PRIME OUTLETS Black Friday discussion thread

Brad

There is only one Prime outlet in Indiana and it is just about dead. There are a ton of empty stores :(

I wish the one in Michigan City would open @ 12am. I might just make the 2 hour drive for that one :)

Thanks OP!! :)

Where in Indiana are you? If you're near Chicago, the Pleasant Prarie, WI one would only be about 2 hours away as well. It's right across the IL/WI border and they just finished adding a whole new wing and are completing the new food court. Should be pretty nice when they are done.

Hmmm.........Never have gone to Grove City on BF. But then again because it is all outside, we would have frozen our "you know whats" off last year! Winter in PA is NOT a shoppers paradise!!

In a moment of complete insanity, I suggested to my wife that we shop at the Grove City outlets on BF a few years ago. I had no BF attack plan like you professionals do, I just figured we could go there for the day and do some shopping while the rest of the world was doing battle at the traditional malls and big box stores.

Oh, what a mistake. The traffic was backed up at least a half-mile on I-79 just trying to get off the exit. It took at least a half-hour from the time we hit the backlog of traffic until we got a parking spot in the mall. Before I even got out of the car I was in a rotten mood. Don't think I'll be suggesting that again!

I am so thinking of going to Grove City at midnight. Figure we can stay for about 3.5 hrs- then head to Erie for TRU, Target, Walmart, ect...

I just don't know though-- it's a 1hr 45 min drive just for us to get to Grove City. So, I really want to know if it's going to be worth it. Since this is a newer concept (only a few did last year) doesn't seem as if anyone really knows if the deals will be that good.

We're already headed there Vetran's Day weekend to officially start our holiday shopping.... decisions..decisions!!

The wife and I are also thinking of going to Grove City!!! :)

it'll be our first BF since we'll be coming from Toronto, Canada. :)

We don't dare try to get to Best Buy or Walmart b/c we'd probably be 200th in line or something. So we'd try the outlet mall.

Is it that bad first thing in the morning (from the previous poster)?

We were thinking of getting there around 9am .. depending on traffic on the highways. If anyone had any past experience....is it bad at that time?

Afterward, we were thinking of driving to Rochester to do some tourist things and possibly go to a shopping mall. And i hope that the craziness will be over by the time we get to Rochester.

Cheers!

Grove City and Rochester would be a hike apart. At least 2+ hrs driving time. There are some outlets near Rochester that might be a bit better if you're going to be in that area.

The Grove City outlet will be opening at midnight. I do think it will stay busy all day. Heck finding parking their on a Saturday can be difficult, I imagine it will be crowded for the entire day BF.

what sort of deals do you get at the outlets? I'm near Prime.

A lot of stores will run 1/2 off or 1/3 off selected inventory or time range and some stores will run hourly deals where certain items are at doorbuster prices for an hour.

I am interested to see what the Banana Republic, Adidas, and UnderArmor stores run for specials.

Yup. I know. I've been working long hours and not paying enough attention to the wife. So this is a way to partially make up. Take her shopping. Our first BF in the US. :)

Going to go to Grove City first. That's why we want to see what's the best time to get there to avoid fighting for parking (we're thinking 9am still ok?). Then after that, we'd go to Rochester to take in some sights and get settled and possibly go to a mall in the area. Stay a night in Rochester and then go to the Waterloo,NY outlet mall the next morning. More shopping for the wife.

So i got a basic plan of where we'd like to go. Well...i'm the driver, she's the shopper.

Grove City and Rochester would be a hike apart. At least 2+ hrs driving time. There are some outlets near Rochester that might be a bit better if you're going to be in that area.

The Grove City outlet will be opening at midnight. I do think it will stay busy all day. Heck finding parking their on a Saturday can be difficult, I imagine it will be crowded for the entire day BF.

I am so thinking of going to Grove City at midnight. Figure we can stay for about 3.5 hrs- then head to Erie for TRU, Target, Walmart, ect...

QUOTE]

Hey.....we're thinking the same thing, except heading for Butler instead of Erie. We only live about an hour from GC and Butler is halfway between us and them.

