Anyone ever go shopping Alone??

JoannR

I live in alabama, my son who is 18 this year usually goes with me, he loves to shop and watch all the people too. The only problem is I can't buy for him that day and miss great deals for him. Last year I had to go it alone but got to talk and meet all types of people, it's so fun to swap BF stories while waiting in line. Always run into someone I know or should I say hide because I'm lucky if I've brushed my hair and many of my friends come dressed to the hills. Good luck to us all on BF

I would NEVER go by myself.

Reasons-

1. Getting trampled and having no one to help you up.

2.Carrying several bags to the car

3.Having to stand by yourself in the midmorning

4.Forgetting something on your list that your friend would probably would have remembered and its 12:02pm...end of doorbusters YIKES:eek:

Thats all i can think of as now.

Always go alone! My DD was born in 200 as well, a Marchie. But as they sleep, I shop! I wouldn't have it any other way. Why do I have wait for someone else?? I go when & where I need to, as I need/want to. Most times I've shopped & come home and they're all still sleeping :gdsleep3:

Go alone - you won't be the only one. Just don't drink coffee to keep warm or stay awake if there's nobody to hold your place in line while you take a potty break at the local gas station. You can go and stand in line all night an have someone meet you 1/2 hr b4 they open - that person can help you grab up all your goodies b4 everything in the store gets picked over, then they can get you a nice spot in the checkout line while you finish shopping. I was among the first 10 into BB, but had to wait 3 hours in the checkout line cuz I didn't have anyone with me. Have fun!

It's THE only way I do it! lol DH is the type of person that walks slower than a turtle all the while browsing the store. There is no way in heck I'd take him or he'd even want to go with me. He loves the $$$ we save but still thinks I'm a bit nuts. He knew I was a little nutty before he married me so it's too late. :P I'm not the kind of person to go shopping all day or browse around. I like to know what I'm going in for, get it and move on to the next store or errand I need to get done. Plus I just naturally walk fast and Lon (DH) walks s l o w. I'm just happy he likes to stay home on BF and lets (and trusts) me to make the decisions on what to buy or not to.

I'm getting too excited just thinking about all of this! WoW I think there should be a support group for the die hard Black Friday Shoppers! :cheesy:

I'm getting too excited just thinking about all of this! WoW I think there should be a support group for the die hard Black Friday Shoppers! :cheesy:

tell me about it my friend is like is that all your gonna talk about for the next month is black friday ( shes the one that usually goes with me) but in the end she sure likes me telling her about all the deals thats why this year i said im going alone. I hate when people talk s#it to me about black friday:gdparanoid: :yup:

I used to go alone, them my mom started joining in, then my dad joined us and last year my 12 yo was up at 4am and out the door to kb toys with me. We're almost a big enough group now to split up and grab and the great deals.

I am new here and wanted to say HI!!!!

I actually do all my shopping alone at Xmas time. My friends are working usually on BF or else they are not into it as I am and will not get up at 3 am as I do.

I did finally get a friend of my to try it once and now she LOVES to go with me! It works great because she has all her shopping done basiclly she goes only to really help me out with getting things and being in line.

She is a total trooper for freezing outside with me , we live in WI:eek: and it gets rather cold.

2 years ago game boy SPs were really cheap at Bestbuy and we stood out side for 2 hours. I do home daycare and one of the kids dad was a manager so he saved me 2 they were gameboysps with 2 games, for under 100.00.

anyhow she stood there to help me out.

doing it alone is rather fun, really. I think the Xmas spirit thats all around you makes it not matter much at all.

I have always gone alone. I have never been the only person in line and usually make several "friends" while waiting in line. During the wait the people in line usually develop a strategy of who wants what and who will go what direction.

It is easier for me to go alone and just get what I need and leave without having to wait on someone else.

Heather

who can't wait for BF this year! :cheesy:

Last year I went with my husband, not my girlfriend.... I don't think that they get it!! But I met several people at walmart, before the 6am unveiling. We all helped each other out. I got three of one thing, and the others did the same. None of us had to choose which doll or toy to get our daughters!!! But it is WAY more fun to go with a friend!!!

I orginally went solo the first few years, but last year year I had one of my students (senior/male) wanted to go camp out for a laptop for college so it worked out great. We were 7th/8th in line at CC and not only did we get our laptops, but he had a guy offer him $50 for his slip that he got for a desktop computer. He was gonna just give it to someone once the store opened, but instead sold the slip and helped pay for his computer.

I think he's planning on going again this year! :)

I always go with a friend but last year she ticked me off some of her other friends came and waited in the car to stay warm while I froze my butt off and she decided to join them and left me there alone and to top it off it was the coldest day of the year and when they were warm they came right back in line I already told her this year I was going alone :yup: :yup: :yup:

Did they try to jump up in line with you once they got out of the car? Cause that would have peed me off! :gdgirlfight3ol:

If anything, one should have come out and asked you if you wanted to get in the car for awhile while they held the spot.

I have been going BF shopping for years by myself and prefer it that way! I can go where I want, when I want and stay as long as I want.

Like others mentioned, there are always people to chat with in line nearby and you learn their strategies as well.

I circle all the items I am interested in seeing the day before with a large black marker and try to put them in order of the stops I’ll make. I leave them in the car and take only the ad with me for that store (unless I’m price matching).

I bring fruit and bottled water in the car to eat/drink between stops. I don’t bring a chair since I can’t really return to my vehicle. I try to dress in layers so that if I am overheated, I can wear fewer layers at the next stop. I don’t like carrying a big bulky coat so depending on the length of time in the line, I might not take it. I live in north Florida, so it’s not terribly cold. The rain is usually the problem, so I have a collapsible umbrella and will just put it in my purse.

I do take out all unnecessary credit cards, frequent shopper cards, and other purse stuff so that I am not too overloaded and can carry my purchases adequately.