WM Owes apology to all

pmdemey

They are usually the store to goto but this year not so much. I think next year I will goto Menards instead! They can keep their secret, I can`t believe I actually lost sleep for them!!!!!!

Yes! I will start with Menards as well. I got the little $59.00 fireplace and I just love it. Merry Christmas to me, Merry Christmas to me! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WM can keep their secret items/

WM was terrible this year. Their secret sale was a poor attempt to increase consumer expectations & foot traffic. As the media continues to report sales they continue to say WM's reported sales declined. Anyone looking for a job in marketing? I'm sure WM will be looking for a new EVP.

WM was terrible this year. Their secret sale was a poor attempt to increase consumer expectations & foot traffic. As the media continues to report sales they continue to say WM's reported sales declined. Anyone looking for a job in marketing? I'm sure WM will be looking for a new EVP.

That`s exactly what it was. They thought if they waited long enough curiosty would hit and those without internet would be in the store no matter what. Well I think it back fired on them. With the quanities they provide they treat us like lab rats. They know we will be in there fighting till the last one is off the pallet. If they truely cared for the customers they would provide enough product.Really how many people do you know who could afford that big screen and actually keep shopping. No matter what people go there with a specific amount to spend and they use the ads to do it. It is actually hurting them in the end.

I just have to ask.....doesn't Best Buy and the others have limited quanities on the most popular items?

Why would you complain about it only with Walmart?

I agree they secret items sucked but that doesn't mean I'm going to go bashing Walmart. The only items my walmart had limited supply one was tv's. We still have just about everything else in our store now for the sale price.

I just have to ask.....doesn't Best Buy and the others have limited quanities on the most popular items?

I agree they secret items sucked but that doesn't mean I'm going to go bashing Walmart. The only items my walmart had limited supply one was tv's. We still have just about everything else in our store now for the sale price.

The MP3,gameboys,PSPs, and 3 pk games where all gone in less than 10 mins. They didn`t even get the robes in that was in their ad. Wal-Mart is suppose to be the leading in sales and I didn`t see it this year or last. They put us through the anxiety of waiting for the "8 Secret Items" that could have remained a secret. As for the other stores I didn`t go to Best Buy but if it was as bad maybe you should ad a thread.

I'm not bashing WM because of their quantities-limited quantities are part of BF. If there weren't limited quantities, the sale would not be as exciting.

I think the majority of us disgruntled WM shoppers are disappointed with the selection of merchandise this year. BF is the same day every year - negotiations with suppliers start well in advance, along with assessment of current inventories. WM dropped the ball.

I'm not bashing WM because of their quantities-limited quantities are part of BF. If there weren't limited quantities, the sale would not be as exciting.

I think the majority of us disgruntled WM shoppers are disappointed with the selection of merchandise this year. BF is the same day every year - negotiations with suppliers start well in advance, along with assessment of current inventories. WM dropped the ball.

That is basically what I mean but EVEN you would have to admit 4 of one thing and 6 of another is just wrong. The one I went to didn`t even get the PSPs in, they had to get the 7 they had on the shelf to put out. So since BF IS on the same day every year one would think they had a clue. And yes it is a corprate thing because the individual stores do not order for this sale.

I agree, the only one's dissing Wm for thier BF sale is those that did not get what they want.

I am very happy that I saved $150 on my items, especially if they are cutting out LW.

As far as being able to get online (that is why there is Cyber Monday). They want you to come to the store. Yes, I wish they had more of what they said they were going to, but is it not the hunt and scoring the best deal, that makes it nice and fun???

You want to be pissed at someone, how about the people who buy up all the items, just to make money on ebay and such, those are the ones who keep normal people from getting it. Like how many laptops, tv's and such does one person really need, and if they say "It's for family" then try adopting some of us that really needed ONE!!

Walmart doesn't owe my an apology........They were great!!! :gdnum1: I was in and out, they had EVERYTHING In stock, ours had 12 of the 52"TVs, a whole bunch of computers, and price matched EVERYTHING!!!.:cheesy: ...I went to my Walmart today and they even still had the BF prices on alot of the items. The cabbage patch dolls, Bratz dolls, Darth Vader voice thing, and all the games!! they even had those game boy units for $30something.

