2023 Retail Industry Discussion Thread

Brad

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2023 at 7:22 PM, Kanyon71 said:

I’ve relied less and less on Amazon the past few years. I’ve grown tired of having to return so much stuff because it’s garbage with what appears to be 15,000 fake reviews.

This is because some companies send out a free product or sample , some even send Amazon credits ,if tou write. Good review 

• Like 1

I literally just got off of a Disney Cruise yesterday. Having a toy store onboard is actually brilliant. Especially on the longer cruises of 7 days or more, you can actually get a little bored. You have alot of parents with disposable income on cruises....this just makes sense.

On 10/26/2023 at 5:29 AM, Hubbalance said:

I miss BBB. Online isn't the same as wandering the aisles and finding cool and unique items for gifts.

Me too, my husband and I would walk through the store and find cool gadgets. Only time I could get him to shop with me,  lol.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 10:25 AM, rwking75 said:

I literally just got off of a Disney Cruise yesterday. Having a toy store onboard is actually brilliant. Especially on the longer cruises of 7 days or more, you can actually get a little bored. You have alot of parents with disposable income on cruises....this just makes sense.

My parents always returned from cruises and trips with gifts for the grandkids, so I think that will also work out for ToysRUs.

On 10/16/2023 at 8:19 PM, mgreen said:

OK talking about the retail industry....do you all think these organized retail theft rings will impact what retailers do for Black Friday?

I think they will have fewer good deals to try to make up the lost income. They may have less inventory...especially in the areas most prone to the theft rings.