Getting what you want tips :)

Stella72

So, do you have any tips on how to get what you want on BF? I always shop at WM on BF and since we are open 24 hours, there really isn't a "line" just more like a MOB of people standing around to get the item. So I usually make nice with the tallest person or closest person to the item. That way, I can have them reach into the boxes and get what I want :) Last year we had an assembly line of care bears going on. Thank goodness for tall people :)

i was at a wm super ctr last year w my sis. we both knew what eachother wanted so we could both contribute. we got cabbage patch kids, and leap pads, and EVERYTHING else we wanted. my sister did the diving i stayed back a ways and stood on the small counter that goes around the deli bc i was 8 months pregnant. We also made friends w the other people by us and we ALL helped each other out.

My mom and I have used the buddy system plenty of times. Like when WM puts a limit of 2 on the Game boys and the lady in front of us needed three for her three kids. My mom got another one for her and in return she helped block and tackle for us when the doors opened. It ususally pays to make a BF line friend. Sometimes it back fires but you never know unless you try.

Every year my brother and I make friends with everyone that's near us in line. We tend to bring stuff to do and everyone joins in. If you're going to be in line all night then try to network a bit and you'll definately get more of what you want.

We go with at least 2 or 3 people, and one gets in line for the major items (like gameboys or laptops), and the other 2 get in line around the doorbuster pallets. We always go to Wal-mart, and I take all the sale ads and go around and gather up all the price match items first. Then when 6 o'clock hits, we grab the doorbusters and head to the check out. By the time we're done, the person at electronics is usually done. In and out by 6:30 or so!!

I am at one pallet we cannot miss and Jaime is at the other pallet we cannot miss and we get what we need. I throw it to Jaime and run to the other pallets, cause she ain't gonna run.

It doesn't hurt my feelings any to stand with my stomach up against the pallet. I am not going to stand around and hand everyone else I don't know what they need. I get want I need, and head off to the other.

We also have a lot of family that also shops on that day, so if someone is going to wm first and the other is going to sears, we help each other.

make sure you have your ad copies with you and don't be scared to ask an associate for help if you have problems locating what you want,,,I have had managers before offer upgraded ex. tv's for the sales price because they admited the company only sent 3 or so...it pays to ask.

Make friends with others standing in line around you and develop a buddy system. They help you out and you help them out. Great system for me. I always end up getting what I want.

yes, this is so true. last year at compusa i made friends with this group of 6 guys and we talked about what we were getting and other stores and deals etc. in the store we all kind of knew what each other was looking for and one was nice enough to bring me some blank dvds after i was already in the checkout, i didn't even ask, he just knew that i was looking for them. (and no, i'm not a female).

the buddy system is the best thing for BF. especially if you have a network of people that are at multiple stores simultaneously.

the best plan is to take more than one person with you. if you are shopping at walmart have one person get a cart and stay put and the other people spread out and wait for the pallets to be opened with what you are looking for. the person with the cart just stands still and protects what is in the cart and you can run freely without all of the hassle of trying to get through tight and crowded spaces with a cart. also use the side aisles to squeak through the more crowded sections. people will let you through and it is much quicker.

Scouting the place so you know where everything will be, having buddies and getting there early are the keys.

A lot of people make the giant mistake of getting there nice and early and going "Oh crap, I want a big TV... I need a cart!" and stopping to get one. Don't. Bring a buddy to sit with whatever you want once you have them secured, then go get your cart. Multiple buddies means you can all fan out and get items for each other.

the best plan is to take more than one person with you. if you are shopping at walmart have one person get a cart and stay put and the other people spread out and wait for the pallets to be opened with what you are looking for. the person with the cart just stands still and protects what is in the cart and you can run freely without all of the hassle of trying to get through tight and crowded spaces with a cart. also use the side aisles to squeak through the more crowded sections. people will let you through and it is much quicker.

absolutely...we always split the store up between us and always get everything we want, instead of everyone trying to run around with a cart.

In our small town, we get to see a lot of people that we only see once a year. We brief each other on what we need, and then meet up in the grocery section to divy up our goods.

We have a supercenter, but on the pallets, they actually have a label that tells you what's under the black shrinkwrap, so you can find everything at about 2am, and make a strategy from there.

I always park my husband in the most wanted, first to go line, have a friend hold my place, and then go scope out the lines for other items to see if we need to adjust our plans.

No black tarps at the 24 hour Supercenter on Woodruff Rd in G'ville. Big open bins that you're not *supposed* to be able to touch until "that time". Last year they ended up letting the very early people put the stuff in our baskets but we had to stay near the bins. The $10 CP newborns, $5 carebears, $5 mermaid barbies, $10 Little People Playsets were all basically together in the same area. I had the carebears covered, mom got barbies, SIL got CP newborns, etc....We got what each other needed and got the heck up outta there!

1. Develop a buddy system - We always shop in pairs. One person stays with the shopping cart at all times - the other should be the runner.

2. Familarize yourself with items that others in your group are interested in scoring.

3. Protein/meal bars are a must. There is never time to eat healthy on BF, finding a place to sit in the food court is nearly impossible. Every year I stock up on Pro Performance Pro Crunch bars from GNC. These bars are awesome, they now have Pro Cruch Lite that will definately be my bar of choice this year.

1. Develop a buddy system - We always shop in pairs. One person stays with the shopping cart at all times - the other should be the runner.

2. Familarize yourself with items that others in your group are interested in scoring.

3. Protein/meal bars are a must. There is never time to eat healthy on BF, finding a place to sit in the food court is nearly impossible. Every year I stock up on Pro Performance Pro Crunch bars from GNC. These bars are awesome, they now have Pro Cruch Lite that will definately be my bar of choice this year.

we always go to breakfast at Denny's or Eat-n- Park b4 we start our shopping experience that way everyone is full and we develop our plans for where we are going when we are done at walmart:yup: