dora tv/dvd combo question.

firestone71

i would love to get this for my daughter but our walmart does not have it in at this time. thought about putting it in layaway until BF. but they only carry seperate tv with matching dvd player. will this be a run as fast as you can item or do you think they will have enough stocked? this is such a great price could anyone give me any insight on what my best approach would be?

My mom got this for my kids last year. We went to Wal-Mart first just so she could get this great deal well there were plenty and they seemed to stay that price clear through christmas. So guess we didnt really need to stand in wal-mart for 2 hours waiting!!! That was our experience so maybe it will be the same this year. It is a very cute set though well worth the money!!!

it won't be on the floor till that morning...its not something we carry everyday

that was the answer to my main question. thank you! :o

but do you have any info to whether or not it will be a floor item or a ticket item. i remember last year my wm had tables set up with tickets for electronic. and should i be running or will this be an item that will be easy to get!!

i don't really need anything else so hopefully everyone else will be running for the blitz items!!

i would love to get this for my daughter but our walmart does not have it in at this time. thought about putting it in layaway until BF. but they only carry seperate tv with matching dvd player. will this be a run as fast as you can item or do you think they will have enough stocked? this is such a great price could anyone give me any insight on what my best approach would be?

I bought the Dora TV with Dora DVD player last year PIECE OF :gdcensored: DVD player broke within 3 months and the TV does still work but makes this annoying high pitch hummmmmmmm noise when its turned off. It would have been cheaper to get the bigger TV the offered and slap some Dora stickers on it

Mara

I bought the Dora TV with Dora DVD player last year PIECE OF DVD player broke within 3 months and the TV does still work but makes this annoying high pitch hummmmmmmm noise when its turned off. It would have been cheaper to get the bigger TV the offered and slap some Dora stickers on it

Mara

That's gotta be the funniest thing I've seen in a while ! :cheesy:

Some unthinking WM stocker actually put some of these out on the floor last Sat. Of course I snapped one up, but the cashier refused to sell it.

That's up to you. I think it was worth it for my daughter. She is the biggest dora fan and she uses her tv and dvd player every day to watch dora cartoons when she lays down to take a nap, during the news or just when ever she feels like slowing down for awhile to watch a cartoon or two (which doesn't happen very often but it's nice to have when she does).

so is it worth the hassle? i know my daughter will love it but if it's not good quality and breaks do i want to deal with the disappointment? what do you think should i purchase it or not?:g_help:

I suggest the bigger flat screen TV they have and a bunch of Dora stickers. Maybe paint the TV let her put the stickers on it to make it more personal to her. I wish I had done that cause this TV sucks. Were getting a flat panel LCD so the livingroom TV will go to our bedroom and the kids will probably just get our bedroom tv

Mara

I bought both the Dora & Spongebob sets. Both still work great. I saw alot after BF so I wouldn't be too worried about them having some in stock. I forgot to mention the 2 sets I bought are not TV/DVD in one. The DVD players are seperate. The deal, if I remember correctly, was $88 for the TV & DVD player together.

I am getting my son the SB one, so he has his own with his V.Smile. I will be there for BF, several hours early, as I don't want to miss that look of pure joy, I know both of these are gonna get! :shock:

We are getting our DD the Vsmile machine too - and Grandma is getting her the SpongeBob Tv/Dvd set. I am leary about getting a character tv (assuming this lasts longer than her love for SB) - but DH and Grandma are convinced this is the best deal.

it's all still up in the air with equal good and bad reports! What to do!!!!:confused:

and i feel the same way about charcature tv's will my little one still love dora in a year or two?

we got my older daughter a tv/vhs combo 4/5 years ago and it still is working great don't use the vhs vey often but the simple black has gone through all her favorites!

I stood in line last year for this so called great deal. My daughter had this for three weeks and the dvd player began to smell hot and quit working. The stickers on both the tv and dvd are cheap and peel right off the first time a child rubs at them too. I ended up going out and buying a name brand dvd player for her and have had for 11 months, no problems.

Boy with all the conflicting good/bad ideas over these tv/dvd combo's, I am scared of getting one. I could not afford to get him another! :(

i know i am feeling the same way maybe i will just wait until her bday in april! because if something goes wrong i will not be able to replace either!! sounded like such a good thing!!!:(

Add another thumbs down here. The Dora tv/dvd was the #1 item on my list last year. Granted the price isn't bad and my daughter was thrilled, but same as another poster the DVD player started over-heating and had to be trashed. No problems with the actual tv set tho.

:eyepoppin

I got one of these last year and the DVD player is crap! Broke in like 2 weeks. They are cheaply made all of the character dvd players. Weve had 2 princess ones, dora and the only one that has survived is batman. I refuse to buy anymore.

My daughter is 3 and for about 1 and half years i have been arguing with the makers about her princess dvd player.....the tv is still going strong and granted she has it on all day watching movies....but we are on number 4. My husband actually opened one up and inside is a small dvd player that costs about $20 they keep replacing them but, i am getting tired of dealing with these people....this year since hers just went out again about 2 weeks ago i will be buying her a different kind and just leaving her princess tv it won't match but, i will think of something ........