...also...let them know that not only is this being discussed with friends and family, but that you have also been discussing this on a forum you belong to with XXX amount of posters...

it's the old customer service adage...tell someone about a good experience and 3 people hear about it....tell someone about a bad experience, and 11 people hear about...

I do this a lot when I am not satisfied with a product or with customer service....nine times out of ten, you will find someone going out of their way to help remedy the situation...most times you will even get a little extra as an "I am sorry this happened"..

And what do you think would happen if everyone here emailed corporate at the same time? I think you all just might get your item...worth a shot anyway...

Hope it all works out...

yes i did the same thing i convinced my mom and sister to get these online we went shopping on friday and saw them at walmart for their sale items and we didnt get any because we ordered them through officemax i thought i made a mistake and at least now i know that it was office max they i called and they told me that they havent withdrawn any money from my account so they cant do anything for me though they said i need the confirmation # andmy momm thru it away i dont know what to do they said without the #they couldnt help me does anybody have any suggestions

Not only I found out yesterday that one store had 8 of the cards I had ordered , but another store had several more. I decided to go to that store and when I got there I spoke to the manager , showed her what had transpired with the order and she decided to override the regular price and honored the thanksgiving day sale. I thanked her for it and I will make sure that headquarters knows about what this manager did and let them know that this is what THEY should have done to begin with.....so if they get to keep a customer ( in this case me ) it is thanks to the manager and nobody else.

FOLLOW UP! Today as I was scanning the Office Max sales paper, I noticed the San Disk SD 1 GB, with same stock number as mine were on SALE. Reduced from 54.99 to $19.99. My order on line was for $12.99. I immediately picked up the phone and called the customer service number that was on my on line order and spoke with a representative who ASSured me that she would call store the store 'as soon as they opened' and give them a request to override the sales price showing now in sales ad and let me have the 3 SD's for the price on my order and would call me back!!! Waited several hours and called Office Max local store and they were open. Got in the car drove to the brick and mortar store, spoke with the Manager, ( someone different than I spoke with the last time) showed her my on line order and asked her if any one from Customer NO Service had called to request they fill my order.........of course they had NOT, and I am still waiting for phone call. In any event, the MANAGER of this store did call and spoke with someone who gave her permission to cancel my previous order, that was backordered and I had been told was NOT going to be filled anyway, and she got permission from someone connected with CUSTOMER NO SERVICE to let her override the sale price advertised in local paper. This manager did everything possible to make me a happy customer! ENDING......I now have the 3 SD cards that I order on NOV. 23, after much aggravation, for the price that they were on BLACK FRIDAY. Presistence does pay off. However, Office Max has STILL lost me as a customer, when I walked out of the store I told them they were FIRED! I have choices of other office supplies stores, and shop elsewhere.

If you haven't received your on line order keep trying! Hopefully it will work out for you too.

Beth I did the same exact thing except I did not ask customer service to call the store because if they can't call me back what makes me think they will actually call the store?

I am still going to file the complaint with the attorney general's office , at the very least they need to know what officemax is doing to customers and they need to step up to the plate so this does not continue to happen. The state of Ohio took them to court for the same exact thing a few months back and won , we need to do the same.

For those of you who did not get your orders , call the local stores , ask for the specific item numbers and see if they have stock , if they do let customer service know and be persistent.

no problem here!

Got my items in about a week! I love my Office max.....much better that Office Depot and Staples!

I have brought ads from online and they price match EVEYTHING!!!!

Beth do you have a business account with Office Max? I do and I get all kinds of stuff for free, and the will price match anything even from other stores!

I ordered the Sandisk Sansa M230 512 MB MP3, on 11/23 & it was backordered, 10-15 days. I didn't receive any delivery confirmation so I called them on Dec. 8. They said it had been shipped & gave me the tracking number. It will be delivered on Monday. I plan to take it to the store for a refund, since I bought a different one. In the past I've had very good luck with OM, but I'm not happy with this transaction.

On Thrusday, NOv. 23, I ordered on line, after reading Gottadeal and a list of the items that were already on line for ordering, 3 SAN DISK 1 GB Secure Digital Memory Cards for $12.98 each. I received confirmation that night, that they were in stock and would be shipped within 5-7 days. After waiting at least two weeks for the orders I checked web site to check on my order only to find out that it is BACKORDERED.

Did anyone else order these from Office Max on Thrusday before Black Friday and have you received your order?

Beth in Georgia

I got mine today too. I'll be taking to the store this week.

Oh wow...I'm so sorry everyone. I was petrified they'd be out of stock on the laser 4-in-1 because I ordered it and didn't hear anything for a week... then all of a sudden I got an email saying it was shipped and I got it 2 hours later via UPS *L*

Apparently filling their orders isn't their only problem. The following are excerpts from the F-you-gram I sent Officemax:

"I was never one for contemplating the afterlife, but while on hold for over a half hour (don't believe me? Try calling your "customer service"), there was one thing I became fairly certain of:

People who go to hell end up chained to a wall, with a phone fixed to their ears; forever on hold with Officemax "customer service". Meanwhile, Satan dances around them, chanting "We apologize for the delay; a representative will be available to assist you momentarily...", while cheesy 80s ballads drone on in the background (in a permanent loop, which makes them all the more annoying).

Officemax is by far the worst, and I mean absolute WORST, retail establishment I have ever had the displeasure of doing business with. Its days have to be numbered when their "customer service" reps are boorishly rude (Only one--ONE!--of the seven I ended up coversing with even rose to the level of civility, nevermind politeness. Isn't there some sort of standard for how customers are treated?), their departments do not communicate with each other (fixing a simple typographical error in my e-mail address which caused me to miss an order status update was one of three incredible hurdles I have had to deal with. Why in the world can't operators amend incorrect information in the system? Furthermore, why is it now four days after the correction, and I have not received the email?)

My dealings with "customer service" (and I use the term loosely) has made it quite evident that I must micromanage my transaction, or else no affirmative steps in any direction are taken. I have had to call over 12 times (thus far, as I still haven't received my computer), many times for the same issue. I have had to reach the point of exasperation and rage before issues are addressed!!!!

If customer calls truly are monitored for quality assurance, someone in management isn't doing their job."