Convince Me I Need to Buy....

Dylansmommy

I've often thought of buying a Cricut too but I don't need it for anything. Plus I don't have a crafty bone in my body. In elementary school our teacher would give us a project to do and would hold up an example. I would try to make mine look exactly like hers but it didn't even resemble it in any way, shape or form! lol

I guess I would need convinced to buy an air fryer. I've thought about them before but I don't want it taking up space on my counter when my oven does a good job.

They do take up space and that is a downside, but once you taste the difference of fries in the oven vs fries cooked in the air fryer you will make room for that sucker!  

Also pizza rolls in the air fryer cook up nice and crunchy on the outside without bursting apart as they do in the oven.

Convince me to buy anything...........go

Edited by connieh
  • Like 1

When air fryers first came out, I wanted one.  My husband laughed and said I'd use it a couple of times and that was it.  I use it all the time.  I have a Ninja, and I keep it on my counter in the corner.  I don't think it takes up too much space.  I love it!

I've been curious about a cricut too.  I'm also not a crafy person, so I don't know if I'd use it.

My thing is a Kitchen Aid mixer.  I don't cook, probably wouldn't use it, but I think it would look pretty on my counter! lol  Maybe it would give me inspiration to learn how to bake???  

• Like 2

I thought this would be a fun thread for people on the fence about buying things they're not sure they want or need.

I'll start - a cricut. I'm not a crafty person. I'm not sure what all it does, so convince me I need one!

I was not a crafty person at all when I got mine but now I love it. It is definitely a good side hustle. Especially this time of year.

When I got mine my friend showed me how to use it but now I’m showing her. Lol

You will love it

• Like 1

I've often thought of buying a Cricut too but I don't need it for anything. Plus I don't have a crafty bone in my body. In elementary school our teacher would give us a project to do and would hold up an example. I would try to make mine look exactly like hers but it didn't even resemble it in any way, shape or form! lol

I guess I would need convinced to buy an air fryer. I've thought about them before but I don't want it taking up space on my counter when my oven does a good job.

Ong air fryers are amazing. Everything tastes so much better. Fries, pizza rolls, corn dogs. Baked potatoes.It’s amazing!There are also a ton of recipes for stuff to make.

It does take up space but once you get one you won’t regret it!!!!

When air fryers first came out, I wanted one. My husband laughed and said I'd use it a couple of times and that was it. I use it all the time. I have a Ninja, and I keep it on my counter in the corner. I don't think it takes up too much space. I love it!

I've been curious about a cricut too. I'm also not a crafy person, so I don't know if I'd use it.

My thing is a Kitchen Aid mixer. I don't cook, probably wouldn't use it, but I think it would look pretty on my counter! lol Maybe it would give me inspiration to learn how to bake???

Kitchenaids are powerhouse mixers!!!! And yes, they look nice sitting out in display with all the different color choices they have… I finally bought one about 10 years ago… my mom has two… I love it!!!! It’s very heavy so moving it a lot is not ideal… I don’t use it often but I am glad that I have it when I do use it because mixing a cake, cookies or whatever is a breeze…

Now convince me to by a portable kitchen island… I don’t have a lot of counter space and would like a permanent place to sit my kitchenaid mixer (and other items)…

I agree.  I absolutely love my air fryer.  Talk about amazing.  My son uses it constantly to make chicken.  I use it for bacon.  SO much less mess!

They do take up space and that is a downside, but once you taste the difference of fries in the oven vs fries cooked in the air fryer you will make room for that sucker!  

Also pizza rolls in the air fryer cook up nice and crunchy on the outside without bursting apart as they do in the oven.

Convince me to buy anything...........go

Get one!  Once you use it you will never microwave food again!  Leftovers, especially pizza, are so much better in the air fryer.  And if you make frozen things like chicken strips, chicken patties, pizza rolls... they cook so much quicker in the air fryer than in an oven, because it doesn't need to preheat.  I used to occasionally fry in oil chicken patties to make chicken sandwiches (my guilty pleasure), I make them in the air fryer and they are just as good.  I have seen so many videos, you can make anything in an air fryer!  Unlike the oven, it doesn't heat up your kitchen when you cook.  

