New Baby Alive dolls - hot or not?

sleepyshopper

I just saw one today at Target for $39. I bought one a couple of weeks ago when Hasbro was having an online sale for 25% off everything with free shipping. I got the doll, extra pack of diapers, extra food and a traveling set all for $55 shipped.

She is actually much cuter in person. This is the ONLY doll my technolgy savy 4 year old asked for...LOL.. (So I think that should say something, she doesn't usually ask for dolls at all) I didn't find any on the shelves locally but I did buy it when it was on sale at the hasbro website. If you find one you might want to get one early and hold on to the receipt just in case.

I know you can find one or 2 at most stores around me but never more then that at any given time. I got the blonde one from Hasbro for my one dd and wanted to get either the Hispanic or African American one for my other DD and I can't find them anywhere. I think they are too cute. All my youngest keeps asking for, for Christmas is the pooping baby.

Man that looks creepy.

I am with you she kind of freaks me out too. :eek: I don't know...I have heard that they will be popular. I am giving in though and getting my little one the Amazing Amanda. She has asked for it two years in a row now and she doesn't ask for much so I figure I should. She has 3 things on her wishlist:Amanda, Hungary hippos, and a hide and seek care bear. I also plan to get her the FP camera but that will probably be about it besides the stocking. (that is me trying to justify the $100 for a doll):blush:

Wasn't that banned years ago (when we were kids! LOL) because it grew worms in the belly? Do we reeeeally need something else in the house that poops?!?!

You know I remember something like that as well, but also I think parents were letting their kids try the baby food and they were getting sick :yuck: . So they took the doll off the market. Can you tell I really wanted one of those dolls but could not have one.

I've been trying to find out if you can just use the spoon (without food on it) when she says she's hungry, that way she won't poop, or if she'll have a major malfunction if you don't actually feed her. I'm going to have enough diapers to change come May that I don't need a doll in diapers, too. lol

ETA That our walmart has these stacked to the gills on an endcap by the bike racks. ;)