Best Buy hands out tickets for items at 4 am.

ean1879

On the front page of the ad, Best Buy says they will issue tickets starting at 4 am for the early bird items.

They've tried this in the past with limited results. Hopefully they will have better crowd control and more of a commitment to customers who were actually first in line.

I've never been to BB on BF, I have a high traffic BB in a big city. Anyone with experience at a BB like that on BF? I'm wondering how early is early enough to be near or at the front of the line.

I'm going to do a drive-by every other hour starting the morning of thanksgiving. hah! ;)

Not sure if you want to share, but can you be more specific when you say 'big city'. Either say the city name or give us a population number to better help you figure this out. THANKS! :)

Not sure if you want to share, but can you be more specific when you say 'big city'. Either say the city name or give us a population number to better help you figure this out. THANKS! :)

heh, yea guess that would be helpful - Orlando, FL currently population - 213,223

I'm considering driving out a ways but not sure that would help as they may not get all the items.

I've lived in much bigger cities (raised in Los Angeles) but this place is consumer crazy.

I'll probably be in line by 10pm on thanksgiving if I'm not at work!

The ticket system has been used very well for the last few years at the Augusta, GA Best Buy. Very well organized, very well done.

As for getting-in-line times, last year the laptop and desktop computers, very similar to this year's items, prompted the line to start forming at 8PM on Thanksgiving. Now, with similar computer sales and some HDTV sales that will surely draw some people out, I think we're going to start cruising the store at maybe 5PM.

heh, yea guess that would be helpful - Orlando, FL currently population - 213,223

I'm considering driving out a ways but not sure that would help as they may not get all the items.

I've lived in much bigger cities (raised in Los Angeles) but this place is consumer crazy.

Forbes says Cedar Rapids, Iowa has a population of Population: 246,500. That figure probably includes the towns that are litterally attached to CR. Like you stand on one side of the street and you are in a different town. CR being the 2nd largest city in Iowa.

I think I went at 3 or 330 in the morning to wait in line at BB. I was probably 20-25 people back. I got one of the last few pc desktop tickets.

Here is my suggestion:

• Drive by at 5 PM or so Thursday
  • Drive by at 8 PM Thursday (everyone should be done w/dinner)
  • Still not a line Drive by at 10PM.
  • And so on.

Last year we were in line by 10 pm on Thursday and were about 10 people back and we live in the DFW area. This year, I expect to do the same. Hope the one hour earlier open doesn't mees me up too much. BB has always been very good at tickets and crowd control for the 5-6 years that I've been going.

From what I have read on here, the line to get the big ticket items still gets quite long inside the store. I plan to stay in line even after I get the ticket so that I can be one of the first in line inside the store. The only thing I would be afraid of by getting out of line, is not being able to get to the counter before the doorbuster sale is over. I don't know if they will honor the ticket if it is after 12.

I am really hoping I will be first in line.

Anyone else live in the Thumb area of Michigan and gone to Flint or Saginaw or Port Huron? I have no idea of what time people start to line up at BB in this area.

Question - When you get a ticket for one of the items, do you have to continue to stand in line to wait for the store ti open or does having the ticket automatically entitle you to the purchase? I really want that LCD TV!!

You don't have to stand in line if you don't want to once you have the ticket. They will hold the item for you until noon (not sure of the time but they will tell you). Last year I got a ticket for the items I wanted at Best Buy then left and went to Walmart and stood in line there. Once I finished all of the rest of my shopping I went back to Best Buy (still nuts in there) and picked up the items I had tickets for.

I normally stay away from BB because of the craziness, but they have some really good deals this year. I still fear the crowd, though.

Last year, my husband and I stood in line to get an xbox 360. A BB lady told the first people in line to number a sheet and ask everyone in line for their name (this store was getting 20, I was 15th). Everything was cool until the same lady came out like an hour before they opened and said they couldn't use that sheet. Then everyone rushed the doors. We, the squished ones, called the police and then they called the police. When the police got there, they talked, and ultimately decided to go by the list. I got my 360.

I don't understand why they just don't put up a rope and say if you're not in the rope line, you don't get a ticket. That's the easier thing to do. Then people just can't cut in line or run in front of someone, because they will stop them.