Anybody order from LTD Commodities

momof5plus1hubby

I have ordered form them but be careful because sometmes with back orders or large orders they will get you on shipping sending your order in seperate boxes. I ordered a kitchen set form them a while back and ended up returning it because they sent each piece seperatly and with each piece came seperate shipping charges.almost doubling the price of the kitchen!

also i feel that some of there items aren't that great quality and do not last very long. but I have had good experiences as well .it's all a matter of opionion.

decided that it is cheaper buying on bf then paying so much for shipping and handling.

Look at Lakeside Collection and see if the items you ordered are there, if so, order them and cancel your LTD order. I believe they are one in the same company since they carry the same merchandise. I will not order from LTD because they will send one or two items and charge shipping for each thing that is shipped. I have had that problem to with backorders, it can take months for them to get it back in. Use Lakeside if you can!

http://www.lakesidecollection.com

A few years ago, we ordered from them for christmas.. not only was shipping outrageous, we didn't get most of our gifts until February. We ordered in October. And last year at work, in July, we got in a package for one of the girls. It had been backordered off of her order over a year before! She forgot she had even purchased it.

Had the same problem as everyone else! Plus they don't even tell you what shipping is ahead of time! I've ordered from Lakeside Collections since then and it is the same exact stuff plus they list shipping upfront. I only had them cancel my order one time because they were out of the item.

Look at Lakeside Collection and see if the items you ordered are there, if so, order them and cancel your LTD order. I believe they are one in the same company since they carry the same merchandise. I will not order from LTD because they will send one or two items and charge shipping for each thing that is shipped. I have had that problem to with backorders, it can take months for them to get it back in. Use Lakeside if you can!

http://www.lakesidecollection.com

Thanks I have ordered from ABC and LTD and just placed an order with Lakeside for the same items I was gonna order from one of the other companies, and their shipping fees are muchlower.

I've quit ordering from both Abc & Ltd. I ended up spending way too much in shipping and they are notorious for backordering items and then cancelling. Customer service is rotten, at least my experiences were. They never notified me of cancelling my orders, just did it and when I called to inquire, they would say they cancelled it a long time ago due to it being out of stock. Just wasn't worth the trouble.

when I placed my order with lakeside today I was imp[ressed by the fact that they tell u online how much more u can add to your cart for no additional shipping. Never known anyone else o do that. And shipping was not bad at all. I got the firetruck car track thing, 2 sets of magnetixs and a garmet rack and the shipping was aropund 8 dollars.

I'm going to go with the Lakeside Collection , too. I have been ordering from LTD for a lot of years now, but have always been frustrated with their shipping costs and have had them cancel orders without notification, as well. Lakeside has great customer service and the shipping is less for the same items, for the most part.

http://www.ltdcommodities.com/default.asp

I ordered a whole lot of stuff from them and it is all backordered:( :( I hope it comes before Christmas

Don't hold your breath! LOL A friend of mine & I use to order quite a bit from there and every order about 1/2 of it was on Backorder. One time we ordered Summer stuff (like pool floats, pool towels etc.) and didn't get them until they had closed their pool in late Sept.! We ordered them as soon as the catalog came out, I mean the same day she got it. It took months to get our orders and still never got it all. After that we never ordered from them again.

One time I ordered a bedspread and sheet set from there and when you held the sheets up you could actually see through them they were so thin. Were they cheap- Yep but come on! lol

They are the same. They just merged a few months back.

Check this out...

Address: LTD Commodities LLC 2800 Lakeside Drive,

Bannockburn, IL 60015

Address: abc Distributing LLC 2800 Lakeside Drive,

Bannockburn, IL 60015

Address: The Lakeside Colection® PO Box 3088

Northbrook, IL 60065-3088

BUT--->Returns Department

The Lakeside Collection

300 Tri State Intl, Ste 300

Lincolnshire, IL 60069

I wonder if Lakeside is hiding behind the PO Box and really is part of LTD/ABC?

Those addresses are only about 1 mile apart.

Don't hold your breath! LOL A friend of mine & I use to order quite a bit from there and every order about 1/2 of it was on Backorder. One time we ordered Summer stuff (like pool floats, pool towels etc.) and didn't get them until they had closed their pool in late Sept.! We ordered them as soon as the catalog came out, I mean the same day she got it. It took months to get our orders and still never got it all. After that we never ordered from them again.

One time I ordered a bedspread and sheet set from there and when you held the sheets up you could actually see through them they were so thin. Were they cheap- Yep but come on! lol

I had one problem with lakeside and LTD on their 4th of July stuff, I ordered when I got the emailwhich was like in Feb, and I got the stuff in Aug, figured I could use it next year but if you don't have it, cancel it especially if its holiday type stuff. This is the first time I had this problem with Lakeside but maybe they weren't getting the scoop from the manufacturer either. They kept changing the date and I think they didn't get any of it from the manufacturer but they should of just cancelled all orders on it.

lakeside and abc and ltd are the same...I called yesterday to cancel my order with ltd and then call lakeside to see if they had my items in stock and they answered with HELLO LTD,ABC LAKESIDE MAY I HELP YOU...but what was so funny is that they had one of my items butnot the other and ltd just told me not 5 minutes before that they did not have any they was back ordered.....on my confirmation mail it said they would be in on the 10th so I call to see or if I was so far down on the list that I would be backordered again and the ltd person said they the order was backordered and would not be in til middle of Nov...I said what date...she said I cant tell you because customers will keep us to our word..I said what is the difference with you telling me and them posting it on the confirmation sheet....duhhhh....I said dont worry...just cancel my order and then called lakeside right away and was shocked when the lady answered the phone saying it was ltd,abc and lakeside.....she had to repeat herself because it caught me off guard...lol.

I have ordered from LTD and was LARGELY disappointed. The first time I ordered was several years ago. The shipping was outrageous and everything shipped seperately. I gave it another shot a couple of months ago and had the same experience. CS is awful. You have to call a long distance # and then wait on hold FOREVER before you finally get an unhelpful CSR on the phone. LTD's stuff is good for the price....before shipping. After shipping, you pay loads more than you would if you just went to a B and M store. I will NEVER order from them again.

OK, those of you that order from Lakeside, how long does their shipping usually take??

I placed an order a couple of weeks ago, and when I check status on their site, it still says "pending".

it wasn't a very big order, a little over $25. I only needed one thing, but to get the mypoints it had to be over $25 ;) so I picked up a couple of stocking stuffers.

thanks

oriental trading isnt like ltd,abc or lake side...oriental trading sells little things grab bag items....they have bigger things but nothing like the 3.....OT is good for fall festival items..treasure chest items...Ihave never had any trouble with OT when we order from them