Anyone buying furniture on BF? (merged)

RossMAN

I'm guessing furniture could probably be the last stop of the day, since you'd have to go home and clear out your other purchases anyway.

Is there really going to be a rush at the furniture store to be one of the lucky 10 people to buy that oak table for half price? Maybe. I certainly wouldn't know :)

Years ago I worked in furniture retail ... unless things have changed GREATLY ... it's a VERY slow time of year....

There's a bump in dining room stuff over Veteran's day - in prep for Thanksgiving...

Then for Christmas... only very specific things would sell..

Rocking Chairs

Recliners

Hope Chests

Gun Cabinets .....

That's about it ... I could see how entertainment centers might be added to it - now that "console" TV's aren't the norm....

We're looking for a nice recliner, but that will probably just happen when the local furniture place has a good sale. They aren't really known for their BF sales, but they have decent stuff during the last couple of weeks of each fiscal quarter.

• 1 month later...

I've scoured the ads to find any couches/loveseats/chairs for BF, however, I have found nothing...I'm looking to replace an uncomfortable and old leather set. Our baby is do soon, and we wanted to upgrade some things before things get too expensive...

Any and all help is appreciated!

FYI we live in vegas and prefer to shop locally or at least be able to see the furniture in person!

Hi

I just got my first apartment and Was looking to fill it up with some furniture... Anybody see any furniture deals on any ADS for blackfriday? I remember seeing a bar table with stools but I scanned every ad and cant see it again.. any of you notice anything?