I went to the Carolina premium outlets (in NC) last year on BF and it was great! Most of the stores opened at midnight. We went at about 4am and it was dead. It was wonderful. The workers said it was really really busy at 12 (lines out the doors). We stayed until almost 7 and it was getting busy again. My advice is to go at about 2:30 and leave before it gets busy again. Some of the stores have SUPER deals from 12-7ish to get people to come. You might be able to find them out on the mall's website. Last year I was mailed a 40% off coupon at Haggar's and they had great deals already, so I got shirts and stuff for $6. I would definitely go again if I could. I moved to IL this summer and no outlet mall close :(

Jaime

I went to the Carolina premium outlets (in NC) last year on BF and it was great! Most of the stores opened at midnight. We went at about 4am and it was dead. It was wonderful. The workers said it was really really busy at 12 (lines out the doors). We stayed until almost 7 and it was getting busy again. My advice is to go at about 2:30 and leave before it gets busy again. Some of the stores have SUPER deals from 12-7ish to get people to come. You might be able to find them out on the mall's website. Last year I was mailed a 40% off coupon at Haggar's and they had great deals already, so I got shirts and stuff for $6. I would definitely go again if I could. I moved to IL this summer and no outlet mall close :(

Jaime

Where in IL? The Pleasant Prarie, WI Prime Outlet mall is literally just over the IL/WI border off of I-94.

The one in Michigan is opening at midnight. I've never been there on BF, are there really in special deals? They are outlets so the deals are already pretty good. Althought I'm not doing anything at midnight anyway, may as well check it out. It's only about a 30 minute drive for me.

Check out the website, some of the stores will list what they are offering. That closed the deal for me last year when I wasn't sure if I wanted to go. I love Banana Republic - the ENTIRE outlet store (including clearance) was 40% off.

That would make it worth it for us. Both my wife and I wear their clothes.

I got my Tommy Hilfiger postcard today. ...pretty much like the past years.

15% off entire purchase 11/15 through 11/28 plus one for a friend

Early Bird Specials ('til 9am Friday and Sat)

Boys & Girls Solid Polo Shirts $9.99

Women's & Men's Crewneck Sweaters $19.99

25% entire purchase of $150 or more

The fine print notes the hours of midnight to 9am although it says all stores may not open at midnight.

I was looking on the site for Grove City- which is doing the midnight opening. They had some sales for stores already listed. I'm sure many will be the same from outlet to outlet but might be worth looking at. Here's what I found on the website:

Bass Outlet

40% entire store 11/24-11/26

Early Bird 50% off entire store until 11am Fri-Sun (of course these are all BF weekend)

Geoffrey Beene

40% off entire store Fri-Sun

Early Bird Extra 10% off purchase of $10 or more to 11am Fri-Sun

Harstrings

20% off entire purchase midnight-6am 11/24 only

15% off entire purchase 6a-10am 11/24 only

10% off entire purchase rest of weekend through Sun.

Izod

Early Bird extra 15% off $50 or more purchase to 11am Fri-Sun

Van Heusen

Early Bird extra 10% off to 11am Fri-Sun

Wilson's Leather Outlet

20% off entire store until noon 11/24 only

**Seems most sales are running all weekend.

I'll be curious to hear what other specials people hear about as it gets closer. No 24 hour Walmart or anything near me, so we could be at the outlets at midnight and back to Walmart for their opening around 4, then maybe the Disney store if they do anything worth going for. Hmmmm........ shop all night, then sleep all day. Sounds like a plan :P

I searched around on here and I did not see a post about it but I went shopping at the Prime Outlets yesterday in Williamsburg and they were giving out flyers that said Midnight Sale November 23rd. From Midnight to 8 a.m. They are taking an additional 25% off everything in the store. I am planning to go and then start my other shopping from there

I always stop at the Williamsburg Outlets on my way to Norfolk and I have family in Chesterfield county. But, in the Pittsburgh area, we have the Grove City Outlets. They're having the same sale. but, it's atleast an hour away from where I live so I don't think I'll going.