Did anyone else have a good WalMart BF day?

megnsamsgrace

I had gone into walmart 3 weeks ago and put everything on layaway I wanted (thanks to this forum). My total layaway was $536... I managed to pay off $86 before BF. When I walked in, I owed $450.11 and came away paying $221.37. I pricematched EVERYTHING. I PM 4 of the Gameboy Advanced from CC. I PM 2 GBA games, 5 DVDs, the Fashion Fever Barbies rang up at $5 anyway (a WM sale price)....I cant remember the rest! I had all my ads in hand and my list and they didnt ask to see a thing. I was there at 7:15am and the store was dead. I was first in line (well... there was no line) at layaway... then my son and I walked around the toys... there were so many early bird sale items... there was no rushing around, no pushing... hardly anyone shopping! We did end up getting a couple more sale items (Spongebob TV/DVD, 20in Bratz, matchboxes). We went to the cashier to ring up and again no line. I am not sure if its because where this WM is, there really isnt any other stores around so everyone went to bigger towns to hit the others stores or what. I hope others had some good experiences with WM on BF!

Steph

I had a wonderful experience at my WM also. Got everything I went there for and more. Was in and out within 15 minutes. It was actually what I would consider packed too but they had all 30 registers open with people helping sack so checking out was a breeze! Walmart and Kmart are the only "good" department stores in my town you have to drive about 45 minutes to get to the city so there was a lot of people at both of them.

I didn't get to our Walmart until almost 5. Got almost everything I wanted except IDOG. I had ordered online at 4am Central time and got an IDOG, jeans and dvd player with no problems...........next year people need to check Walmart online earlier than 5 am. I had no server problems and my items have already shipped!!

I had a very good Walmart experience. I got the 52" tv and everything else I wanted. I price matched alot from other stores and only had to stand in line for two hours. I'll take that any day over spending my entire Thanksgiving in line.

Good experience here too. Had a little bit of a time finding things but overall it was nice. Wal-Mart is the only store real close to us(20 minutes). Nearest other stores like KMart, Staples, Sears, Old Navy and JCPenneys are all over a hour away. Too get to a Best Buy or circuit City I would have to travel over two hours. So unless I want to camp-out(too cold here in PA for that)or wake up at 2:00AM(not my cup of tea either) I am pretty much stuck with just Wal-Mart.

But that's alright DH and I had already went to Erie shopping the week before so we had about 75% of what we wanted bought.

Where I live, I'm about half-way between 2 Walmarts, both about 20-30 minutes away.

Last year, I went to a Wal-Mart Supercenter in a smaller town (thinking only a few people would be there). I arrived about 4:00am, and was about 60-75th in line :( , and had to scramble to get everything I wanted.

This year, I went to a regular Wal-mart, and decided to get there a little earlier (which ended up being only about 3:45. long story) because I thought more people would be there than the other store. When I got there, only 10 people in line - I guess everybody must have decided to sleep in a little this year. By the time 5:00 rolled around, there were about 200 or so people behind me :D.

I was able to get everything I wanted, no problems!! :yup: