Flat Panel Monitor BF06 thread

neverborn

How good is the Samsung 19" Widescreen LCD @ Staples for $129.99 compared to this???

It's only 1440x900 resolution, but if that's enough desktop space for you, it's a good

monitor. Samsung makes good LCD PC monitors.

My other problem with it besides the resolution is I wanted to use it as a TV for tailgating,

like I use my 17" Dell W1700 for currently. So, one a 19" isn't a big jump up, and two, the

Samsung won't have the TV inputs like Component video for HDTV I believe like the

Westinghouse does.

Other than those two things though, that's a good price on a good monitor.

They are with some of their new LCD TVs, so it's interesting that you say that about their

LCD monitors.

Here's a hands on user review: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1084570

To me it didn't look as bright and crisp in Best Buy as the other monitors they had, but that

could also have been settings since they were all displaying the same feed and we couldn't

mess with them much.

Westinghouse isn't a respectable brand - I bet that one comes with free dead pixels, that's my issue with not declaring it the winner.

I can only hope that there's more people like you out there so I can easily get one of these. You know nothing about Westinghouse as a brand, you're just assuming it's not good. There's really no need for this thread because the 22" Westinghouse is the best deal by far.

I picked up the 26" Widescreen LCD HDTV monitor at BB last year. The picture with HD is fantastic, and it works well as a monitor. However, I have had it lock up on me like 3-4 times where I was switching between sources and had to pull the plug to reset it. Also, the refresh rate is not the best; on certain really fast-action scenes on certain movies (explosions and the like) I experience some pixellation. With that being said, would I do it again? Yes. It's just for my bedroom, and for what I paid for it ($450 after signing up for Comcast, which I had anyway:D), it does what I need it to do

I live in the Metro East Illinois suburban area of Saint Louis. This will be my first black friday. Should I get my hopes up at getting one of those mags or the samsung? from Best buy?

I need to purchase a couple of monitors and those prices are right!

I've owned a 19" MAG 4:3 LCD for a little over a year now. It's great as a monitor, I don't really watch video on it, but it does only have 8ms response time. Personally, I'd go with Samsung over MAG, but they'll probably be pretty comparable. Why not jsut get the 22" westinghouse? If you're getting that AND another monitor, then I can see why you'd get the Samsung.

how early do you guys think we'll need to be for the 22 in Westinghouse. Hate to tell you guys this but my eyes are on that one too!! I'm thinking 2 or 3 am.... you guys think that's early enough?? I always here stories about people showing up around 3am to 100-200 people in line already. Shoot maybe I need to head there even earlier?

So, assuming I can't snag one of the 22" Westinghouse monitors, what do ya'all think about the 19" Westinghouse from Target for $149? I have a 10% off instore card so, my cost would be $135ish.

I bought this one this morning (the 19") at Target with no lines, no waiting. My husband carried it in and changed out the old one and Taaa-Daaa, I've got a new monitor that is bright. The old Gateway one kept getting darker and darker no matter what adjustments we made. I didn't know if I would like the widescreen, but I do!