$100 have to spend 8yo boy & 2yd girl

jarerice

Please help....every year my kids have to pick (or we have to pick for them) a toy that the Great Grandparents buy. They want to spend a $100.00 on each kid. In the past, if it was less, they thought it wasn't enough money.

So this year I am asking for your help.....

My son is 8, loves sports, never played with action figures, has ps2 and DS. He doesn't know what he wants!!!!

My daughter is 2...lol.... and wants everything. She loves dolls!!!!

What do yall think?

What about a Bitty Baby from American girl dolls(98.00 for the starter collection), a nice play kitchen or something from powerwheels for your daughter, for your son, a portable basketball system, a nice set of soccer goals, bike, or a ramp for skateboarding.

I like the portable basketball system. Do you know what kind?

NEvermind, he has one already.

Suggestions....for the 8yr old son...Magnetix has large quanity sets, they are wonderful, my son plays with his off and on through out the year...there is a set of 500 with carrying case with wheels...he likes to use his mind and create new structures...My son is now 12 but he also liked scooters back at 8, but now they have electric scooters or electric choppers...or maybe telescope or lab kit for children, gravity boots are interesting, or maybe an arcade style basketball game if all else anything by Madden for ps2.

Suggestions....for the 2 year old...there are always the creavtive art centers, or maybe a play kitchen. There are power wheels little power vehicles for that age, doll houses with the accessories, or maybe the dora castle that includes all the furniture. There are dolls that are interactive. I have seen a wooden horse stable in that price range, very large to play with dolls that might ride horses. Little girls should always have dress up tea parties...tea set with table, maybe a tea cart etc.../Leap FrogLeapster and Vtech have computer like items that are fun and educational. Not too good with girls

All these ideas range from $75 - $100. Hopefully some of these might help

What about a learning toy for the little one. Like the Vsmiles game. I think they are around $100. As for the older one I have a 8 year old girl that has everything as well, If he is into sports what about something autographed by his favorite player. I know a lot of local places here have helments and bats around $100.

TRU has a couple of electric scooter for that price, a Dora doll house with all the furniture and figures and some other neat items.

Beware of the electric scooters at TRU. I have forgotten what brand it was, but the little boy I babysit for (7) bought one. They got it home, and his mom got it together, then found that the bottom was cracked. Of course, TRU wouldn't accept it on a return, so they had to get a hold of the manufacturer. The manufacturer shipped out an entire new scooter, which took a couple of months to arrive. The boy has a sister (10 now), so they figured if they could try to fix the original one, then she could have that one. Well, I put the second scooter together, and the front wheel couldn't turn all of the way without hitting the plastic on the base. It was set up properly, but the parts just didn't sit right when it was together. I had to loosen some of the screws on the base to lift the plastic part so that it would solve that problem. For about $80, you shouldn't have to worry about poor manufacturing, but apparently you do :rolleyes:

What about the Spark Art Easel by FP for the 2 year old. I have a 7year old with everything. This year he is getting a Matthews Compound bow. He has had a recurve for a few months, and loves to hunt! He's getting a .410 for his b-day. Of course, if you are 'city folk' these won't work for you.

How about Paintball marker for your son, even the "cities", yes im from a small town, have paintball centers. You can get most everything in a set at walmart or academy. Does your daughter sleep in a toddler bed or a big girl bed? If its a toddler bed maybe you could upgrade to a little tykes twin bed with the doll house on it.