People can say what they want, some people are NEVER satisfied!:P LOL ....I will defiantly be back in line Black Friday 2007, getting my deals:gdclap: :gdclap: !!!!!!!

Wal-mart didn't have a ton of great deals, but they did have a few things on sale in the weeks before BF. (the seasons of Gilmore Girls, Friends, etc for 14.99 and the laptop) If they had saved those things then maybe people wouldn't have been so unhappy with the BF ads. Generally, no place ever has enough of the blitz items to keep everyone satisfied. I agree with musiang about if people would stop going and buying up everything to sell on ebay, the rest of us might actually have half a chance. And besides, finding your deals on BF is part of the fun. You can't win them all. Granted, it's awesome when you do!!!!

I find it humorous when everyone complains that walmart "owes" them everything. Give me $99 laptops, give me $99 plasmas, or I will hate you and complain on this website. Everyone that complains, where are you buying your milk, toothpaste, coffee, etc, etc? I bet you buy it at walmart. You probably shop there every week to save money on stuff you need. But they owe you cheap electronics and toys on one day of the year? What about the other 364 days when BB and CC are overcharging you? Do you post that you hate them?

My complaint is not that there were limited quantities - that's expected. But "limited" should not necessarily mean 1 or 3 or even 7 unless you say so in advance (I'm more upset with KMart over the electronic drums which were limited to 1 or 2 at the 4 KMarts I went to but that severe a limitation was not in the ad. Had it been, I would have ordered the item online at CC the night before for the extra $15. Unfortunately, it's sold out there too.). The truth is, the WM ad was pretty lame unless you wanted a few select electronic items, that were actually more expensive than BB or CC, or a couple of toys, or their usual cheap household appliances.

My complaint is that I got there at 1am for the LCD tv - I knew I was paying $ 100. more than CC and I chose to do that to avoid the long line. I was first in line and if not for a big strong guy that I "befriended", I would have ended up laying on the stack of 32" LCDs in the same way that another lady was pushed into the stack of DVD players. (She was first in line for them and she got hurt.) Everything started out in an orderly fashion until about 4:30am when the latecomers crowded in and store management simply DISAPPEARED!!! They were the ones who organized the lines and then they didn't even stick around to see if that tactic worked. They were the ones who decided that it wasn't necessary to have a directory of what blitz items were where - you were just supposed to guess and if you got an item you wanted, then you were lucky. We saw a couple of security types around 3-3:30am, but nothing after that. Their version of "security" was having some employees holding ropes along the aisle of pallets, but as soon as the clock ticked to 5am they also disappeared.

If a store can't provide at least some basic form of security and safety, then it deserves to fail. If a chain's executive management decides that individual store managers should determine how the BF sales work (for example - no security, no directory, no hot item tickets, no telling people that there were only a few of that item available) then they deserve to fail. The Target we went to next had great organization - people walking down the line with tickets for the hot items so you knew if you were getting what you wanted, the Starbucks cafe was smart enough to have people available so you could order a drink (I don't expect a free Starbucks), and there were managers EVERYWHERE. People were not able to crowd in at the last minute because the managers made certain that latecomers were held back.

I know some people were thrilled with their WM experience - I was definitely not. I was afraid for myself and my daughter. This is a store that I shop at with some regularity, and it was appalling to see how different the experience was. It's even more upsetting to compare the experience with last year and determine that as bad as last year was, this year was way way worse. And going from complete chaos to utter organization (WM to Target) made the comparison that much clearer.

That's why I think WM owes an apology to its shoppers. They don't have a consistent policy and they don't care. They figure that people will come back - I'm not sure I will be one of them.

If a store can't provide at least some basic form of security and safety, then it deserves to fail.

I'm sorry to hear people got hurt in your store. Some people are just completely rude and inconsiderate of others just so they can get a "deal". Fortunately our Wal-mart did have security. They were even still hanging around there around 630am.