>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

I'm glad I was dorky enough to sit outside EB and get a preorder. I honestly didn't think anyone would have any problems finding these once they came out, I was just being extra extra careful since the Wii is the ONLY thing my 10 yr old has talked about for at least a year(remember when it was called the revolution? He does).

OK...to all the people that said...There will be plenty of Wii's for Christmas...can we hit them now????:yup:

So now what? If Amazon gave me the Jan. 3rd date should I cancel? Will they stick to that or revise it?

What to do...:rolleyes:

The system has only been out for 3 days, relax. You're also better of checking around your local area's retailers than online. Didn't someone on here post up yesterday or so about his/her Costco having about 22 of them sitting there? Keep calling them up, and if not this week, there's always next week.

OK...so where are you going to stand in line for the Wii on BF???:eyepoppin

I tried to avoid this but now I have no choice.:yuck:

I feel the same way, I have a friend that will probably going to walmart (since that will be the craziest but she has to do some shopping anyways) and is going to get one and call me if she does, so i can go buy it. I am prob. gonna go to the mall and check out EB, though i may have better luck going to GS since it is a different store, since the mall will prob. be friggin' crazy as hell.

I'm glad I was dorky enough to sit outside EB and get a preorder. I honestly didn't think anyone would have any problems finding these once they came out, I was just being extra extra careful since the Wii is the ONLY thing my 10 yr old has talked about for at least a year(remember when it was called the revolution? He does).

Yes, I remember the first name being "revolution" too thanks to my 10 year old serious gamer. I didn't sit in line to get one last week as I read all kinds of articles saying that there will be plenty available before Christmas, now I'm panicking..................

I think I'm going to order an XBOX 360 just in case I can't find a Wii before Christmas - in fact, most of the really good games for the Wii (Mario) don't come out until March 2007.

ToysRUs.com has a special on Wii games. Buy three select games, save $30. An additional coupon for spending $150 will take off another $30. If buying just the three video games you'll need to spend an additional 3 cents to reach the $150 mark. The coupon code is TRU_Soz9NTaoQJ . Save an additional $10 if using Google Checkout. The total for the three games would be $79.97, with $6.54 more for shipping. Not a bad "bundle" price! :)

Buy 3 select Wii games and Save $30! http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2525534&siteID=NKa3hZyYoHA-6DdA17WeVnOOLlQoincBKw

HOW IT WORKS

To participate, add any 3 select Wii games to your cart.

The "select games" are SpongeBob: Creature from the Krusty Krab; Avatar: The Last Airbender; Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz; Trauma Center: Second Opinion; Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam; Marvel Ultimate Alliance; Call of Duty 3; and Metal Slug Anthology

Here's a link to the "select games":

http://www.toysrus.com/searchHandler/index.jsp?searchId=2551840&type=trigger&promoId=2551840

Seriously folks, there's more than a month before Christmas, and Nintendo has said that they plan on selling 1 million+ more before December even! (there were ~2 million sold when it was initially released. They're really not going to be that difficult to get. This sunday would be a good morning to look around B&M shops for one. Most stores will be getting weekly deliveries at least.

I got mine thru Circuit City online. I didn't expect it. The best part was, CC has a bundle and you can delete everything except the wii and an extra controller. Got it for under $289.98, no tax, plus free shipping:D. I went back to read up on it and it was 'SOLD OUT'. Just the right timing.

Circuitcity.com has $5 off many of its Nintendo Wii accessories:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Wii-Accessories/sem/rpsm/catOid/-16761/N/20012841+20016484+20016761/link/ref/rpem/ccd/categorylist.do

Some of the items are currently out of stock online but can be picked up at the store, while others are in stock and only available online.

Examples are the Wii remote for $34.99 (reg. $39.99). It is available online: http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Nintendo-Wii-Remote/sem/rpsm/oid/165800/catOid/-16761/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Free shipping on all orders $24 and up.

There will be alot less then a million hitting the stores since they are replacing loads of them due to fatal errors online.

This is the BIG reason why I'm going to wait on the Wii until next year - I hate to buy the first generation of any new system, they always have problems.

The system has only been out for 3 days, relax. You're also better of checking around your local area's retailers than online. Didn't someone on here post up yesterday or so about his/her Costco having about 22 of them sitting there? Keep calling them up, and if not this week, there's always next week.

I live in the Dallas MetroPlex...There isn't one thing on the shelf anywhere, except games.

My area will be hard to find one.

How come circuit city won't let me put 2 2000 point wii point cards in my shopping cart? I want to qualify for free shipping. Anyone know the cheapest place to get wii points?

How do you use google checkout?

You can purchase the wii points through the console once its set up on your network. They are 20.00 for the 2000 points if you buy it on the console itself. You also can buy 3000, and 4000 amounts.

From what I've been hearing from stores, it sounds like the next big shipment will be for sale on Sunday. I've heard this form Walmart, and several best buys. Jus thtought I'd mention it.

Hubby has been calling around for me (:tongue1: ) and some stores admitted to "sitting on the wii system" for Black Friday.:yup: So that is true.

However they did comfirm the next big shipment is Sunday.

So if you go to a Black Friday sale and they open the doors, do you like rush the electronics department if you want the Wii or what? I can see just a mad dash for the PS3 and Wii and that's just not cool. Is that what goes on at these sales? I think I'll stake out a Target on Sunday morning for that big shipment.

No that is not what goes on anymore...used too. They hand out line tickets now. So guess what...have to be at the front of the line, as per # of units they have.

Call the store you want to stake out. Best Buy here told us that they will be handing out there tickets at 4AM this year.:tired:

No that is not what goes on anymore...used too. They hand out line tickets now. So guess what...have to be at the front of the line, as per # of units they have.

Call the store you want to stake out. Best Buy here told us that they will be handing out there tickets at 4AM this year.:tired:

If you're planning on going tonight to wait in line, then I suggest going before midnight to catch up with the other people who will be going to wait for the doorbuster deals. The ticketed items don't make it far in the line, so you'll want to be one of the first few there.

Will ToysRus have the Wii tomorrow, I drove by most stores in twon and BestBuy already has 30+ people, so do all the other except ToysRus which is somewhat hidden, so if they are going to have it, I will wait outside ToysRus tonight.

I just got back from Best Buy and over 100 people in line (tents, chairs, heaters in full swing). On my way home, I went by TRU, no one there. Not sure if TRU will have the Wii systems. I was there a few days ago and 5 systems of Wii were available. They don't seem to be flying off the shelves here

I have had long talks to squeeze out some info and this is what i have found out.

-Toys R US has told me that they have at least 50 that will be on sale at 5:00 on Black Friday

-Best Buy has told me that they will have 42 on sale on This coming Sunday so they can put them in the ads

-Eb games / Gamestop will have them avaliable on Black Friday

-Circuit City told me that they have no clue

-Micro center said no wii get an Xbox 360 for a $100 dollars off

-Cost co will have them at 9:30 i think on Black Friday

-Sam's said that they may have some on Black Friday, not sure

-Wal-mart told me the same as sams, but they also said they have been getting steady shipments of like 5-10 a couple times a week mixed with random products.

Hope this helps you guys out a little

BTW - Houston Texas