>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

A friend who works at Walmart in the electronics dept told me that 30 Wii's were shipped to Walmart on Tuesday (11/28). The manager is holding them and they will not be sold til Dec. 6th. Walmart is now going to make everyone wait in line at midnight in the cold for something they already have. What a great marketing scheme to get people into the stores.

Okay, just scored my second Wii (wii-haw!) Console only over at amazon What you need to do is do a search for "wii console". It will come up as not available. Keep that page up and refresh every minute or two

I think in order to avoid the fiasco created by the release date and them taking more orders then they had units (not to mention Target hanging their rear ends out to dry) they are putting them up a couple at a time.

It says estimated ship date tomorrow.

Now this is console only not those annoying bundles which are popping up in between consoles.:cheesy:

Okay, just scored my second Wii (wii-haw!) Console only over at amazon What you need to do is do a search for "wii console". It will come up as not available. Keep that page up and refresh every minute or two

I think in order to avoid the fiasco created by the release date and them taking more orders then they had units (not to mention Target hanging their rear ends out to dry) they are putting them up a couple at a time.

Now this is console only not those annoying bundles which are popping up in between consoles.:cheesy:

Well how screwy is all of this!!! I originally ordered the Amazon bundle and they cancelled on ME last week. They gave me $50 in free stuff for another order and said that they would hold a Wii for me to ship THIS week.

I responded back and haven't heard squat.

DH called Target and they said they have "alot" but couldn't say how many...

The employees must be having some fun with this.:yup:

So I guess we will be going to Target on Sunday.:cheesy:

Thank you! Just did what you said and gots me one!

I passed on so many bundles before this, and had no interest waiting in lines.

Woo hoo! I'm tickled you could get one. Even sitting here at the computer hitting refresh for a couple of hours beats standing in line at a store with a bunch of crazed wii-seekers lol

My mother always told me patience pays off, it did this time at least lol :D

Ok why is everyone so desperate for one of those classic controllers? What are they for? I thought the Wii came with one and does anyone know where to get one? Why do I feel like I am in another panic to get one of these before Christmas?

The classic controllers come in handy if you play gamecube games on the Wii. But if you have a gamecube controller, that will plug into it too.

You can also turn the Wiimote sideways and use it as a regular controller.

Ok why is everyone so desperate for one of those classic controllers? What are they for? I thought the Wii came with one and does anyone know where to get one? Why do I feel like I am in another panic to get one of these before Christmas?

they are used to play the downloaded virtual console games. It plugs into the back of the wii remote. You can also use a gamecube controller plugged into the wii console itself instead of the classic controller.

how long did you have to keep refreshing before you got a console?

and how much did you end up paying for it?

thanks.

Took me about 5 minutes because I saw on the Amazon Wii Board that someone just scored a bundle and seeing that I figured I might be able to just get the unit. So I tihnk I probably got the first stand alone unit. I requested 2nd day air of $8 with a delivery date of 12/5 so my total was $258.97

Which was cheaper then I could of bought it here if I was able to score the few coming in Wed. with tax and gas.

It works! I scored a Wii for my son. It took me less than two minutes of reloading. And with the Prime free trial membership shipping was only 3.99 for a 12/5 delivery. Thank you so much! Now I get to sleep Sunday instead of standing in line for an hour and hoping to get one.

It's not just the classic controllers that are hard to come by. It's ALL the Wii controllers. Remember the system comes with ONE controller and it doesn't come with the nunchuk. If you want to play a multi person game .. you are SOL.

I was lucky and scored 2 of the Wii controllers from Walmart the day the system was released and I have yet to find them anywhere else after that date. I guess I'll be hitting Walmart again on the 6th to see if they got in any more accessories.

And I'm looking for the classic controllers too cause I'd much rather pay $10 for an older downloaded game than $50 for a brand new one.

When I type in Wii Console at Amazon.com, I get a link that says "new & used from $532.00" and when I click on the link it shows different sellers selling them.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks everyone!

Okay, I clocked on the actual picture of the console and got the page that sys they are OOS. I will try refreshing this page.

Thanks for the heads up everyone!

The system comes with one wiimote (remote) and one numchuk. The Walmart Electronics Manger told me that their shipments of extra pieces will arrive with the Wii shipment. So whether they will be put on the shelves before Wed. is unknown, but I would suspect they will be put on Wed. as well.

Took me about 5 minutes because I saw on the Amazon Wii Board that someone just scored a bundle and seeing that I figured I might be able to just get the unit. So I tihnk I probably got the first stand alone unit. I requested 2nd day air of $8 with a delivery date of 12/5 so my total was $258.97

Which was cheaper then I could of bought it here if I was able to score the few coming in Wed. with tax and gas.

I did it for over a hour last night and nothing. Tried this morning and nothing.

I checked TRU and scored a bundle on there.

I imagine they will process the existing orders and reevaluate stock on hand and then offer more as they become available. They had a fiasco with the bundle preorder and the opening day unit only order so they are proceeding carefully after ticking off so many customers lol

So just be patient and keep refreshing - it will change from the high priced private sellers to an Amazon order when it becomes available.

I don't want to spend alot of money on a bundle so I'll keep refreshing!

I felt that way at first, but after refreshing for a total of 2.5 hrs it got old fast.

In the end you will spend that much if you buy the games. Most of the games are 49.99 each.

I did the bundle deal with the 360 too. And my son loves it and now he will have his wii. He didn't want the PS3.

Guest JeepMom

Mine is stuck in transit because of the snow storm. If it makes it to my town we can go an pick it up ourselves, BUT it has to make it here first.

I hope we can get it today or tomorrow!

They have ALWAYS been up at TRU but you can not put them in your cart. THEY HAVE NOT been in stock, they are on back order!

I ordered mine today from TRU. I received an email with my order number. I also received an email with detail order info and telling me where to track my purchase at.

Tracker never had it showing up.

Rumor has it some stores (Circuit City) have a new shipment but they aren't authorized to sell them until this Sunday 12/3. I called two local CC's and they confirmed this rumor, YMMV of course. I'll probably wake up early this Sunday and get there 30 minutes before the store opens.

If you haven't already I would sign up for our Nintendo Wii pre-order notification.

I ordered mine today from TRU. I received an email with my order number. I also received an email with detail order info and telling me where to track my purchase at.

Tracker never had it showing up.

Can I order a console without the large bundle?