Walmart BF ads tonight?

Brad

That's what I am thinking. The way we normally do Black Friday planning money wise is by paying all the bills up for the month at the end of October/first week of November. I then take and save work checks for the rest of the month for Black Friday (week of Thanksgiving). Looks like I am going to have to go with a retailer who is doing it closer to the end of the month like normal instead of Walmart.
  • Like 3

That's what I am thinking. The way we normally do Black Friday planning money wise is by paying all the bills up for the month at the end of October/first week of November. I then take and save work checks for the rest of the month for Black Friday (week of Thanksgiving). Looks like I am going to have to go with a retailer who is doing it closer to the end of the month like normal instead of Walmart.

Never thought to do it this way....

Come on Walmart. They are killing me with suspense. I hope the wait is worth it.

I kind of wonder if they will release it after the sale Oct. 26th.  I wouldn't have even known about it if not looking at TVs.  There was a TV priced at 398.00 and under that price it said 198.00 Oct. 26. It is a sale for plus members only.  I don't know if it is a one day sale or what but I am hoping that they release the ad after this sale ends.  

• Like 4

I kind of wonder if they will release it after the sale Oct. 26th. I wouldn't have even known about it if not looking at TVs. There was a TV priced at 398.00 and under that price it said 198.00 Oct. 26. It is a sale for plus members only. I don't know if it is a one day sale or what but I am hoping that they release the ad after this sale ends.

I really hope so because they are not giving us much time before the sale that starts the 7th.

• Like 1

I am such a planner that this is really getting me out of my comfort zone!! Too close to November 7th to really appreciate the level of analysis I normally do for this event!

yes I totally agree. I need to look at the ad multiple times and make a list or I should say list’s because it will change multiple times
  • Like 1

Is it me or are the ads just slow this year??

The Walmart sale is almost here and still no ad

Other than the Walmart ad being a little late, we're pretty much exactly where we were last year.

JCPenney is Tuesday, Kohl's is Friday, Walmart could be tonight.

• Like 3

I'm looking forward to Kohl's AND Walmart.  Hoping it's a very good week for planning!

Other than the Walmart ad being a little late, we're pretty much exactly where we were last year.

I was hoping you had some super top secret insider info for us that is was going to drop tonight with certainty!!!

I'd be very surprised if there isn't at least some kind of digital ad. They expect people to just show up in stores each week without knowing what's on sale?

When the online starts, it's usually a page with 1000+ deals, most of which aren't available in stores and many are from third party sellers. You can't really use that to know what will be on sale in stores.

• Like 4

I did a little digging and more than one Walmart associate has mentioned there is no printed ad. At least for event 1. Pretty big change! Hope we see one at least for the last event.

If they're waiting to see what others are offering and deciding to undercut the competition, then it's a huge gamble. Not releasing ads for a sale to happen in 1 week is a very risky proposition especially when Kohl's 1 day sale with $15 KC goes live on Nov 4, 3 full days before WM online sale goes live.....

WM may lose out when customers have already spent money at competing stores!

• Like 1

I personally really don’t like sorting through all of the 1000+ deals either from the third party sellers. No offense to them, but I like the simplicity of an ad!   I even am a Walmart + person even though I can’t have order delivered from the store nor is there gas station in my area. I like the 7 hour head start! 

I'd be very surprised if there isn't at least some kind of digital ad. They expect people to just show up in stores each week without knowing what's on sale?

When the online starts, it's usually a page with 1000+ deals, most of which aren't available in stores and many are from third party sellers. You can't really use that to know what will be on sale in stores.

• Like 4

I personally really don’t like sorting through all of the 1000+ deals either from the third party sellers. No offense to them, but I like the simplicity of an ad!   I even am a Walmart + person even though I can’t have order delivered from the store nor is there gas station in my area. I like the 7 hour head start! 

I don’t either and it will make me not even shop, which is what I did on all the Prime Days this year.  If I have something specific I’m on the hunt for then I might but just to shop for that perfect gift, nope.  

• Like 2