Problems with Dell.com

Anyone else having problems with Dell.com? I placed a couple of orders , didnt recieve a confirmation number until 5 days later (Which is suppose to be given the day after placing an order).

I recieved part of my order yesterday and never got a tracking number(On their site it written a not being shipped yet).

I called their sales dept and they didnt even know what was going on.

I still can't believe they gave me an estimated delivery of Jan 2007:no: :no: . I hope I recieve my order before christmas.

I might have to reconsider buying a computer next year from them. Of the several years ordering from Dell.com this is the worst experience I had.

Anyway, Anyone else having problems with their site?

Update**

They updated my order . I will recieve my order in two days. :D

same here. ordered an xbox 360 based on their 1 - 2 day turnaround listed on their site, but was given a ship date 17 days later. i cancelled and ordered from overstock.com.

btw ... order acknowledgement and cancellation confirmation were nonesistant

They delivered my 360 to the wrong address after I changed it. They said DHL would go pick it up and they still haven's shown up. Dell has not contacted me with any additional information and when I try to get customer service the phone system tells me my wait "might exceed 10 minutes" -- well that tells me nothing -- and when I try to chat with customer service online it gives me a note saying all those agents are busy and to try again or leave an e-mail. Give me a break -- their customer service sucks. I will NEVER make another purchase with Dell. No wonder their stock is sucking wind.

I've been happy with them for my computer purchases, but this XBOX experience really turned me off of them. I just got another email from them that continues the saga. Here's the recap; decide for yourself if you want to risk this type of hassle yourself:

1. order placed for xbox 360 based on 1 - 2 day turnaround

2. After getting purchase confirmation, i'm shown a ship date 15 days later

3. I contact dell customer service through email, asking if it's really going to take that long, and if so, if i can cancel the order. the response is that it may ship earlier, but that is the data they have thus far. they say they will request an earlier ship date, for whatever that means

4. the next day i establish an online chat session with customer service, asking to cancel the order. i'm told that the order will be cancelled w/in 4 hours

5. 24 hours pass and the order still has not been cancelled. i contact them again via online chat and am told the order was not cancelled. this time, they tell me, they assure me that it will be cancelled.

6. 4 hours later, it appears that the order has been cancelled, but i recieve no email confirmation of changes to the order

7. this morning, 2 days after being assured that my order has been cancelled, i get an email from dell stating "I would like to inform you that your order is still getting processed and every effort is made to make sure it ships out as soon as possible."

Confused? I am ...

Like I said, i've had positive experiences with them for computer purchases, but this has been nothing but negative.

i was happy with the desktop that we bought there in 2002... but the laptop that i bought in may was a major pain in the butt.

i apparently had credit open from that last purchase, even though i thought i closed it. when i re-applied, credit was granted. then, i received an email that my order was on hold, "waiting for more information" for my credit approval.

it took me 12 phone calls and 4 days to get that order completed... i kept getting transferred and transferred and transferred. it was hideous.

i won't buy from dell again either. total pita. other companies may be the same with their customer service, i'm just not willing to put up with dell again.

I have stayed away from dell for seven years once they migrated all their support out of the US. And mention it every time a commercial comes on-which usually promotes comments by folks within earshot that not only are they boycotting because of the same issues, but usually have a horror story of their own. Sorry about your luck and with cutthroat deals, they still won't get my business. Just my $.02.

I have had nothing but probelms with Dell since buying 3 computers from them. I purchused the extended warranty's on all 3 which was not cheap. I have one computer that we can not even use and all they want to do is try to fix it over the phone. It needs a new driver and once the driver got here it was wrong. They refuse to send someone out as stated in the warranty. The other probelm I have is a communication problem they nevr understand me and 1/2 the time I don't understand them. Good luck with customer service.....

oh, and i do agree that i've had challenges with their customer service. i'm never sure whether the people that I'm communicating w/ via online chat really understand what i'm asking.

I think their customer service phones are answered in India????? English is NOT their first language, anyway.

I used to work at Dell and I can tell you that it takes all of 15-30 seconds to cancel an order. Granted if the person you were talking to had a clue as to what they were doing. (most of them are temps). Second, I was still working at Dell when I had an issue with the computer I bought and I couldn't get good customer service, it took me 1 hour 40? minutes, I talked to 14 different people in 12 different depts, and not a clue how many other countries just to get a replacement mother board sent out. Printer Ink is the only thing I buy from them now.

I have had bad experiences with Dell's home dept., too many to count phone calls before order was correct and forget getting a invoice for your purchase without making 5 phone calls (counting the hang up's). I went to our local store to purchase my Toshiba, no dell for me.

I am also furious with dell right now. I purchased some controllers for the wii over 2 weeks ago and still have not gotten a confirmation. I also ordered the zune from Dell and received a confirmation tonight saying shipping date of 12/26. No live operators are available and I have been on hold for 39 minutes and still holding. I wish they would have told me it would be after christmas before delivery, site said 1-2 day turnaround. They just disconnected me. Now I am really mad.

