Air Fryers - Yes or No

Rose0426

seems like the consensus is :g_thumpsu

can all the fanboys submit favorite make/model? Op, can you tally these as an update to the first post? thanks all!

I have a Bella 2.2 lb. 1500 watt from Kohl's

My mom needed a small one and I got her a Dash 1.2 qt. 900 watt from Target. It doesn't have enough power for me, but for her (1 person/90 years old/small portions), it's fine.

We have one and love it! My husband makes his own wings and used to deep fry them. They come out just as crispy - and a lot less fat! - in the air fryer. I would recommend getting the biggest one you can find, though. Cooking in just one layer if you’re cooking more than for one or two people you will be glad for the bigger one!

We have one and love it! My husband makes his own wings and used to deep fry them. They come out just as crispy - and a lot less fat! - in the air fryer. I would recommend getting the biggest one you can find, though. Cooking in just one layer if you’re cooking more than for one or two people you will be glad for the bigger one!

Do you have the Power Air Fryer brand?  The one I bought from QVC is 5.5 quart.

I own the Emeril larger one.  Love it!  We do lots of fries and I like that they aren't greasy at all.  Plus you can reheat fried things.  We had leftover Bloomin' Onion from Outback and I used the air fryer to reheat it.

One thing that I found is that you need to be careful about your times.  Things cook so much faster that you can easily overcook it.  Go for less time and check it and then put back in if necessary.  Use a temperature probe on things such as chicken breasts, etc.

We've had a NuWave for 5 years now?  Something like that - works GREAT!  We got while we were in an apartment temporarily due to a house fire and didn't want to constantly set off the super sensitive smoke alarm - it cooks everything and air fries.

I've done turkeys, pizzas, most of the things mentioned on this thread - except for steak and pork chops ...now I'm in intrigued!

Mexican yumminess wrapped in a tortilla and brushed with oil fries up beautifully - then I transfer to a cake pan, cover with cheese and pop back in just long enough to melt the cheese.

I really HATE extra small appliances but this one is good enough that it wins a place on the pantry shelf!  We did have an issue with the original dome cracking a couple of years ago - ordered replacement for $25 I think...totally worth it.

I bought the power air fryer from QVC nearly 2 months ago.  But someone told me hers didn't work very well, so I am going to send it back. However, she did tell me it was probably something she did.  Now I am debating on keeping it.   Does anyone have the Power Air Fryer?

Okay, After reading this thread, I decided to unpack my airfryer and at least try it.  So, today I fixed frozen popcorn shrimp and frozen steak fries.  they are delicious and perfectly crispy!  I did spray them with some cooking spray before cooking, but still much healthier than the food being submerged in oil.  I have the 5.5 qt, and it is pretty big, but the perfect size for our family.  I think I am gonna get my dad one now.  He has been going out to eat nearly everyday and he said he is tired of that.  I told him he needs an air fryer but his concern was how difficult it would be to use.  But, after using mine today, I know he will easily be able to use it.  He will need a small one because it is just him (my mom passed away last year).  

so, now gotta go back through the ads and try to find the best deal.

• Like 3

Okay, After reading this thread, I decided to unpack my airfryer and at least try it.  So, today I fixed frozen popcorn shrimp and frozen steak fries.  they are delicious and perfectly crispy!  I did spray them with some cooking spray before cooking, but still much healthier than the food being submerged in oil.  I have the 5.5 qt, and it is pretty big, but the perfect size for our family.  I think I am gonna get my dad one now.  He has been going out to eat nearly everyday and he said he is tired of that.  I told him he needs an air fryer but his concern was how difficult it would be to use.  But, after using mine today, I know he will easily be able to use it.  He will need a small one because it is just him (my mom passed away last year).  

so, now gotta go back through the ads and try to find the best deal.

I’m so glad you liked yours. I’m going to Kohl’s today to pick up two that I ordered last week, one for a gift and the other is an upgrade for my current one. I ordered the Power XL one too.

• Like 1

I’m so glad you liked yours. I’m going to Kohl’s today to pick up two that I ordered last week, one for a gift and the other is an upgrade for my current one. I ordered the Power XL one too.

And the best part is the cleanup.  It literally took me less than 5 minutes to clean (probably closer to 3 minutes).

• Like 1

I bought the power air fryer from QVC nearly 2 months ago.  But someone told me hers didn't work very well, so I am going to send it back. However, she did tell me it was probably something she did.  Now I am debating on keeping it.   Does anyone have the Power Air Fryer?

