Kids Christmas lists

CrayZMama80

Funny you should mention this. We did an interesting thing this year. My husband is overseas with the Army, and my family is 3 states away. So I have had to do the shopping with the kids in toe. My daughter is only 0 months old so that is no big deal. However, my son will be 4 this month.

I devised an interesting method to do the Christmas shopping. We went shopping and I told my son we were putting stuff in the cart that he wants for Christmas and then we were taking them to a special counter. The lady at the counter would scan the items and then give us a print out of everything he wants so we can write the letter to Santa and be sure to include exactly what he wants. :)

It worked perfectly. He was not upset that we did not buy anything and he is sure that Santa knows what he really wants for Christmas :)

Funny you should mention this. We did an interesting thing this year. My husband is overseas with the Army, and my family is 3 states away. So I have had to do the shopping with the kids in toe. My daughter is only 0 months old so that is no big deal. However, my son will be 4 this month.

I devised an interesting method to do the Christmas shopping. We went shopping and I told my son we were putting stuff in the cart that he wants for Christmas and then we were taking them to a special counter. The lady at the counter would scan the items and then give us a print out of everything he wants so we can write the letter to Santa and be sure to include exactly what he wants. :)

It worked perfectly. He was not upset that we did not buy anything and he is sure that Santa knows what he really wants for Christmas :)

That sounds like a cute way to do it. Congrats on the new baby also!:gdthums:

Mine tell me what they want and I write it down. It increases as time goes by. Usually starts with 10 or so items and goes from there. lol

Isn't it funny how things keep changing over and over again? Mine tend to add things to theirs also. There are times when I say.. ok one or the other.. there's a limit to what we can spend on each child. We just try to keep it fair with our 4 kids. And spend equal amounts on them all. But I love it how they keep tryin to add all the time. :D

Funny I should see this today... I got both the JCPenney and Sears toy books in the mail today and had my kids do exactly what my my mom had us do when we were little... everyone got a different colored pen and got to circle what they wanted..... It reminded me of when I was little and I loved watching them, especially when they showed me what they had circled. I even have the older one trained, she would look at something and say "that's a 100 dollars, Mommy's not gonna buy that!!!"

Funny I should see this today... I got both the JCPenney and Sears toy books in the mail today and had my kids do exactly what my my mom had us do when we were little... everyone got a different colored pen and got to circle what they wanted..... It reminded me of when I was little and I loved watching them, especially when they showed me what they had circled. I even have the older one trained, she would look at something and say "that's a 100 dollars, Mommy's not gonna buy that!!!"

the funniest thing about that is by the time Christmas was remotely close my sister and I had everything circled!! :yup:

Did you put them in LAW? I was trying to figure out why he didn't panic when you loaded them into the car...

Since my girls are 6,3, and 3 I saved up all the toy catalogs and inserts from the sunday paper. I gave them some construction paper, safety scissors, and glue sticks and told them to make a collage of the things they want Santa to bring them. I have the Sears Wishbook, Etoys, TRU, and alot of specialty catalogs. This way Santa will have no trouble knowing exactly what they want.

My husband brought home the TRU Toy Book, so I gave each kid a different set of colored smile stickers and they put them on the items they wanted. Then I took my 8 yo twins to Walmart and told them that we were going to get stuff for little boys who might not get a Christmas and to help me pick out stuff that 8 yo boys like. I told them they could only pick out the REALLY most COOL stuff, cause we couldn't get a ton of things...they had a blast! Then we put it all in layaway (won't be able to do this next year though) and they came home and told daddy all the cool things we were getting for other boys. When I was putting all the stuff in layaway, they started to think and said things like "I want that too...", I told them when we got home we'd add these to their wish lists. They thought that was a great idea. So now I've got their 'coolest' picks in layaway, and hopefully some of it will go on sale before the take-out date.

Mine are older and love to give me their list, they are allowed to put anything on it but there is no promises that they will get it. I love it though when I can get get a bargin and surprise them with an item they thought they would not get. My three year old does not even realize Christmas is coming yet. She loves to look at the sale ads and online at the toys. So I just listen to her and to what others here say is good for that age.

A friends family growing up had a cool tradition. They had a Santa's mail box and the kids would put the list inside. Then people from the family could look at the list and cross off what they picked to get that person that year and the parents could scribble Santa for things santa would get.

Thats what I will do once our kids are old enough :)

Did you put them in LAW? I was trying to figure out why he didn't panic when you loaded them into the car...

Yeah I did put it all on lay-a-way. It was the easiest way to get the stuff picked out. My husband will return home (he has been gone for 16 months now) in December, but I don't want to wait until half of the stuff is gone.

Since my girls are 6,3, and 3 I saved up all the toy catalogs and inserts from the sunday paper. I gave them some construction paper, safety scissors, and glue sticks and told them to make a collage of the things they want Santa to bring them. I have the Sears Wishbook, Etoys, TRU, and alot of specialty catalogs. This way Santa will have no trouble knowing exactly what they want.

This is EXACTLY what we do each year! :yup:

my 10 yr old nevre hardly ask for anything and the little one is satisfied with anything....but this yr they did write me a list with only 2 items on it..l.ol....the older one wrote the 4 yr olds list....the oldest one wants a ngb sp and a guitar and the baby wants a guitar and a makeup angelica...lol.......boy if only I could keep myself to only buying these 2 things and not the rest they have already I would be set...lol..

My oldest tells me what he wants every single day (only one thing) My 2nd oldest has told me a few times what he wants and my daughter sees all the girl stuff on tv and constantly tells me "Mommy I want that". no matter what kind of girl toy or thing it is. And if its unisex she tells me " its for girls and boys but I want it". Shes so funny

A friends family growing up had a cool tradition. They had a Santa's mail box and the kids would put the list inside. Then people from the family could look at the list and cross off what they picked to get that person that year and the parents could scribble Santa for things santa would get.

Thats what I will do once our kids are old enough :)

That is a cute idea!:)