Anyone else tired of the $XX off original price ads

Nate Dogg

I know Costco has always done that with some items. In some cases it's an issue of not being able to advertise the lower price because of MAP restrictions. Other times the "regular" price varies in different areas of the country.

• Like 2

its annoying to me, I don't have a Costco membership but I want to know what the price currently is so I know what the deal is going to be. You can't even tell on their website because you have to be logged in to see prices

A couple stores does this, most of the time I just write it off and find something somewhere else. You either want my business or not.

• Like 1

As an adjunct to this, I hate the price being offered "compared" to a fake MSRP or a price that's never used to actually sell the item.  Hordes of XX% off "retail" or "MSRP" pricing when the "retail" or MSRP has never been a price that's been used to actually sell the item at any point.  Dishonest at best.

• Like 2

As an adjunct to this, I hate the price being offered "compared" to a fake MSRP or a price that's never used to actually sell the item.  Hordes of XX% off "retail" or "MSRP" pricing when the "retail" or MSRP has never been a price that's been used to actually sell the item at any point.  Dishonest at best.

Amazon is the worst about this!  Which really stinks, because I use Amazon to price check other companies. I don't have anyone to price check Amazon.