I have stayed away from dell for seven years once they migrated all their support out of the US. And mention it every time a commercial comes on-which usually promotes comments by folks within earshot that not only are they boycotting because of the same issues, but usually have a horror story of their own. Sorry about your luck and with cutthroat deals, they still won't get my business. Just my $.02.

Ikwym! A few years back I loved Dell... NOW NO WAY! :gdparanoid::no:

I think their customer service phones are answered in India????? English is NOT their first language, anyway.

My ram burnt up in my Dell, I had owned the PC only a month. When I called there the man I spoke to had such a thick accent, I couldnt understand him. It got to the point that I told him I needed to speak to someone else, I was sorry, but I really couldn't understand him.

As far as ordering from them I have never had a problem.

I HATE Dell. I was sent 2 bad laptops. No one EVER wanted to take responsibility for them! EVER. (Sorry, this topic makes me hot!) They treated me like an idiot. I had to get really mean and nasty:o for them to give me money back and I was within the 21 day return period. I spent DAYS on the phone arguing with them and they kept having me do the same things over and over without results. I WILL NEVER shop DELL AGAIN!:yuck:

I ordered an XBOX from them and then got an email I would get it in January, I called and cancelled within the same day I ordered and the guy gives me a confirmation number and then I come home about a week later to see a box left on my door step and I call and say I cancelled and they tell me it had already shipped. I don't want it now and they want to charge me for a 15% restocking fee after I pay myself for the return shipping. I have never been happy with them but figured I would try one more time. All I can say is I am very sorry I went to the site. I HATE them !!!

• 2 weeks later...
I ordered the pc mover bundle from them last week for 9.71 shipped and today they told me my order was cancelled due to illegal configuration??? I asked what does that mean and the rep told me that is an illegal conf for your computer I said you don't even know what computer I have. I think they didn't want to sell that bundle for 9.00 they suck and will never order from them again.

Does anyone know how to get to speak with someone in the US at customer service at Dell? The agents I get are obviously not in the US and they seem to read from a script no matter what even if you just answered thir question we have to go through the script first. Very frustrating. Funny how sales seem to have american based support but everything else is outsourced. The desktop I purchased in May was breeze and I was very please. I tried to purchase some ds's with a turn around of 2 weeks. Tried to cancel and was assured twice it was. After 4 days of no update on my account I called back and they said the cancellation did not go through because I hung up?!?!? Now can't find a psp anywhere so making last ditch effort for dell. Originally said would be here on 27th when I needed it by, now saying 30th. Not good enough. Waiting for a response. I hate outsourced customer service. I am already frustrated by the sitatuation add in someone who barely speaks my language and it makes it that much worse. verizon DSL does that and that is why I know use Comcast.

Since I did complain I now have to give kudos. I did not try the customer phone line nor the online chat because neither seem to make a difference. I sent an email and soon received an auto reply which had a list of faq's based on the subject of my email At the end of the email it says if you are still not satisified to simply reply to the email, which I did. I did not receive a reply however when I checked the status of the order this morning it was shipped and I just received the order about 36 hours after I placed it. No extra shipping charges. I am very much satisifed now :)

I ordered the pc mover bundle from them last week for 9.71 shipped and today they told me my order was cancelled due to illegal configuration??? I asked what does that mean and the rep told me that is an illegal conf for your computer I said you don't even know what computer I have. I think they didn't want to sell that bundle for 9.00 they suck and will never order from them again.

My son ordered this also but his order just says "changed." Go figure. We're taking that to mean cancelled but whatever, this was something he just picked up because it was a good deal.

I purchased a Dell desktop this fall. The sound bar that they shipped didn't connect to the monitor I received, it was missing a part. I made sure I ordered the correct part so it wasn't my fault. It took us over an hour to connect to the online chat rep and resolve the issue. My son, the computer geek, went so far as circling a picture of the missing part and posting the page on a web page for the rep to view. And of course, instead of just shipping the missing part, they shipped an entire new sound bar and I had to send the original back.

I have had nothing but probelms with Dell since buying 3 computers from them. I purchused the extended warranty's on all 3 which was not cheap. I have one computer that we can not even use and all they want to do is try to fix it over the phone. It needs a new driver and once the driver got here it was wrong. They refuse to send someone out as stated in the warranty. The other probelm I have is a communication problem they nevr understand me and 1/2 the time I don't understand them. Good luck with customer service.....

I was on the phone with Dell for 2 hours yesterday with a guy named Martin. We got a new computer and my Dh bright idea was to uninstall the security and I reintalled it and there was a conflict.. Martin was great I could actually understand him and he fixed my problem. It was totally our fault .. He was great .> Now not all my experience with Dell has been good but last night was :)