New Baby Alive dolls - hot or not?

sleepyshopper

I bought the Baby Alive for my youngest. I left it in the vehicle since she wasn't with me and it was out in the garage. Well, by mistake I asked my son to go pick the girls up and I forgot all about that doll being in the back. Well she found it so they are enjoying an early present!!! So I learned my lesson to hide things better in the future.

I think it's cute, but I bought my niece the Baby Annabelle last year for $9.98 when Target went 75% off the toys after christmas. It's the one that cries real tears, so she'll be happy with that. I spoil her ;) I need to take this and a bunch of other stuff u for my sister to give her from Santa. I have another niece the same age that I don't spoil and so they are getting identical pixters from me for Christmas.

The first time I saw this doll at Wal-mart I thought it was cute,

till I squeezed it's hand or something and it started talking and

blinking and I RAN! It was beyond CREEPY! Then I heard that it

"messed" itself I was totally disgusted. Hopefully no one buys one

for my daughter for X-Mas, cuz that thing is not coming into my

house! P.S. - Sorry for the people that like it!!!

I am with you she kind of freaks me out too. :eek: I don't know...I have heard that they will be popular. I am giving in though and getting my little one the Amazing Amanda. She has asked for it two years in a row now and she doesn't ask for much so I figure I should. She has 3 things on her wishlist:Amanda, Hungary hippos, and a hide and seek care bear. I also plan to get her the FP camera but that will probably be about it besides the stocking. (that is me trying to justify the $100 for a doll):blush:

Our WalMart has the Amazing Amanda, and the other one, I can't remember her name, for 60.00 on an endcap, I just saw them the other day, so you might want to check yours. At least that would be a little savings for you.

Our WalMart has the Amazing Amanda, and the other one, I can't remember her name, for 60.00 on an endcap, I just saw them the other day, so you might want to check yours. At least that would be a little savings for you.

OH that is wonderful...I will have to check there in the morning!! $40 could cover her fp camera on bf :crossfing

Trish1298 What kind of sadistic aunt are you to buy a doll for your niece that mom said no to because she has a real baby to feed and change. the last thing that mom needs is another thing to clean up after in her house. Just remember what comes around goes around. She is your kids aunt and wants to be the favorite to HAHA :)

I'm with the crowd that thinks it's creepy, but my three year old gets excited every time she sees it. My ds (4 yrs old) keeps telling me that his sister wants it for Christmas. I'm not sure yet. I'm kindof wondering about what kindof "food" goes in its mouth.

Amy

I'm with the crowd that thinks it's creepy, but my three year old gets excited every time she sees it. My ds (4 yrs old) keeps telling me that his sister wants it for Christmas. I'm not sure yet. I'm kindof wondering about what kindof "food" goes in its mouth.

Amy

Since ours is already open... it's dried powder that you mix with water. I really don't think it's gross, it's not like it stinks or anything. I have found that regular newborn diapers work better than the special ones. I mostly let them just feed her water.

so does anyone know how easy this is to keep clean and how well they work. I would be mad to spend $50 and then it not work well

It works fine. You spoon this baby food looking stuff in it's mouth and then it comes out the other end. I think it's just a tube that goes from the mouth to the hole in her butt. I just make sure they give her plenty of water afterwards. She's not annoying. Our biggest problem is they are always wanting to feed her and I won't let them do it but once a day so that we don't go through so many diapers. I would recommend regular diapers so that the water gets absorbed instead of running out of the pretend diapers.

My WalMart still had these on Monday night when I was there. I think the replacement diapers are outrageous in price so a friend of mine whose mom works in a hospital is getting me some preemie ones. I did see some less expensive diapers for dolls at Meijers.

My WalMart still had these on Monday night when I was there. I think the replacement diapers are outrageous in price so a friend of mine whose mom works in a hospital is getting me some preemie ones. I did see some less expensive diapers for dolls at Meijers.

The ones for dolls don't absorb and hold it like real diapers do. The newborn size works fine for this doll.