How early have you put your tree up?

sissykus

Do they even sell trees this early anywhere? If they do, I'd like to get one. My husband is going TDY the Sunday afterThanksgiving until the Saturday before Christmas. With 2 kids under 2 I really don't want to go out buy and select a tree and put it up without him, but it's sad to wait til 2 days before Christmas to start decorating.

We put ours up every year on Thanksgiving. The kids wanted to do it earlier this year. Last week to be exact. But our oldest is in college and won't be getting home till Tues. or Wed. So since I put it together and all the kids decorate it every year together, we have to wait. Then each year the kids take turns putting the angel on top.

Mine have been up for about a week now. Holiday dishes were switched out Nov. 1. Yeah, a bit early, but I have a lot of decorating to do. I have one in the living room and another in the family room. Once Thanksgiving hits, there is too much going on, I like to have the house decorated early, so we can enjoy it & not be stressed out that everything needs done in a hurry.

This year is the earliest I've ever put up a tree, it's done. I assembled it on Thursday and my daughter decorated it last night and today. I've even got the Christmas stuff all over the house. I know I'm going to hear about it since I'm having Thanksgiving, but I'm honestly glad I'm done.. now to get some alone time so I can wrap some presents.

It had been a long tradition in my family to put up the tree the day after Thanksgiving. Now that I am married with children of my own, I attempt to maintain that tradition, although last year we had two trees put up; he put his upstairs about a week and a half before and I stayed true downstairs until the day after. This year, I am not sure who will win the tree fight.

We usually put ours up Thanksgiving week-end. However this year, I need to purchase a new one. I got rid of our old one this summer....it was too big for our new home. Does anyone have the prelit ones? I am looking for one, about 6 1/2 - 7 feet. I still can't decide if I want colored or white lights though. Any ideas would be very helpful, my dh just says "whatever you want dear".