When do you take the Christmas down?

Adamtanderson

March?? :sidesplit

Just kidding (sort of). I try to have the tree down by the end of January (I like my tree and the lights, I want it as long as possible). One year it came down around Valentine's Day (alot going on at the time, more important that worrying about a Christmas tree).

Usually a week after Christmas. Sometimes longer if I'm lazy because it takes so long to take the tree down. There are over 1000 lights and several hundred ornaments. The tree is one of the older fake ones that has individual branches and each one has to be removed, smushed, and crammed in the tree box.

I have some friends whose dad had an interesting use for the tree after Christmas. He'd leave it standing where it was, remove branches one at a time and burn them in the fireplace. By February there was a dead stripped tree trunk in their den.

Although I'm Catholic, I like to leave my decoration up until Orthodox Christmas, Jan 7. I keep a few items out all year. Willow Tree Nativity Scene & a Cookies for Santa plate in the dining room and a Merry Christmas candle holder in the family room.