>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

I called and asked about the bundle, I told the lady this and she was like "yea, you're right".

Someone said on the PS3 thread ppl are able to return games because it's not invoiced as a bundle, but individual items.

LOL!!! Well, at least Walmart agrees it's being greedy - that's too funny!!! :D

I wonder if taking the games back would work???? In fact, I think I remember now someone saying that even though they bought the Wii bundle, most of the games were backordered and they just received the Wii and one game that was in stock and were invoiced only for what they actually received.

Ok i really hated to post this question on here becasue it is so detailed bt i cant find my answer any where else.I got the WII for my son ,now:does it come with memory to save games or do i need the SD card?HOw do i connect to the interent?I have DSL but no router?Will i also need a wireless card?The WII points card used to download games to play can i use my comp to download the games or do i have to connect WII to router to go online to download the games?Ok last question do you have to have the CLassic controller to play the old games and use the new WII remote to play the new WII games or can some of the old games use the WII remote?Ok thxs for ur help.Whewwwwww.:g_shrug: :g_shrug: :g_shrug::banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Most of your questions can be answered accurately here: http://wii.nintendo.com

Well, this was the first video game console I had ever camped out for, and might I say, it was well worth it! I had pre-ordered one at FYE in mid-September because I had won $250 the night before playing bingo, so I didn't want the money to "burn a hole in my pocket". I went on with my life, counting down the days to release, until the Thursday before release. That night, I received a call from FYE saying that they had were not going to receive ANY Wii consoles at launch, and were unsure if they were even going to get any by Christmas time!!! :gdcensored: Needless to say, I won't be going back to FYE for a long, long time. Anyway, I decided to camp out for one, so my fiancee and I made a few calls on Friday night to find out how many consoles each store was going to have. We ended up going to Target, got in line (#9 out of a possible 39 units) at 3:30 p.m. and camped there until they handed out vouchers at 7 a.m. The temperature got down to 29 degrees that night :gdfrozen:, and even though I couldn't sleep, I got my "bundle" at 8 a.m.:

Wii Console

1 Extra Remote

1 Extra Nunchuk

2000 Points Card

Legend of Zelda: Twighlight Princess

Rayman: Raving Rabbids

Red Steel

$20 Target Giftcard (free with purchase of 3 games)

More to come...

Originally Posted by Deal Grabber

Ok i really hated to post this question on here becasue it is so detailed bt i cant find my answer any where else.I got the WII for my son ,now:does it come with memory to save games or do i need the SD card?HOw do i connect to the interent?I have DSL but no router?Will i also need a wireless card?The WII points card used to download games to play can i use my comp to download the games or do i have to connect WII to router to go online to download the games?Ok last question do you have to have the CLassic controller to play the old games and use the new WII remote to play the new WII games or can some of the old games use the WII remote?Ok thxs for ur help.Whewwwwww.

Just in case you haven't gone to the website yet, I will answer those questions to the best of my ability:

1. Does it come with memory to save games or do I need the SD card?

1a. It comes with 512 MB of memory to begin with. If you plan on buying a lot of the old Nintendo/Sega games to put on the system and/or you are going to have a lot of save files on the memory, I would definitely recommend getting an SD memory card. Since it seems that quite a few places are going to have good BF sales on the memory cards, I would say it wouldn't hurt to have one just in case.

2. How do I connect to the internet?

2a. If you have a wireless router, you should have no problem connecting to the internet, as the system comes with its own wireless card. Otherwise, you will either have to buy a USB to Ethernet adapter, which Nintendo has made, although I haven't seen any. What I have done, since I can't find one, is just buy a wireless router and connect the Wii to the internet that way. As of right now, though, you will be unable to access the Weather Channel, News Channel, or Internet Browser that comes with the Wii, as they have not finished developing them yet. You can find more information on dates on the Nintendo website.

3. Do you have to have the Classic Controller to play the old games?

3a. I have wondered this when they first announced the plans for the Virtual Console (which is what they call the old games). As far as I know, the Nintendo games can be played by moving the remote on it's side to simulate a Nintendo controller. Some of the Super Nintendo games can be played with the Remote, but other than that, you will either need the Classic Controller or a Gamecube controller to play the other ones.

Technically, they could have a card on thier PC that connects the DSL. Granted most people have an external modem connected to a router, but not all.

Ok now i really feel dumb.When i got DSL this little box came with it that i plugged my comp into and the phone line.Is that the wired router?If it is,is that all i need to hook up the Wii to?And how does the WII hook up to it?

