What are your BF traditions/routines?

ShopQueen

Do you have any BF traditions?

Like for me, I always go with my mom and then usually my aunts come along and my cousin, so we can have a lot of people to divide in concur.

We usually wake up about 4 and are out of the door by 4:30 to head to the store that has what we want the most. One person drops us all off and then makes a starbucks run to get or Mocha Mojo going!When we get into the store, we get our assignments and then use walkies to relay information.

After we hit up all the stores we always go to a traditional restaurant depending on what city we're at (it alternates every years between San Marcos and Houston)

So what traditions do you have?

Our traditions are, going to bed really early. (I normally don't sleep) Get up about 12 am and out the door by 12:30. Sometimes there are 2 cars going, normally to different stores to get what we need. Then we go to the stores that we haven't hit after we get what we want at the stores with the best deals, get what we can if anything there, stop off and bring home breakfast.

Last year was funny, our youngest (son) took something to his bedroom door and made a peep hole in it so he could try to see what was picked up. Lil stinker!

Not crazy wonderful traditions, but we all still enjoy it.

I stay the night with my mom (without Zoe, very rare that we are not together) don't sleep much usually stay in the clothes I will wear the next day. Up by four out the door no later than 4:30. Shop until we drop, eat lunch somewhere. I also stay in touch with girls from my work by phone all day...we try to help each other out.

We get out pretty late compared to others, but we still have a lot of fun. I usually get to my grandmothers house around 5 or 5:30 and we head out from there. We check the ads on Thursday to see what is going to be open and what time. Most of the time we start at the mall. Sears or JC Penny and then go from there. It is usually me, my mom, grandma, aunt, and 2 cousins.

My sisters, my Best Friend, and I...plus anyone else that joins is usually out the door no later then 10:30pm for midnight sales (make have to make that a little earlier this yr. with so many retailers opening at 12:00). We do all our Midnight sales, stop for some cofee to refuel and then it is off to stand in line . We have such fun in line....we are loud, funny, and crazy.....We get everyone around us involved (makes the time go by so much faster).

My sister and I usually peruse ALL ads T-Giving day......make our lists, mark up our sales ads, etc. Then we are usually up around 4-4:30 depending on whether or not we are toing to KB Toys or not.......after KB Toys, we run by MC'd's and get breakfast and some caffeine to keep us alive until TRU and WAl-Mart open.....we usually shop until I can't take anymore (usually around 9-10 am.....then it's to my sister's and the kiddies (6 of them between the two of us....)Man I love that day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get home around 12:30 - 1 from thanksgiving dinner (my fam talks and eat all night). Check gottadeal(on parents slow dial up) to see if anything needs to be added to shopping list. Wake up at 3:30 with all intentions of leaving at 4:30. Listen to mother tell father (while cooking his breakfast so we don't have to stop.) that we will be out all day and if he is going don't want to hear anything about going home when he is bored. My room mate gets to my house and we drive an hour to durham at about 5am. Yes this is the same every year, and every major shopping trip, times adjusted, excluding trips without father.

On Thanksgiving get up around 6 or 7, look at the ads & head to Walmart & Shopko. Get any last minute stuff we need for our Thanksgiving meal & other stuff we need so we dont have to bother with it on BF. Eat our meal at supper time, get my ads togetger & list of what I want to buy. I really dont get much sleep this night. Every year, I try to get extra sleep but that never happens. Too hyped up for shopping. So get back up around 2-3am get ready & out the door by 4. Get to Walmart & find the pallets of stuff we want & wait. Get done there & go to Shopko & Target. After those stores sometimes hit the mall & then it is home. Most of the time we are home before noon. If I am not tired, I wrap presents & watch Christmas Story. teehee

I usually pickup a friend of mine up @4:30am we go to raid the ATM onelast time for the day if needed. wait in line at my first choice she just goes to help me out getting things allhershopping is done! after 2 stops we have breakfast on the run (Hardees has great breakfast sandwiches when your in rush). usually I take her home at 10am then I go back out myself to another walmart last year they still have tons of early moring blitzs left they tried to get rid of for days (new store I think is why).

go home and hide allthe stuff and find the best blanket and pillow and sleep

On Thanksgiving we always make sure to get our paper, plus all of our surrounding areas papers. After dinner my family, ( i have 5 siblings, plus our families) sit around looking through the ads. We map out the next day right then. We like the divide and conquer idea as well. My poor husband gets the babysitting duty, although I think he likes it better than shopping. I always say I'm getting to bed early and never do. After early bird deals I start getting grumpy, this year will be different =). Does this site get all of the ads including Wal-mart, Target, Toys'R'Us, Old Navy, and JC Penney early? If so, I cannot believe my good fortune.