I bought the Power Air Fryer in March '18 from Kohl's and LOVE it! We used it all summer as it didn't heat up the house and cooked stuff speedy quick! I never add any extra oil and mainly used it for pizza rolls,mozz sticks,snacks like that. It was just recently a TSV and my mom (87 y.o.) and I were watching the segment and I said how much I loved mine and she wants one too. It like an inch too tall to fit under my cabinets so I store it when not in use,but that's not a problem for me (I don't like stuff on my countertops)

• Like 1

I bought the Power Air Fryer in March '18 from Kohl's and LOVE it! We used it all summer as it didn't heat up the house and cooked stuff speedy quick! I never add any extra oil and mainly used it for pizza rolls,mozz sticks,snacks like that. It was just recently a TSV and my mom (87 y.o.) and I were watching the segment and I said how much I loved mine and she wants one too. It like an inch too tall to fit under my cabinets so I store it when not in use,but that's not a problem for me (I don't like stuff on my countertops)

I will probably keep it on my countertops because I have a feeling i am going to be using it so much, plus it won't fit in my cabinets.  we have a pantry, but it is full of food and pots and pans.  My husband is gonna build me a few storage shelves in the kitchen as soon as he has some free time (who knows when that will be.  :)

What size would be good for a family of 4? I’d like to look at ones that can fit 4 chicken breasts or 4 pork chops at the same time. Any recommendations?

From what everyone says, the bigger the better. I ended up getting the Gourmia 6 qt air fryer from Best Buy on their pre black friday sale.

• Like 1

LOL I'm a rule breaker.

Crispy and buttery on the outside and ooey gooey cheesy on the inside.

Ooohhh ahhhhattachicon.gifIMG_20180101_175639570_HDR.jpeg

I am so doing this when I get home!!! We never butter ours, just a light spritz of oil in the pan... If you don't mind, do you use butter? How long did you set the air fryer for? I have a really good Gouda that I have been itching to use...

I am so doing this when I get home!!! We never butter ours, just a light spritz of oil in the pan... If you don't mind, do you use butter? How long did you set the air fryer for? I have a really good Gouda that I have been itching to use...

Yes, real butter. 400 degrees and honestly I don't really know the time, just watch it after a few minutes and flip it a couple of times. ;-)
  • Like 1

I'm thinking about getting one on BF...the question is what deal is the best?!!? I'm tempted to get the one from JC Penney...with the rebate but the kohls deal looks good. 

Been wanting to try one of these, but I'm not sure if I'll like it. Because of that, I went cheap and got the $29.99 3.5L one from Best Buy. If I like it, maybe next year I'll upgrade the size.

I'm thinking about getting one on BF...the question is what deal is the best?!!? I'm tempted to get the one from JC Penney...with the rebate but the kohls deal looks good.

The two most compelling posts on this thread are...

We've had a NuWave for 5 years now?  Something like that - works GREAT!  We got while we were in an apartment temporarily due to a house fire and didn't want to constantly set off the super sensitive smoke alarm - it cooks everything and air fries.

I've done turkeys, pizzas, most of the things mentioned on this thread - except for steak and pork chops ...now I'm in intrigued!

Mexican yumminess wrapped in a tortilla and brushed with oil fries up beautifully - then I transfer to a cake pan, cover with cheese and pop back in just long enough to melt the cheese.

I really HATE extra small appliances but this one is good enough that it wins a place on the pantry shelf!  We did have an issue with the original dome cracking a couple of years ago - ordered replacement for $25 I think...totally worth it.

and

I have 2 on my counter.  I started with a 3.6 (or there about) qt, decided that wasn't quite big enough so bought a 5.6.  I use them all the time. They are like a convection oven, in that they are cooking with hot air. But the shape allows the air to flow around the food (or something like that).  I "fry" chicken legs in it and they are better than my actual fried chicken legs. But I tend to overcook chicken legs because I'm so paranoid I won't get them done.  I do french fries, tator tots, fish sticks, any of those frozen convenience foods.  I've done a whole turkey breast (see picture), that came out awesome. But my favorite thing to cook in it is steak. Yes, steak. I do add about 3 minutes to the preset, because the preset is not quite done enough for me. d6d6e77d-494e-4a4f-8994-e70aa9181906-ori

The trick to crispy is, you DO still need to use oil. Just spray coat what you're cooking though, it's not like dropping it in a vat of hot oil. And the excess will drip off, so it's still healthier than real frying, if that's your goal.

Searching the Black Friday page for Nuwave Air Fryer, I see these...

Kohl's

• NuWave 6-Quart Digital Air Fryer $99.99
  • NuWave Digital Air Fryer Convection Toaster Oven w/ Temperature Probe $119.99

Target

• NuWave 3-Quart Electric Air Fryer $79.99

Maybe Bopeep can tell us what fryer made that beautiful spread or AuntJamelle has an opinion on any of the BF deals?

With what I have read, I am leaning towards the NuWave 6-Quart Digital Air Fryer $99.99...

https://kitchenradar.com/nuwave-6-qt-air-fryer-review/

Most of the Pro reviews say the Philips Airfryer XXL 'knocks it out of the park', but that is a $300 appliance.