>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

We got ours yesterday at Target!:D they had 3 in stock. So my family's valentines day was in front of the TV playing sports- it was great!:yup: To bad we couldnt get any extra contollers they were sold out. :no: Next weekend hopefully we will all have our own!

If you want an extra remote go buy Wii Play. Its a game that comes with a remote for $10 more. The game is actually 9 small games. But worth the $10 more to get the remote. It came out Monday and both our Targets have it in stoick today.

check it out

http://wii.nintendo.com/software_wiiplay.jsp

Thanks for the tip about the new Wii play. I will be going to target again tonight and I will check for this. Thanks again.

I went to so many places that were sold out-Kmart,game stop, EB and Target. We finally found the Wii play and extra controllers at Toys R us. They had a lot of stock. Every place else had nothing. No controllers or Wii play's and they were not expecting any anytime soon. Thank you toys R us!!!

My right arm is so sore :)

Target and Toys R Us both have the WII advertised in their flyer today, Sunday March 4th. My local Target got 16 WII's and the my local Toys R Us got 21 WII's. Target had a waiting line at 8:00am and sold out right away. Toys R Us still had 4 WII's left at 3:00 this afternoon. It seems the WII's are getting a little easier to find. I live in Onalaska WI

My local Sam's Club, Onalaska WI got 44 units last night. One person came this morning and purchased all 44. The club told me that they can not limit quantities. That seems unfair.

That's frustrating for sure...my son who works was off last night, but just IM'd and said there are still 8 left at his store.

I picked one up at my local Sams Club last night. They still had 3 more in the cage behind the service desk after mine. I was very surprised to see them. The manager said they are selling them as fast as they get them. I didn't get to mess with it much after it did it's update and such but what I played of the bowling game was pretty cool.

• 1 month later...
I found a Wii Console today at my Target in Union, NJ :cheesy: It was a totally random stop (I had returns to make) and I got the last one. I'm so excited since we promised this to my son for his birthday. If anyone is in NJ, the Watchung Target said they are expecting to get some in on Sunday. (I called because my girlfriend is also looking and I was hoping they had them in stock now)

I found a Wii Console today at my Target in Union, NJ :cheesy: It was a totally random stop (I had returns to make) and I got the last one. I'm so excited since we promised this to my son for his birthday. If anyone is in NJ, the Watchung Target said they are expecting to get some in on Sunday. (I called because my girlfriend is also looking and I was hoping they had them in stock now)

It looks like the shortage may be over soon. Went in my local Target on Sunday afternoon for a clearance hunt and to try to get a copy of Wii Play, since it was in the ad (I've checked once a week since it was released and they have yet to have it in stock), and there were 3-4 Wii's in the case with the games. This was after 1 in the afternoon. Of course, Wii Play was sold out though. (I know you can get Wii Play online, but I'm not in *that* big of a rush for it, rather just pick it up in the store one of these weeks. It'll be the last remote I'll need lol.)

For those in Northern VA area-- Costco at Potomac Mills grand opening on May 5th. They will have Wiis. I don't know how many, but I think it is a bundle with a game (not sure). A family member works there & stocked them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...