Mine from last BF is still in the box...

So is mine!!!! I keep telling myself to jump in but it hasn't happened yet, lol.

If you have teen boys, get the air fryer. Chicken nuggets are a must after school snack.

I'm on the fence about a new car. They are sooooo expensive but a hybrid would double my mileage and my trade in value is decent....

What air fryer do y'all recommend?

My 19 year old daughter told me recently that she thought everyone had a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer in their kitchen when she was younger, kind of like most people have toasters.  I guess we use ours quite a bit?  They are also good for things like mashed potatoes and meatloaf if that helps.  

My 19 year old daughter told me recently that she thought everyone had a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer in their kitchen when she was younger, kind of like most people have toasters. I guess we use ours quite a bit? They are also good for things like mashed potatoes and meatloaf if that helps.

I have a ninja foodi and love it is is a instapot and air fryer combo. I love it but don’t use the instapot as much as I thought I would so I would just go with the ninja air fryer itself.

• Like 1

So is mine!!!! I keep telling myself to jump in but it hasn't happened yet, lol.

If you have teen boys, get the air fryer. Chicken nuggets are a must after school snack.

I'm on the fence about a new car. They are sooooo expensive but a hybrid would double my mileage and my trade in value is decent....

Cars are expensive. If your car is getting older and you still have a decent trade in value, consider how much the trade in value is apt to go down and with gas prices how much you will save on gas. Consider the new safety features your current car may lack over the new ones you are considering. Have you outgrown your current car? As the kids get older the car seems more cramped. Is reliability an issue? Then consider that new car smell and the cool  factor. lol

• Like 1

My 19 year old daughter told me recently that she thought everyone had a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer in their kitchen when she was younger, kind of like most people have toasters.  I guess we use ours quite a bit?  They are also good for things like mashed potatoes and meatloaf if that helps.

I’m looking at the Ninja Air Fryer Max XL right now. It has great reviews and made some “best of” lists I googled. I had a Power XL for my first one but didn’t experiment too much with it. I then got a Cuisinart fryer/oven combo that had great reviews but I’m not too happy with the toast function on it which is the main reason why I got a combo one since my countertop space is so limited. The air fryer part works pretty well though.

• Like 1

Kitchenaids are powerhouse mixers!!!! And yes, they look nice sitting out in display with all the different color choices they have… I finally bought one about 10 years ago… my mom has two… I love it!!!! It’s very heavy so moving it a lot is not ideal… I don’t use it often but I am glad that I have it when I do use it because mixing a cake, cookies or whatever is a breeze…

Now convince me to by a portable kitchen island… I don’t have a lot of counter space and would like a permanent place to sit my kitchenaid mixer (and other items)…

You definitely should get an island.  It would give you more prep space and storage.  

• Like 2

I thought this would be a fun thread for people on the fence about buying things they're not sure they want or need.

I'll start - a cricut.  I'm not a crafty person.  I'm not sure what all it does, so convince me I need one!  

I know I want a cricut. I used my daughters and made letters for cups that I bought at a 90% discount now I have some really cute Christmas gifts. 

Edited by mjbateman

I'll start - a cricut. I'm not a crafty person. I'm not sure what all it does, so convince me I need one!

I’ve had mine for a few years now. I’ve made so many things; home decor, personalized clothing, gifts, memorial items. There is a learning curve but you don’t have to jump in doing everything at first.

I have actually had people pay for me to make things.

I asked for and received an air fryer as a birthday present two years ago. Now, my family can’t imagine life without it; truly a great addition in any kitchen. You can cook so many things and it’s easy for kids to use as well. I now want to purchase a dual basket air fryer so we can do two things at the same time.

I'll start - a cricut.  I'm not a crafty person.  I'm not sure what all it does, so convince me I need one!  