I guess my traditions are after Thanksgiving dinner, my sister and I sit down and make out our lists and decide which store to be out first and then our plan of action after that store.

On BF morning, my sister, mom and I head out to our first location where we will wait until the doors open then we divide, get what we want, and meet back in the front of the store to head to the checkout lines. Then it's back to the car with our packages and on to the next location.

Last year we waited in line at BB, got in and out with everything we wanted in under 10 minutes and were at Target to wait in line there for the doors to open. Target took a little longer (cause the lines were longer) but I believe we still got everything we went after and were out of there in good time. We hit a few more stores after that and did pretty well, so I'm hoping this year goes just aswell.

We normally don't go out for a BF breakfast after shopping, but I think that's a tradition I'd like to start one of these years, I guess we'll have to see about that.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually get my ads and go through them 3 times before I actually make out my game plan. I participate in the holiday meal and mingle with family, of course talking about my plans for the next day are included in my mingling. Ship my kids off with my grandmother close to bed time, in their pj's. My husband going is usually a decision he will make if there is a good electronics sale for something he wants. I take a nap and then Hit it Hard around 1:30 depending in I have to make a BB or CC visit, otherwise I get up and meet with my cousins wife around 3am. My routine isnt always the same but it is close to this every year.

Im getting excited now that its November!!! :gdclap:

Go through all the ads then circle what I want and eat dinner then go to the store at midnight that has the best deals, which is usually walmart or bestbuy and sit there for 5 hours, while playing video games and watching movies on my psp. After I go to the store that has the best deals, I go to other stores that have deals that I want and see if they have it or not then I go home and sleep. :)

Thanksgiving Day, before we eat which is later in the afternoon we go to K-Mart for their sale on TDay (we have reviewed the ads a couple of times by then) . Sometimes we have even gone to a movie. Then after the food and the naps we really go over the ads and start on the list of must haves, would like, and if they still have it I'll get it but its not first on the list items.

Then we compare, this is my SIL & MIL, my hubby will point out things also. We talk about what we are after, and then the why do you want that? Sometimes giving ideas for people we may have forgotten, etc.

We discuss which stores first, then second, etc. BF morning we usually are divided into two cars, my hubby and I hit our tops picks and pick up stuff that the other two may want and visa versa. It works great. Later in the day my BIL will bring in the kids and meet us for lunch and a movie, or maybe hit the game place for the kids to play.

We really enjoy Black Friday. The people I work with think I'm nuts, but its fun.:yup:

I get the ads Thanksgiving Day (though I usually know what to expect thanks to this site!). I don't really look at them until after dinner because once I pick them up I am hooked. In the evening I spread them out on the floor and start making a list. I also compare the ads to what I have found on the net. My best friend comes over and she makes her list. We compare what we each want and where we need to go. Then we come up with our game plan. We usually try to sleep for a few hours. Oh, and I always make sure I take a shower that night so I don't have to waste that time in the morning! We hit Wawa for coffee and muffins and then on to the first store!

Our game plan is to bring our thanksgiving paper over to the parent's house for dinner, the whole family goes through 'em while I double-check the forums at GottaDeal.com :D , scarf dinner, then the wife and I prepare for the BF waiting line battle. Dunno if anyone else is waiting in line this year, but probably just gonna be the wife and I. Everyone else shops right after the stores open.

We all sit around the huge dinning room table reading the ads.

Kids running a muck with the Toys ads.

Son keeps the sports and goes back outside to check on the turkey that is being deep fried.

Eat dinner, go back to the ads and start making a list.

Go home around 4pm, take a nap until midnight.

Leave the house around 1am for wally world. 24/7 open

shop for the other things that i need. that takes about

3 hours, taking my time looking @ every spot in the store.

pay for those, take out to van.

go back in the store, have cold pepsi, then pick up other goodies

and check out a few more things.

about that time, it is ready to get the big ad things, out of there in no time.

Hate to say this. But I am done with christmas shopping and have been since Oct 2. These things are mostly for the 11 birthdays in Dec & Feb.

Go home take everything inside, wrap, put in the spare room.

Go to bed.

I have morning coffee while hubby cooks TG dinner, going over the adds. then after dinner my mom and sisters go over them. After everyone leaves I make my plan. Last yr. I was on Gottadeal at 2a.m. Everyone was leaving posts that they already left for their stores!! So I decided to leave at about 2:30 to walmart. I didnt get the laptop but I did get one of the last desktops!