When did your kids...ask if "you know who is real"

abentley

My MIL just had the "talk" with my 13 yr. old sil. up until a few days ago she still believed, and now I think her 8 yr. old bro is getting suspicious. It makes me sad because I know that one day my own son will ask these questions. But of course, i will say he does. I like all those of you who say if you don't believe he won't come or something to that extent.;) I will tell my son that when he asks. he is only 1 now. hopefully, not for many years.

my kids are 17,16,15 and 12 i told them santa is in your heart, they also know that at age 12 they no longer get gifts from santa, there are to many other children in the world to provide for, i also told them if they chose not to believe that is fine, but dont say anything to my youngest.

my kids got smart with me one year and i told them i was not buying them nothing, so they said that was fine santa will get me everything i want. yeah santa gets you everything, so i made it to where santa buys one gift per child up to age 12 and i get the rest, so be bad.

My daughter just turned 8 and I dread the day she asks. She has already heard on TV that the tooth fairy is not real... Thank goodness I was able to talk her out of believing that. :) I told her that I do not leave the money so someone has too! She went for it.

Therefore, hopefully I will have many more Christmas holidays before she becomes wise. I think I was about 11 when I found out.

My sister's oldest son talked to here about "You know who" not being real. She told him that it was his job to help them get excited and that if he told them "You Know Who" wasn't real "You Know Who" Wasn't going to bring him any presents. Think that I will do the same with my children.

DS will be 10 in DEC. and DD will be 5 in DEC., as well. Of course,dd still believes and has no reason not to, but ds I think is at least questioning whether Santa is real. He hasn't come right out and said he knows, but I suspect he does. I think maybe he is on the fence and is not saying anything for fear he won't get his 'Santa pile'. He asked a few weeks ago if Santa really brings the gifts and I asked him why he wanted to know. Of course, he has heard other kids at school and in the neighborhood saying there is no Santa,so that's why he was wondering. DD overheard us talking and got VERY upset that he was even questioning it..lol. He finally said he knows there's a Santa Claus so that she would stop crying..lol. So sweet! He said while rolling his eyes, but at least he said it.