My Cricut is a bit older of a machine (think the first bigger version of a Cricut) so it doesn’t do all the stuff that the newer fancy ones do, but I have been eyeballing a new one myself. You can do t-shirts, mugs, home deco, tons of stuff with the machines now.  They cut a lot of different materials too.  I use mine for scrapbooking, card making and I love to make party decorations with it too.  Once you start playing around with one you are hooked!!!  LOL!

I don’t have a lot of space on my counter for appliances either, but a portable island is a terrific thing to have to add space.  My KitchenAid sits on my counter but I have a portable island, that I actually don’t move around, and the toaster oven sits on it.  I tried the KitchenAid on it, but when I had it turned up on high mixing speed it shock the island like crazy…lol…. So find a good sturdy one and you will LOVE the extra space.

Ok, now convince me that a new Ninja Air Fryer Oven is a good idea. I’ve got a Ninja Pressure Cooker/Air Fryer and I’ve got a toaster oven.    I wouldn’t get rid of the Ninja pressure cooker/air fryer because I actually bought it for the pressure cooker part, we just ended up using the air fryer a bunch.  So, I’m debating if I actually want to pay that much for for one.  What are the pros and cons of this combo appliance?

• Like 1

I didn't want to dedicate counter space to my air fryer - now I can't imagine not having it. I was also on the "but I have an oven" but it heats everything quicker - from warm up time to actual cook time. I use it mainly to cook frozen items - yes, chicken nuggets are amazing in it and reheating frozen egg rolls is a dream (it crisps if it was originally fried in oil!) 

I want a cricut, I just don't know if I'll craft enough with it. I need a "rent a cricut for the holidays" program.

I want a cricut, I just don't know if I'll craft enough with it. I need a "rent a cricut for the holidays" program.

Try local libraries. The system my son works for has a Cricuit, 3d printer and a laser printer in their “maker lab”. There’s also a maker co-op in the city that rents that kind of stuff.

• Like 1

Does anyone have any suggestions on which Cricut to buy or which store is going to have the best deal?

I think that really depends on what you want to do with it and your needs. They have them at all different price points. On their high end ones you get a bigger cutting area, faster speeds, more cutting force, more materials supported, the maker 3 either comes with more tools or supports more tools (not sure which it is)

So personally I don't think I'd use a cricut much, so I've not put much thought into those.

BUT... today I discovered there is such thing as a tufting machine, where I can make my own rugs!

AND... New Egg has a laser cutter on sale.

So those both have piqued my interest now. I think I'd use both of those. Maybe.

I have a Kitchenaid stand mixer, and I don't regret that purchase at all. I am able to keep it under the cabinet out of the way so that helps.

Now the air fryer... bleh. I actually don't love it, neither does my mom. My daughter loves hers though. Guess me and mama are just set in our ways! I don't like how fries turn out at all. And everything just kinda seems cumbersome to me. But probably because I have to relearn how to use it every time. I did make some yummy Brussel sprouts once. But it was a lot of trouble for something only I eat. I want to love and use it though!

• Like 1

So personally I don't think I'd use a cricut much, so I've not put much thought into those.

BUT... today I discovered there is such thing as a tufting machine, where I can make my own rugs!

AND... New Egg has a laser cutter on sale.

So those both have piqued my interest now. I think I'd use both of those. Maybe.

I have a Kitchenaid stand mixer, and I don't regret that purchase at all. I am able to keep it under the cabinet out of the way so that helps.

Now the air fryer... bleh. I actually don't love it, neither does my mom. My daughter loves hers though. Guess me and mama are just set in our ways! I don't like how fries turn out at all. And everything just kinda seems cumbersome to me. But probably because I have to relearn how to use it every time. I did make some yummy Brussel sprouts once. But it was a lot of trouble for something only I eat. I want to love and use it though!

Ohh, rugs, how cool! noidontneedonenoidontneedonerepeat

Have a couple of small loom made rugs I made long ago but dont own a loom either. Have made several latchhooks for gifts.

• Like 1