HOME DEPOT Black Friday discussion thread

Brad

I went to HD tonight and they did not have any TVs out but the guy said they sold some

42" HDTV Plasma Magnavox yesterday for $1499. He said they were not supposed to and would not be putting them back out until BF and said they might be cheaper than that on BF.

Where is the "List of Sale Items" for Home Depot?:confused: With all the other site's logos all over the ad, I don't think I could get a decent printout of it with my black & white printer-- and besides, the list is much easier to deal with anyway!

Mods-- any idea when the list of items might be posted??

Where is the "List of Sale Items" for Home Depot?:confused: With all the other site's logos all over the ad, I don't think I could get a decent printout of it with my black & white printer-- and besides, the list is much easier to deal with anyway!

Mods-- any idea when the list of items might be posted??

Look under the thread at the top of the forums page that says "ad scans"

Look under the thread at the top of the forums page that says "ad scans"

I've seen the ad scan for HD... but when I look at the "Sale Ads" page where the lists of items at each store are, it skips from Harbor Freight to Ikea!:( If anyone has seen the actual list, could you please post a link to it?:confused:

I've seen the ad scan for HD... but when I look at the "Sale Ads" page where the lists of items at each store are, it skips from Harbor Freight to Ikea!:( If anyone has seen the actual list, could you please post a link to it?:confused:

Pls, check your messages, I just sent you a pm, List is not up yet, just adscan

Just came back from HD... They had 6 Magnavox plasma 42"

Model 42MF231D on upper shelves. Nobody could tell me more about them.

Cant find the 42" model on their site either. HMMM, wonder if that wl be one for their items.

I work at HD. We've had the 42" plasma since Labor Day in our store, it's $1499. Don't think it's going down for BF, but I could be wrong. We also got in a different 42" model and a 50" model, I know that 50" plasma is $1999, not sure about the 2nd 42" model. All are Magnavox.

We have a 32" coming for BF, actually all stores have it already but not all have theirs out. Corporate sent a memo down that it was manager choice as to whether they'd put their BF stuff out early or not - I know some stores in my area already have some of theirs out. My store does not. The store closest to mine is already out of the 32" TV flat screen (it's $478) and they sent someone over to my store today to get one, but ours are still on a pallet in Receiving.

We actually got quite a few electronics this year, as strange as it seems. We have a projection Tv for $999 that is pretty cool.

Yes, the TVs actually started arriving at the stores on Tuesday, some as late as today depending on what part of the country you are in.

We've had the 42" Magnavox in my store since Labor Day. We got the 50" last week. We've had them set up and playing movies ever since. They only one we haven't set out is the 32" that's in the BF ad. I am at a store in Fort Worth, Texas

Just a word of advice. Check over the rebate form they give you carefully. I know of at least three people personally that got something from Home Depot that was supposed to have a rebate and they were given the incorrect paperwork. Of course no one bothered to tell them this until after the rebate time had expired so it couldn't be corrected and calls to corporate yielded nothing. Just wanted to give y'all a heads up. I don't want anyone to be disappointed. :)

Can anyone tell me what the difference between the DeWalt 18-Volt Compact Drill/Driver Kit for $209 on page 3 & the DeWalt 18-Volt 3/8" Compact Drill/Driver Kit for $99 on page 29 is?? Besides the free 18 volt flouresent light & the price. The specs they give on both are different. They both seem to come with 2 batteries & the charger but other then that I am lost. :confused: I cannot find anything on the 2 pages they are on that says one is for BF only & that is why one is $99 or if they are really 2 different drills. Am I just missing something?? TIA for any info, it is very much appreciated. :)

Brand is Element Electronics, which is supposedly rebadged Polaroid or Mag. I picked up 3 last night and came to $382 each for me after using 20% off coupon. :D

Is this TV brand any good? I don't remember seeing any TV's out on display at our HD and don't want to go stand in line/buy something just because the price is low :)

Can anyone tell me what the difference between the DeWalt 18-Volt Compact Drill/Driver Kit for $209 on page 3 & the DeWalt 18-Volt 3/8" Compact Drill/Driver Kit for $99 on page 29 is?? Besides the free 18 volt flouresent light & the price. The specs they give on both are different. They both seem to come with 2 batteries & the charger but other then that I am lost. :confused: I cannot find anything on the 2 pages they are on that says one is for BF only & that is why one is $99 or if they are really 2 different drills. Am I just missing something?? TIA for any info, it is very much appreciated. :)

The one on the 3rd page is a reagularly stocked item, the second one isn't. The first has a 1/2" chuck with 450 in-lb of torque. The second has a 3/8" chuck with I think around 300 in-lbs of torque. Also the first one with the light was a special buy from last month so it could be tough to find in certain areas, normally just the drill is $209.

I was in my Home Depot on Saturday and asked if I bought something today and it went on sale Friday, if I would get the difference... She said of course. So I bought the Gorilla ladder for $99 and will bring the receipt back in on Friday during the sale time and get the difference back. I made sure to write down the person name when I asked. Has anyone tried this before with Home Depot?

The one on the 3rd page is a reagularly stocked item, the second one isn't. The first has a 1/2" chuck with 450 in-lb of torque. The second has a 3/8" chuck with I think around 300 in-lbs of torque. Also the first one with the light was a special buy from last month so it could be tough to find in certain areas, normally just the drill is $209.

Thank you so much for clearing that up for me. I figured I was missing something. :D

I was in my Home Depot on Saturday and asked if I bought something today and it went on sale Friday, if I would get the difference... She said of course. So I bought the Gorilla ladder for $99 and will bring the receipt back in on Friday during the sale time and get the difference back. I made sure to write down the person name when I asked. Has anyone tried this before with Home Depot?

I want to get that ladder too. In the shopping list it says it's 13 inches. That was a typo, right? Does anyone have this ladder and how do they like it?

Is this TV brand any good? I don't remember seeing any TV's out on display at our HD and don't want to go stand in line/buy something just because the price is low :)

I have been using this TV for about 3 days now (granted as a computer monitor) and it's ok. The standard cable picture is ok too, for the price. There is a noticeable difference in quality of one of these vs. a Sony of course, but it makes a great bedroom or 2nd TV.

From my experience as a manufacturers rep who calls on a large amount of Home Depots, they seem to have a woefully short supply of most of the good items. If I remember correctly from last year alot of the items are mistakenly put on the sales floor early by inept HD employees and are actually sold out before BF. Because I know alot of the prices of items in the dept. that I work with, I can tell you that alot of the items listed in the sale ad are everyday prices with a few deals sprinkled throughout.

I know I sound jaded and bitter, but dealing with such a poorly run company(Home Depot) on a daily basis for work has made me this way. Fortunately Lowe's also sells a good deal of my company's products, so I refer people there whenever possible.