>>> Official Previous BF Pricematching Experience Thread <<<

Brad

I have price matched for the past several years at Meijers. I laid the items out at check out with the ad on top and the cashier did not even check to see if I had the ads. I just told her what the price should be. I purchased movies, toys and accessories for video game consoles.

walmart in my area will not price match on friday, but takes the adds out of the paper, and lowers their price to meet that price.

especially on electronics, dvds, expensive children electronics.

but i still went other places

i get tired of wal mart

I did last year. Kmart had advertised a game and it was not in stock AT ALL.. so i took the add to Sears and they gave me the advertised price PLUS 10% off! I got this great game.. originally $50 for about $5 bucks.. so i got two! That was my best Black Friday deal ever!

I know the WM and CC also price match. I bought some items last year at WM on BF and the cashier adjusted the price w/out a manager's approval.

Will you match someone else's price?

Best Buy has both in-store and online price matching policies. These policies vary from each other. Please see details below.

Online prices and selection generally match those in our stores, but may vary. Prices and offers are subject to change.

Store Price Guarantee

Two more great reasons to buy with confidence. If you're about to buy and discover a lower price than ours, let us know and we'll match that price on the spot. Already bought? We'll refund you the price difference, plus an additional 10% of that difference — up to 30 days after your purchase (14 days on desktop computers, notebooks, projectors, monitors, printers, camcorders, digital cameras and radar detectors). In either case, simply bring in proof of the price on the same available brand and model, from a local retail competitor. Exclusions apply. For full details, see our store price guarantee.

*In California, excludes cellular, digital and PCS phones and pagers.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=page&contentId=1043363603262&id=cat12098

FYI .. Just noticed on Best Buy's BF ad it states:

"Best Buy's price match policy does not apply to items in this ad and is not valid on prior purchases."

I guess Best Buy is definitely out of the price match picture for this year --and-- it appears they will not refund the difference if you purchased the same item within the last 30 days.

:(

I think the first part is saying that if someone else has an item in their ad cheaper they won't price match. It's not saying that the price match policy is not valid over the dates of the add like TRUs ad states. The problem with BB and PM is if they make you go to the customer service counter or if they will do it at the register cause the customer service counter isn't normally open during their door buster time frame.

The cashiers at the Wal-Mart I went to last year had a metal ring with EVERY ad imaginable attached so the store employee could just flip through to the ad you wanted pricematched. These were hanging at every register and I loved it!

That happened at my local Walmart last year. this year I'm heading to BB while the wife goes to WM, I already asked the manager of BB if they will be Pricematching this year to other ads and he said yes.

I have 3 WalMarts within a 30 mile drive and 2 of them have said they will only pricematch local stores as well.....which in my small town consists of Radio Shack on the BF ad list :(

I decided to call the 30 minute away one though and they said they would pricematch so I'm makin the drive:yup:

I do have a question I was hoping someone would be able to help me with though. We don't get any of the big time papers which carry the ads. It sounds like most of the WalMart have competitors ads already - which is smart. Do you think if I printed the ads off and took those instead of the actual ads they would be alright with that?

I think I'm going to try calling just incase.

I spoke with a team member from Walmart and was told they would price match. And I also ask if the item was on layaway if I would then get it for the sale price. They told me no, but if I bought it and brought the reciept in then they would give me the difference. SO I am going shopping this weekend and buying the things from the ads I want and then will take the sale ads in to get my difference.:cheesy:

A note to anyone attempting to pricematch at Best Buy:

Best Buy will not price match any other competitor's Black Friday ad items on Black Friday.

Best Buy will also not price match their own sale prices. If you buy something before Black Friday and it is cheaper on Black Friday, they will not match the lower price.

On our local news this morning, they talked about walmart doing some sale flyers online only to be put up on Thanksgivining and that Target officials have announced will price match some High $$ items.

So Best Buys has stopped and Target has started price matching it seems.

Called 2 WMs and 1 BB yesterday. Both WM managers acted like they barely knew what I was talking about and of course they would price match on Friday...why wouldn't they? The BB said definitely not, even on low ticket stuff like DVDs (which was really all I cared about).

Sears - I price matched a microwave earlier this year that was offered at a much lower advertised price at homedepot.com. Sears took my copy of my printout, and a manager had to sign off due to the amount, but ultimately no problems and saved an extra 10%.

Circuit City - I price matched a radar detector earlier this year that was advertised at a lower price at Sears. Again, they took the advert and matched the price, but it has to be done in the customer service department.

I have 3 WalMarts within a 30 mile drive and 2 of them have said they will only pricematch local stores as well.....which in my small town consists of Radio Shack on the BF ad list :(

I decided to call the 30 minute away one though and they said they would pricematch so I'm makin the drive:yup:

I do have a question I was hoping someone would be able to help me with though. We don't get any of the big time papers which carry the ads. It sounds like most of the WalMart have competitors ads already - which is smart. Do you think if I printed the ads off and took those instead of the actual ads they would be alright with that?

I think I'm going to try calling just incase.

As you drive to the neighboring town, buy one of their papers with all the ads and then you will have them.