GottaDEAL 2024 Prize Club Discussion Thread

Brad

On 5/26/2024 at 1:49 PM, tinkrbel said:

I FEEL this one in my bones. Comcast has been a hot mess since they claimed a router change was needed a couple years ago now. Consistently disconnecting etc, making us go over AT&T data almost monthly and resulting in SUPER slooooooooow service, making streaming to avoid the extra $10 box fee ridiculous and making long distance sketchy with no idea if internet will pick up to give me driving directions. I'm starting to wonder if it's our older extenders but also so overwhelmed with life that trying to find suitable replacements is not really happening. ALSO....I think they sent another equipment upgrade email a while ago, where this could be months to going on a year. Plus looking at bills, they're back up to $254. Starting to wonder if it's time to cut them off but then my mom watches and records all her food network shows etc so I'd feel bad.

Holy crap! I was ticked cuz Earthlink was giving us continual cost increases. Went fro from 29$ to 65$ with 3 of those increases in the past year. (DSL unlimted eveything)

Went round and round trying to get a different provider and ended up with Verizon 5G. So far, very pleased. (Dealt with the local Verizon store (( not our cell provider) but so far, so good. $50/month…..

(We had Comcast BRIEFLY a long time ago. No FIOS here)

Good luck

ps if anyone wants an unused Earthlink router, its yours for postage

• Agree 1

Finally getting some time off work in July and it can’t get here soon enough.  I’ve had only one day of scheduled PTO since Christmas due to various work issues but it’s finally my time.  Off for 3 days this week and then in two weeks I’ll be dipping my toes in the sand of the emerald coast.  Woohoo!

• Like 5

July already... Where does the time go??? 

Planning on seeing four fireworks shows this week, weather-permitting. Locally, Kensington Metropark is doing their display tomorrow night - always a solid show. Wednesday night, I'm taking a slightly longer road trip north to Frankenmuth for their show. Thursday will be a "game-time decision" as far as where I go because Mother Nature is not necessarily going to play nice for where I was originally planning on going, so I'm looking at alternative spots in case weather messes up "Plan A" (finding other fireworks shows on the 4th? Impossible! LOL). Friday, I'm headed to the "Salute to America" event at The Henry Ford, just a short 15 minute (give or take) drive from home. 

That said, my kitty Mew has not been feeling her best and I believe it is due to a rather large increase in her thyroid meds over the past month and a half or so. Going to be discussing this with her vet today. She's not wanting to eat at all now, which can be a symptom of taking her thyroid levels too low. It's one thing to increase meds initially to bring things back into a normal range quickly (fight the fire!) but I don't think we're at the "sweet spot" for her maintenance dosage at the moment. She seems fine otherwise but, as 16.5 years old, no telling how much longer we've got. 

I have been in perpetual "upgrade" mode at work since last fall.  This past weekend was the culmination of the final system's update and I can finally relax a little bit.  What a crazy ride that has been.  I love my job, but this kind of project work takes a toll.  

DS13 (whose birthday was in June, everyone is a teenager now 😢) has a tournament in Ann Arbor later this month, and then wants to go fishing on a Great Lake.  I'm trying to find a decent Airbnb or VRBO that's actually on a beach somewhere for a week or so.  Most stuff is booked and I'm not really finding much.  My initial plan was just to camp somewhere, but my mother has decided to go with us and she doesn't camp, so there went that idea.  

Meanwhile, summer is flying by and I need time to just slow down for a minute.  6 more weeks before the boys go back to school and I don't even want to think about it.  

• Like 1

Good day, I hope everyone is having a good summer!

2 hours ago, wittenlover said:

July already... Where does the time go??? 

Planning on seeing four fireworks shows this week, weather-permitting. Locally, Kensington Metropark is doing their display tomorrow night - always a solid show. Wednesday night, I'm taking a slightly longer road trip north to Frankenmuth for their show. Thursday will be a "game-time decision" as far as where I go because Mother Nature is not necessarily going to play nice for where I was originally planning on going, so I'm looking at alternative spots in case weather messes up "Plan A" (finding other fireworks shows on the 4th? Impossible! LOL). Friday, I'm headed to the "Salute to America" event at The Henry Ford, just a short 15 minute (give or take) drive from home. 

That said, my kitty Mew has not been feeling her best and I believe it is due to a rather large increase in her thyroid meds over the past month and a half or so. Going to be discussing this with her vet today. She's not wanting to eat at all now, which can be a symptom of taking her thyroid levels too low. It's one thing to increase meds initially to bring things back into a normal range quickly (fight the fire!) but I don't think we're at the "sweet spot" for her maintenance dosage at the moment. She seems fine otherwise but, as 16.5 years old, no telling how much longer we've got. 

I hope kitty gets fixed up!