When do you take the Christmas down?

Adamtanderson

I'm Jewish, but we celebrate Chr-stmas with my FIL, since my husband wasn't born Jewish. We stick to a tradition I learned from my neighbors growing up, who were Roman Catholic. We decorate the week before Chr-stmas, turn on the tree lights for the first time on Chr-stmas Eve, and leave the decorations up through Three Kings Day (Epiphany), January 6th. We even have a second smaller celebration, with shoes left out for the Three Kings to fill and a nice dinner.

Most of the time the tree comes down by December 31st. We try and have a little New Years Eve get together and we remove the tree for room.

The other decorations stay up long after December 31st. Usually by the second week of January, but the snowglobes tend to stay up most of the winter and some all year lol!

This year no tree. We gave ours away last year hoping to buy a better one last year during the after Christmas sales. We were to late. Hopefully we will get lucky this year. DH still hopes to find a nice one before Christmas.

Usually right after New Year's. My birthday is New Year's Eve and I like to have the decorations up. I would keep them up alot longer, but everyone else wants the house back to normal ( I think the house looks bare after all the decorations come down, probably because I have so much stuff and keep adding to every year.) I love Christmas!!!

Usually late on Christmas night or for sure on the 26th. I love Christmas, but when it is

over...it is over and I want my house back to normal :P

Plus I may need to make room for the great sales I plan on hitting on 12/26 :giggle:

Same here everything is down and put away by Christmas night until the next year.