>>> Official Previous BF Pricematching Experience Thread <<<

Brad

TRU actually stated on the front page or back page of their ad that they would not be pricing matching. I had to give them credit for that ..

A fews years I was checking out at Target and asked about pricematching. The cashier didn't know, so she grabbed the manager and asked him. He looked at me and said "no price matching on BF". I ended up leaving everything that I was going to purchase behind .. I was so po'd.

There must be something about the my local WMs and price matching - they don't do it at all - ever (3 of them within 25 mi any direction from my home). Wish they would, because it would be so much easier.

We avoided TRU and Target last year because they didn't PM. Instead, I saved a bunch of those $ off TRU coupons and went shopping before and after Black Friday. (After BF they were trying to get rid of all the merchandise they didn't sell because people didn't go there.) Plus, I scored 3 of the Amex Wishlist certificates for TRU, so my deals were even better. ($ off + Wishlist cert = almost free)

I have price matched at Walmart on previous Black Friday years. You must have the sale paper from the other store with you. In fact, I try to go to Walmart first, with all my sale papers, a list from the other stores, and I try to get a lot of it done at Walmart.

Forget about pricematching at Circuit City on BF.

I was in the customer service line at Circuit City on BF to get a price adjustment on something I had purchased at CC a few days before. I asked if I could get a PM on BF. The guy said let me look at your ads. Then he pointed to the competitor's ad in the fine print that said that they had limited quantities. He proceeded to say that CC DOES NOT PM to competitor's with items in limited quantities.

Walmart will PM on BF, as others have mentioned. However, when I tried last BF they didn't carry any of the DVDs I wanted. So if the have the item, no problem. However, their selection is slim of the hot items.

Last year I pricematched a lot of DVD's and CD's at a Super Walmart. This worked out well as I went to the store and found those that I was after that wasn't on their early morning sales and had my cart ready to go for the early morning bash then I darted to the checkout and was out of there in a few minutes. Many of the items were not only pricematched already but were cheaper however there were some that I needed the ads for. I was out the door out in the parking lot and gone by 5:15 to get to the next store for opening time. It worked out really well.

Uh, on the Walmart pm issue - I wouldn't call a particular store - I'd call corporate office - early, like NOW, and ask if it is up to each store. I don't believe that it is. I'd then ask if they would kindly e-mail me the corporate policy on PMing so that I could print it to shove under a manager's nose if they aren't playing by the corporate rules. Just me!

My Walmart allowed me to price match BF items that I had on layaway last year. The only catch (other than the lines), was that you had to match during the times the items were on sale. Which could be a problem if a store does early birds and night owl specials but it is well worth it. I ended up getting over $100 off my lawaway by price matching from the time I put the stuff on layaway to the time I picked it all up.

Not here. Last year all our WalMarts had an awesome system. Each cashier had a chain with a ring at the end hung from somewhere above the register. They had every ad you could dream of hung from that ring. You simply told them from which store you wanted a PM and they flipped through their ring of ads and found it. Of course I had my own ads to back it up, but I thought that was a very smart thing for WalMart to do.

I wanted to Pricematch something at BestBuy. Found out that customer service was closed and won't open till noon. I didn't feel like going there again after staying up all night and feeling crappy most of the day. I think they'll be doing the same thing this year. As a matter of fact every year.

Edit: Now that I remember, I tried to do the "return/rebuy" method more than pricematching which obviously didn't work because those deals ended at noon.

I thought you could PM during checkout if you have the competitors ad with you?

I thought so too. But the cashier said that customer service won't be opening untill 12. maybe he was f****** with me or everyone who wanted to PM for that matter. and I wanted to return/rebuy anyway so I didn't bother wasting my time.

My best price matching story is from about 4-5 years ago. This was when Toys r us was still PM'ing. My kids were all little, so TRU was pretty much it for me. I got all the ads, made my list, cross referenced the ads with the TRU prices vs. Kaybee, WM, etc.