Oh ok i think i got it now.Thanks so much for all your help guys/gals.Last question i promise.The Wii has a wireless card and i get a wireless router exactly what makes it work?Meaning i havent exactly understood how the computer or WII knows its hooked up?ANyone understand what im asking?Like how is the wireless(meaning no wires) router communicating with the componet its suppose to be used for?

Has anyone that ordered the wii from JC Penney heard anything yet??

I just recieved an email that my request for shipping to be removed was granted..:gdthums: Here is what I emailed them:

Comments: I just placed this order a short time ago, I forgot to

place my Code for free shipping

* ONMYLIST *

Would you be able to fix this for me ?

Here is what they emailed me back :

It'sallinside ... JCPenney stores, .com, and catalog

Thank you for contacting us online.

We have been able to make the change you requested to your

jcpenney.com online order. Your order total is now $267.49.

Factory Ship

Expected Ship Date

12/4/2006

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=internet&message.id=2729

Hope its okay to post this link. Seems to be a defect in some of the wii's and you get a fatal error. According to the Nintendo' forum you have to call for replacement unit or send in and wait for repairs.

WOW!!!!! That stinks I hope when I get mine it works OK!!!! I guess all systems are not affected.

My Wii died after about 3 hours of playing it....so sad.

My wife was playing and it just turned off and would not turn back on. Luckily I was able to test with another AC adapter to confirm that was the problem.

2 Notes:

1. I first called gamestop, there response was that if I did not buy the extended warranty from them then they can't help and I cannot return it.....

2. I then called Nintendo, it took a few tries to get through to a person, the first few times it just said all reps were busy and to try later.

Once I got the rep on the phone he was totally helpful, and offered me 3 chooses:

1. they will overnight a new AC adapter

2. they will overnight a new Wii, just the console

3. they will send a return label and I send in the whole thing for free repair.

I choose option 1, he said it will take a day or two to be shipped, but it will be mailed overnight.

That was yesterday so I don't have it yet, but I was happy with Nintendo's customer service...and disappointed by Gamestop.

Guest JeepMom

My Wii died after about 3 hours of playing it....so sad.

My wife was playing and it just turned off and would not turn back on. Luckily I was able to test with another AC adapter to confirm that was the problem.

2 Notes:

1. I first called gamestop, there response was that if I did not buy the extended warranty from them then they can't help and I cannot return it.....

2. I then called Nintendo, it took a few tries to get through to a person, the first few times it just said all reps were busy and to try later.

Once I got the rep on the phone he was totally helpful, and offered me 3 chooses:

1. they will overnight a new AC adapter

2. they will overnight a new Wii, just the console

3. they will send a return label and I send in the whole thing for free repair.

I choose option 1, he said it will take a day or two to be shipped, but it will be mailed overnight.

That was yesterday so I don't have it yet, but I was happy with Nintendo's customer service...and disappointed by Gamestop.

Game stop is only friendly to their utrla cool geeky gamer friends. I've been in that store three times and I have NO intent of EVER going back to that store. It doesn't supprise me.

Glad to har Nintendo is helping you out though!

I haven't opened mine yet (it is a present for DS). I bought it at TRU and they told me:

1. return it with a receipt within 45 days of purchase if there are any problems -- they'll replace it or give a store credit. I bought it on 11/19 so that means I have til 12/31 if there are problems.

2. after the 45 days it is Nintendo warranty.

I sure hope mine is OK. :tired:

I have wireless internet - are you saying I will need to plug it into the phone socket as well??? My tv room where this will go (if I get it) is one of the few rooms without a phone socket................

No, it's just like having a laptop with a wireless card. When I hooked up my router, I started to setup my Wii to connect to the internet, and just like that, it automatically detected my router! Just a warning though, the system update takes a little while, so be patient!

Oh ok i think i got it now.Thanks so much for all your help guys/gals.Last question i promise.The Wii has a wireless card and i get a wireless router exactly what makes it work?Meaning i havent exactly understood how the computer or WII knows its hooked up?ANyone understand what im asking?Like how is the wireless(meaning no wires) router communicating with the componet its suppose to be used for?

You have to go into the Wii menu to setup the card to search for a router, and it should automatically detect your router. The only problems you might have will be if you have a password for the network, if you have more than one wireless connection in the house, or if the network is encrypted. Otherwise, you should have no trouble.