GottaDEAL 2021 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

Happy July to all! So I made it down to Kennedy Space Center last weekend and...wow! It was incredible to see both a Saturn V rocket and the space shuttle Atlantis in person. I mean you know they’re big, but standing next to them is just awesome. The little preshows they do before you see the exhibits are neat too. The visitor complex is so cool and anyone who is into space stuff should go there at least once if they can.

I’m already planning to be too lazy to go watch any fireworks this weekend, so I’m gonna stay in, try my freeze dried space ice cream that I brought back from KSC, and watch Jaws!

• Like 6

Happy July! Can’t believe it’s here already. This month is going to be crazy. We have 2 family vacays planned, a graduation party, and a joint birthday party for my daughter and niece. I’m going to need a solo vacation away just to recoup [emoji38]
  • Like 1

Happy July to all! So I made it down to Kennedy Space Center last weekend and...wow! It was incredible to see both a Saturn V rocket and the space shuttle Atlantis in person. I mean you know they’re big, but standing next to them is just awesome. The little preshows they do before you see the exhibits are neat too. The visitor complex is so cool and anyone who is into space stuff should go there at least once if they can.

I’m already planning to be too lazy to go watch any fireworks this weekend, so I’m gonna stay in, try my freeze dried space ice cream that I brought back from KSC, and watch Jaws!

If you like that kind of stuff, you should plan a trip to the Air Force Museum in Dayton Ohio.  You can walk through the history of flight and learn about the very beginnings of the space program.  They have a Navy branded UFO as well...

Avrocar%2C_National_Museum_of_the_United

You can even take a shuttle to Wright Patterson AFB and walk on the Presidential Aircraft and experimental aircraft.  

OHDAYusaf_jfk_bash4_620x300.jpg

Admission is free, so you can visit for many hours over many days.

141020-F-IO108-005.jpg

National Museum of the USAF

• Like 3

I bought some of the freeze dried ice cream from Johnson Space Center when I got to visit years ago.  It was interesting!  LOL

I want to go to Kennedy some day before I die or before I can’t tolerate travel anymore.  :)

• Like 1

Happy July.  It’s hot, I’m old and fat and hate the heat more and more than I ever did, so needless to say it’s my least favorite time of year right now. LOL.  Neighbors have been shooting off fireworks for several nights in a row now and it’s illegal to pop them in the city limits.  COVID is ramping up again. Biggest jump in cases yesterday since February in the state at 800. My hospital has put some restrictions back in place and is opening up the COVID unit again.  I don’t know if I can survive another round of COVID hell in the lab. It took me out and we still haven’t really recovered.  Now we are running out of necessary (some quite critical) supplies to do lab work.  Manufacturing plants cannot get the needed materials to make what we need so we are dangerously low on many many things and it’s a nationwide problem with no end in sight right now.   So there’s that too.

Annnnywho,  I’m just a huge ball of cranky today.  My apologies. Ha Ha.  I’m gonna go give myself a talkin’ to and try to enjoy my day while staying inside out of the heat and rain.  :)

• Like 9

Happy July everyone.  Nice to see a rocket launch at Kennedy Space Center, too, if you can time it.  Check the KSC or SpaceX website if you will be in the Orlando area.   Many years ago I was travel working in Miami and took a day off and drove up for a Friday morning space shuttle launch.  Just a few years ago I was in Orlando for just a couple of days and got up around 3 am and drove over to see a night launch of a smaller rocket.  The best to see right now would be a Falcon Heavy, with two booster landings, if you can find one.

Edited by mcwalker
  • Like 1

Happy July!  We have had nothing but rain for a couple of weeks, and we are all just done with it.  Soccer is miserable, BMX racing has been canceled for a while now; at least hockey is inside, so not much changes there.

This is the month that brings our second Christmas, so I'll start getting ready for that soon.  The boys have decided that they don't use their toy room upstairs much anymore, so I can "have" it as a home office.  They've been going through toys and books (soooo many books!), and we are trying to find an organization that could use them.  We have loaded up all of the little free libraries around us already, but I refuse to send any books to the landfill, so we are checking with the public libraries to see if they can use anything.  We are going to leave one bookcase in that room for them to store their favorites.  I'm looking forward to being out of my sewing room as an office! They say this is my Christmas in July present LOL

• Like 1

July check-in. Raining cats and dogs this morning, but weekend is supposed to be pretty. Happy Fourth of July. [emoji313]

The term raining cats and dogs derives from Victorian times when household pets, like cats and dogs, slept during the night on the eaves of houses. When it rained heavily, the water from the roof washed them off the eaves, and they came down with the torrent of water from the roofs of houses. As it appeared as though the cats and dogs had fallen with the rain, the term raining cats and dogs was born.

• Like 3

The local nursing home in my town put on their annual fireworks show last night.  I'm not big into fireworks, but they looked nice and sounded much louder than normal.  Since my dad passed I haven't done much to celebrate Independence Day, but might have some burgers and hot dogs this year.  After feeling down the last couple months, things seem to be getting a bit better, and if the rain and heat don't cause too much trouble I hope to get some work done in storage.  Also hope to catch a nice parade later this month.

Happy July everyone!  It is just a wet mess here in Alabama today.  Thankfully the weekend is supposed to be nice.  

Happy 4th of July weekend to everyone!  Everyone have fun and stay safe!  While discussing what we wanted to do this weekend, our daughter (14) said she doesn't really care about watching fireworks and asked if we could go bowling instead.  Then she asked if her boyfriend (using that term loosely..lol) could go with us.  So, I think we may do that and take them out to eat tomorrow. 

Next weekend is a karate tournament.  Our daughter started Tae kwon do in February and this will be the first tournament since she has started.  She is only going to watch this time because in April she broke her ankle and was out for 6 weeks then she had 3 weeks of camps in June so she just didn't want to try.  She actually sparred for the first time yesterday.  At first she didn't want to do it, but now she can't wait to do it again..She has older brothers who 23 and I told her to just pretend she is fighting with them (she has plenty of practice)..lol.

Anyway, Happy 4th everyone.