I had Barbies, GI Joes, Barbie clothing, action heros, wrestlers, video games- seriously, my list was 2 pages long and my cart was overflowing. I waited in line, and when I got up there with my binder, the guy looked like he was going to cry. Every single item I had was going to be pricematched. He went with the first couple of items, then said "Tell you what. You hand me the item, and tell me how much". I did have some questionable items in there- for instance, Barbie clothes that weren't exactly pictured in the ad, GI Joes that I wasn't sure about...but as I tried to explain each one, he said "I told you. Just tell me how much you are going to pay". So I did.:shock:

Now it was awhile ago, but I still have that receipt someplace. The TRU total was something like 697.00. I spent a little under 200.00. I always buy too much for the kids, but this year was over the top. I saved alot of it until the next year, and had birthdays, relatives birthdays, and friends birthdays covered for the entire year.

I was hoping for the same luck the next year, but I got some anal little beeyotch- I rightfully argued with her about some of the stuff she wasn't allowing, and eventually she cried and had her manager take over- lol.

I am a bad person. I make Toys R Us cashiers cry on BF.:blush:

My best price matching story is from about 4-5 years ago. This was when Toys r us was still PM'ing. My kids were all little, so TRU was pretty much it for me. I got all the ads, made my list, cross referenced the ads with the TRU prices vs. Kaybee, WM, etc.

I had Barbies, GI Joes, Barbie clothing, action heros, wrestlers, video games- seriously, my list was 2 pages long and my cart was overflowing. I waited in line, and when I got up there with my binder, the guy looked like he was going to cry. Every single item I had was going to be pricematched. He went with the first couple of items, then said "Tell you what. You hand me the item, and tell me how much". I did have some questionable items in there- for instance, Barbie clothes that weren't exactly pictured in the ad, GI Joes that I wasn't sure about...but as I tried to explain each one, he said "I told you. Just tell me how much you are going to pay". So I did.:shock:

Now it was awhile ago, but I still have that receipt someplace. The TRU total was something like 697.00. I spent a little under 200.00. I always buy too much for the kids, but this year was over the top. I saved alot of it until the next year, and had birthdays, relatives birthdays, and friends birthdays covered for the entire year.

I was hoping for the same luck the next year, but I got some anal little beeyotch- I rightfully argued with her about some of the stuff she wasn't allowing, and eventually she cried and had her manager take over- lol.

I am a bad person. I make Toys R Us cashiers cry on BF.:blush:

:gdclap:

A shopper after my own heart!!! Sounds like me!!!!

Last year hubby and I were in line, he turned to me and "honey, I have bail money for you, should you need it!" I shot him a look.... then the hubby in front of us busted out laughing...LOL I was embarrassed at first, but then thought ...THAT'S RIGHT:smirk: ...I am such a beeyotch...on BF...:giggle:..I am using the Binder technique!! I am so anal when it comes to organizing, and mixed with my scrapbooking talents...of geesh...LOL look out!!!:sidesplit

Plus, I scored 3 of the Amex Wishlist certificates for TRU, so my deals were even better. ($ off + Wishlist cert = almost free)

what is an Amex wishlist certificate and how does one acquire one? CHEAP is the name of the game more than ever this year!

ok guys, I am new to this whole BF, I am trying to be brave and try it this year. So how would this BF price match work? Do you shop for stuff day before and the go to the different (same) store on BF and ask to price match on that item?

ok guys, I am new to this whole BF, I am trying to be brave and try it this year. So how would this BF price match work? Do you shop for stuff day before and the go to the different (same) store on BF and ask to price match on that item?

No. You buy what you want at Walmart- stuff that you see advertised at other stores for a cheaper price. For example- you see a Bratz doll advertised at KB Toys for cheaper than Walmart has it. You bring the doll and the ad from KB to the register, and they give you the KB price. You can do that with anything that Walmart has- that another place has cheaper.:D

My favorite place to PM is our Military exchange. They price match everything plus its tax free Plus they give $20 gift card to the first 100 in the door and 10% off any one item coupons for the first 2 hours. Its always my first stop. Now if Walmart starts their blitz at midnight this year I'll be in HEAVEN since I can hit both