Does Your So Know What You Spend At Xmas??

digman6

I was just curious after I went shopping with my dh the other night ( he HATES shopping) if your DH/SO knows what you spend on Xmas ?

My Dh was in :eyepoppin:eek::no: :no: he could no believe it. he saw the FP camera i got our 4 yr.ols and about sh*t his pants. he said,"are you freakin kidding me!!" I said welcome to my world and trying to find things and not pay a ton and doing price adjustments.

He said ,":yup: :yup: I am glad I don't ask what you spend or go with you! I think I like not know after all and plan to keep it that way"

my dh has ZERO interest in shopping for anything . he is a day before Xmas in and out of store guy.

I think it was really funny he had no idea what toys cost until he went shopping with me. I said well what do we get the baby for her b-day how about this 35.00 zebra you ride on he said nothing and had this:confused: look on his face.

i guess he gets off easy not doing any of the shopping, but I really enjoy shopping.

I don't think he willlaugh anymore when I do a price adjustment to save 7.00 now that he knows what toys cost.

My DH has no idea. He says he wants to keep it that way and knows that I will not spend more than we have to spend. He makes jokes about my PM and taking other ads to walmart to adjust the price on our layaway, but he does it in fun and knows I am saving $$$$.

Mine knows that I usually get good deals on Christmas toys so he just gives me the money to buy whatever I want. He even asks me to shop for his kids from a previous marriage. He says I'm addicted to shopping but I said no, I'm addicted to saving and getting a good bargain! ;)

He has never known what I spend on Christmas, no will he ever know. He would say it is way too much, but I do not think I have ever spent over $150 per child. With the price of things today you know that is not a lot even with bargins. Now if you were to add in the money I get to spend from the grandparents then it would make him say I do not need to spend anything. (We call him Scrooge)

M y husband knows how much things cost. I buy the stuff, but we've usually discussed it already, unless i run into a good deal that i have to pick up rith then. It'c the clothes that he has to be there to help pick out. He enjoys clothes shopping. That's very good for me, he always knows what would look good on me.

Mine knows how much I spend.. he actually works O/T year round so I can shop. He says I don't gripe as much when i'm shopping. Well, now he's taken another job, with a pay cut, and his wife (that used to make $3 last a month) is having a hard time NOT shopping. I'm gonna get myself in serious trouble if I don't stop it. I just keep saying that I'll quit after BF.

My dh knows what things cost, he shops with me, trusts me to make good choices, but never really adds it all up. He is the one who always has to do a "big" suprise worthy of Santa that blows the kids out of the water every year. He is tricky and sly. I love bargains, believe that rich people dont get or stay rich by wasting $$. I have a part time job at the school for my recreation and sanity that I use all $$$$ for christmas since that is my hobby all year. In the end, we are on the same page.

I don't have a SO, and funny enough, my family is just crazy about shopping around the holidays, it's expensive, so my single friends who are in the same boat as me who don't come from families as large as mine and who just don't spend as much, completely have bug eyes when they see what I spend on Christmas...and that's with me having no children of my own....:)

mine hates shopping i have to even shop for myself maybe thats why we are divorcing...lol but i tend to spend about 2 or 3 hundrend on the kid's we have 2 a teen and a younger 1.I buy them 1 presant that costs around 100 then a bunch of little ones and some clothes.for my family and in laws they all get 30.00 gift cards

No.

We were shopping the other day and he was looking at the Ipods, because of course that is the top of the kid's lists this year, and for about the next hour all I heard about was how those little pieces of aluminum could cost so much.

So, no, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Yes, my DH knows. He is actually the spender in our family. I will wait to buy something until it goes on sale or will research to see where the cheapest place is to buy it. Not him, if he wants it he buys it at the first store he can. At christmas he doesn't care what I spend because we both love to have big christmas'. Usually he asks me if I am really done because we need more stuff! He didn't have a lot growing up (his dad wasn't around and his mom just didn't care) and now I think he is reliving his childhood christmas' thru our kids!

My Hubby knows exactly how much I spend. He trusts me completely and knows I get a TON of good deals. However, I would rather tell him what good buys I am getting.

He does not enjoy grocery shopping, but he always goes so he can be with me and our kids.

But the 1st BF we were together, I was going to skip it and just spend time with him and our son since we had the day off. But when he saw how much we could get some stuff for at BB, Walmart, and EB games (and a few other places):eyepoppin , we made a Bee line for the stores.

Now he actually enjoys the sport of shopping when there are good deals.

And believe it or not, he can pick out outfits that I would never dare to try on that look amazing on me. He has quite an eye for all of it.

I am the Thrifty Shopper in the family, but he is the one that wants to buy buy buy. So he tells me what he wants, and I find the best deal on it we can get.

mine dont care either. as long as he gets his good stuff to eat and has money for gas, he is good to go. it is funny this year however. for the past 4 years we have been buying bday and xmas things for our dd(who will be 4 on Nov. 28th). my DH just isnt into makeup, princesses and pretty hairbows, lol. This year, since we are expecting a boy and think he will be here before xmas, dh is all into shopping. We HAD to buy the CARS movie for the baby.......ummm ok, lol.

and we had to buy this certain carseat cuz it was "boyish" looking. He is so funny and its also funny to see how he has changed once we learned we were having a boy, lol.

I don't know that we've ever talked about how much I spend at Christmas on all my shopping, but I also know that it's not an issue for us. I guess if I was overspending it would be an issue. Honestly, I don't even know how much I spend. I know some people are very even steven with their shopping for their kids, but I am not. If one wants something that costs $100 and the other wants something that costs $150, I am not going to go buy $50 worth of stuff to make up the difference between the two. I want the kids to ask for what they want, not just stuff to fill int he gaps, yk? I think doing it that way helps cut down on what I spend as well.