Wii vs xbox360

My son turned 15 today and he got an Xbox 360. On the other hand I have an almost 11 yr old who is getting the Wii for Christmas. Start a conversation about video games and see what they say, you don't have to come right out and ask "Which one do you want?".

nintendo really has 85% kids games, And i mean really kids games, they have a few top titles that adults will play, but most over 12 would want a 360 because most of there friends would either have the 360 or PS3 so they could borrow or trade games with them. Nintendo is geared more like Disney for really younger kids I would say

The Wii will have all the same games (except the franchise games, i.e. Halo)

BUT, they won't start coming out regularly until June of next year, I'd go with the 360.

By next christmas you can get a Wii a little cheaper and there will be a lot more games for it.

I ordered a xbox 360 and was so happy about the deal on Dell until I saw the games. All are so gory and violent and nothing I would want my 11 year old playing. So I cancelled my order. Then I looked into the Wii and talked to a lot of gamers and found I liked the games with those. Also found out that gamecube games will also work on the Wii.

I have 2 dd's...10 & 15. My 15yo plays on the XBOX & PS2 (we do not have the 360 & PS3) and my 10yo likes the Gamecube (we are getting a Wii).:yup:

I play Gamecube and PS2...

I know that doesn't help you...:cheesy:

I guess I can explain it best in the way that Nintendo is like "fun" games.

XBOX is more sports and gore.

What are your kids into as far as games? Go look that up and that will tell you the system you need to get.:yup:

I agree...it really depends on the games he wants to play. We used to get my only Nintendo stuff when he was younger as he preferred to play those games. He has an xbox and really wanted the xbox 360. The main reason he wanted the xbox 360 was for the Halo games and the Oblivion type games. He now plays others but those were what he wanted when we got it.

Now he also wants the Wii but enough game consoles already! The only game he wants for the Wii is Zelda and he can get that for his gamecube. It will more than likely be different than the Wii version but he will survive.

I have a 16 year old that has both game systems. He only plays Halo on his xbox 360. So if your kids are loners that likes playing games with others over the internet or you want him to be one, then get the xbox 360. If you like having kids over your house laughing and having fun while playing a 4 player game then get the Wii. Shoot my 78 year old mother was here for thanksgiving and can barely figure out how to answer a cordless phone but had a BLAST playing the Wii. She laughed so hard she almost wet her pants and wanted to buy one for herself! The Wiiis are more of a family game where everyone an play. I haven't played a non PC game in YEARS and I love the Wii:)

Tina

I ordered a xbox 360 and was so happy about the deal on Dell until I saw the games. All are so gory and violent and nothing I would want my 11 year old playing. So I cancelled my order. Then I looked into the Wii and talked to a lot of gamers and found I liked the games with those. Also found out that gamecube games will also work on the Wii.

For those who have the 360 and younger kids check out the excellent game viva pinata it is non violent see the game review for a better description. http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/strategy/vivapinata/review.html?sid=6161804

There are plenty of multi-player games for X-Box. They might not be kids games but many of the sports games allow for 4 players. There are also fighting games that are multi-player as well.

I know X-Box doesn't have as many younger titles but they do have a few out there. We have the regular X-Box and have Shrek and Finding Nemo so I do know that X-Box does have kids titles too.

I think im going to go wih the 360 since my boys love the sports games...But im still researching.. I just want something they will both enjoy.

My son is a big sports fan too, so 360 was the best choice for him. He has all his friends over all the time.

My son loves the 360. He said he didn't want the PS3. He did want the Wii though.

Most younger gamers won't be able to appreciate what the ps3 offers. As a gamer who's developing an addiction for home theater the ps3 is a great asset. But for a 15 yr old I'd say they are out of the wii stage. I'd go with the xbox because the 11 yr old will out grow the wii and its nintendos next gen so there won't be a new one for a while. The 360 is definately the better investment.

Xbox360

I had a Gamecube and because sales were so poor they stopped producing the basketball game for it... Nintendo won't have nearly as many stellar games as MS.

Now if he likes mario games you can't go wrong with the Wii but it's the only reason I'd get one..

Ok, as a mom to 3 boys 2 of which are teens. I have to say that the wii gets played more now. Now this could be because its new but the xbox 360 really has not been touch other then my brother who plays it daily .. I got the kids a Playstation 3 for Christmas ( they dont know about this yet) so I guess we will find out which one will win this year at our house LOL.. Now when Halo 3 comes out I know my kids will be wanting to play that. They are big Halo players..

I am going to get my kids the xbox 360. We have PS2 & Gamecube. The gamecube hardly ever gets played and there are maybe 10 games in the display at Walmart to choose from. My DS soon to be 12 has all the war games with the blood and gore for PS2,lol. Alot are actually rated M or R with a star beside it. As long as there isn't sex or nudity, I don't care what he plays. I don't get what the big deal is. He is into every sport, kararte, extremely intelligent, well mannered & well behaved. Is there some study that shows these games are going to warp his mind or is this all just personal preference?

The Wii will play all Gamecube games plus you can download older games onto it as well. The Wii is a A LOT of fun! We opened it up the minute we got it home on Nov 19th and everyone in the family loves it! (DS 11 yrs, DD 7 yrs, husband and myself) If you already have a Gamecube I'd suggest the Wii. We own every Nintendo system that has been put out, never have purchased any of the other brands so I can't tell you anything about the XBox. I know the PS3 has glitches and won't play all of their titles. Seems silly to put out a game console that you know has problems.

Sure DS will love whichever system he gets.

Ok, as a mom to 3 boys 2 of which are teens. I have to say that the wii gets played more now. Now this could be because its new but the xbox 360 really has not been touch other then my brother who plays it daily .. I got the kids a Playstation 3 for Christmas ( they dont know about this yet) so I guess we will find out which one will win this year at our house LOL.. Now when Halo 3 comes out I know my kids will be wanting to play that. They are big Halo players..

My son was actually playing the first Xbox last night with his friends. I had to send his 360 in for repairs because it kept freezing.

My son LOVES Halo too.

I haven't let him play the wii yet, that is a Christmas thing.

If you are looking at sports games take a closer look at the Wii. We have Madden 07 for it and the controls are really cool (hike motion the controller to hike, throw motion for a pass, etc). Wii sports that comes with the system is alot of fun as well. As far as it being for younger kids, there have been high schoolers and 30 yr olds coming over to play our system. The Wii in my opinion is fun for groups of kids to play the sports games. We are also XBox fans and will be getting the 360 as well, but only for Halo 3 when it comes out.

You do what is best for your family, but we Love the Wii. I just had my 15yo cousin over to play with my 12 yo last night and they were having a blast. The graphics are not as good as the 360, but the price is better for the Wii. Good luck on your decision! Wal-Mart's are supposed to be getting shipments in Tuesday.