What's your favorite Christmas decorating theme?

abentley

Snowmen!! I used to have my bedroom decorated with snowmen all year round when I was younger. Now they just come out at Christmas-time and they are everywhere!

snowmen and then they stay up to the end of Feb.

I collect little snowmen and I love snowglobes, and during the wintertime they are everywhere!

I usually don't stick with just one thing, but I have snowmen everywhere. This year I am going to try to not buy anymore snowmen. But I will still use both the white tree and the green one. We also have the small trees in each of the kids' bedrooms and one in our room beside the fireplace. The outside of the house will be covered in lights...again.LOL

The tree that goes in the living room is done in burgundy and gold with white lights and bows. There are Angels and Santas on there, as well as a Santa topper. The tree that goes in the family room is done in snowmen and snowwomen, candy canes, fake peppermint candy ornaments, white lights, a snowman skirt and a snowman topper. The little tree that sits on the kitchen counter has ornaments that the children made. The tree that goes in the dining room has gold ornaments and white lights only. Outside we use white lights only, reindeer, sleigh, an angel and a wreath.

• 2 weeks later...

The tree that goes in the living room is done in burgundy and gold with white lights and bows. There are Angels and Santas on there, as well as a Santa topper. The tree that goes in the family room is done in snowmen and snowwomen, candy canes, fake peppermint candy ornaments, white lights, a snowman skirt and a snowman topper. The little tree that sits on the kitchen counter has ornaments that the children made. The tree that goes in the dining room has gold ornaments and white lights only. Outside we use white lights only, reindeer, sleigh, an angel and a wreath.

OK I would love to see your house at Christmas time :yup::holiday07

I used to love Christmas, not just the holiday but the feeling in the air! My christmas would last from Thanksgiving until Little Christmas (one week into January). Then my ex put my littlest one's live in danger during christmas time and I almost lost her. Now we (my 2 girls and I) try to get away from home that time of year. This is the 3rd year in a row we'll be on a cruise ship for christmas.

Last year I did "Christmas has gone to the Dogs" I had dog bones on the tree, milkbones and rawhide. I had lots of dog ornaments, Doggie Jingle Bells playing on the speakers, A picture of the dogs in santa clothes above the mantle, dog bowls (new and clean) with people food in them for the Open house, and hanging outside was a wreath and garland with dog ornaments and bows with a sign saying "Fleas Navidad" on the wall.

At our house, Christmas goes to the cats! Our tree is filled with cat ornaments, and we always add the new releases each year; if our ceilings were high enough, a 12-foot tree would probably hold all of them! One year I got really ambitious and put up 5 trees: 3 cat themed, 1 artic theme with polar bears, penguins, and snowmen, and 1 with assorted miniatures (don't think I'll tackle that again any time soon!).

And you can't have a cat tree without the motion-activated caroling cats in a gift box, the singing cat wreath, the stuffed cats with Santa hats, cat stockings and stocking holders, etc.

Meow-y Christmas everyone!

:D

I don't really have a theme, usualy ornaments my girls have made in school or girl scouts. I have purchased a couple of glass hummingbird ornaments I have found so I'll eventually make that the focus. I have a miniature tree that I decorate and put upstairs between the girls bed rooms that has an assortment of little ornaments you can tie onto packages.

Okay...now I KNOW what I'm going to do this year. I was at the Old Navy clearance sale today and found really cool black and white graphic designed paper for $2.50 a roll (regularly $5). I"m going to wrap all the presents in that paper...and use bright jewel colored bows and ribbons on them. Whadda you think? Does it even sound cute? I tend to like the dramatic.

I have a total of 11 trees, all different themes or colors. 1. Boyds bears, 2. Americana, 3. Snowmen, 4. Nascar (for husband), 5. Coca-cola, 6. Red bulbs and bows. 7. Green and gold bulbs and Ivy, 8. Batman, spiderman etc. (son's room), 9. Bratz, barbie, purple, etc. (daughters room). 10. Moons and suns. 11. Blue and siver bulbs. I would have to say my all time fav is my boyds tree. I can't wait to put it up already. :yup:

I have a total of 11 trees, all different themes or colors. 1. Boyds bears, 2. Americana, 3. Snowmen, 4. Nascar (for husband), 5. Coca-cola, 6. Red bulbs and bows. 7. Green and gold bulbs and Ivy, 8. Batman, spiderman etc. (son's room), 9. Bratz, barbie, purple, etc. (daughters room). 10. Moons and suns. 11. Blue and siver bulbs. I would have to say my all time fav is my boyds tree. I can't wait to put it up already. :yup:

Wow, you should take pictures when you get them up and let us all see them. I am envious of the Boyd's and Coca cola ones :yup:

Our theme is Disney. We've got an adorable Tinkerbell tree topper and a few sets of Disney ornaments. They are the one's that come in the storybook case. I've also got a lot of penguin stuff that I like to put out for the entire winter season.

My Tree is all Santa claus decorations. My inside has alot of santa clause decorations up.... But my porch and outside always gets decorated with White and Blue Snowmen stuff. ooooo I soo want to put up the decorations now. I am like a little kid ( actually think I enjoy Christmas more than the kids..lol )

Shirley