What’s your favorite all time Black Friday store?

Elmck

LOL.  I've done surprisingly well at resisting those small appliances although last year I ended up with that Better Homes and Gardens mixing bowls/measuring cup set. 

It's the cheap movies that always get me.  Going to try to resist those this year.  

I got the same mixing bowl set for me and my daughter.  I love them!

LOL. I've done surprisingly well at resisting those small appliances although last year I ended up with that Better Homes and Gardens mixing bowls/measuring cup set.

It's the cheap movies that always get me. Going to try to resist those this year.

I won't say how many unopened movies I still have from last BF...lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using GottaDEAL mobile app

• Like 1

Gotta say Walmart and I know I'm weird but Dollar General. I got to DG when they open on Thanksgiving, get a ton of toys and cheap ornaments and any ASOTV stuff I need, have fun shopping with my sister in a less hectic environment.

Then WM is where in the past I've gotten most of my BF shopping done.

Still planning on going to DG at opening, home for pie and the parade, then Walmart. Toys r Us is on my radar this year, and some other of the bigger stores. I'm going to be a SAHM in a week. So money will be tighter but I have time to go out this year.

• Like 1

Gotta say Walmart and I know I'm weird but Dollar General. I got to DG when they open on Thanksgiving, get a ton of toys and cheap ornaments and any ASOTV stuff I need, have fun shopping with my sister in a less hectic environment.

Then WM is where in the past I've gotten most of my BF shopping done.

Still planning on going to DG at opening, home for pie and the parade, then Walmart. Toys r Us is on my radar this year, and some other of the bigger stores. I'm going to be a SAHM in a week. So money will be tighter but I have time to go out this year.

Dollar General is one of my favorites too...mainly for the $1 sets of 100 lights they have (actually I think they do that sale on Thanksgiving day). I always buy 6 or so boxes of clear lights every year because I always end up with a set that doesn't work...so much easier to toss them out and use a new set than mess with them for hours trying to get them to work!  :g_dance:

Menards!! No matter where else we have to go or are at prior we always get to Menards by 4:30-5am so we aren’t too far back in the line. When kids were younger they did all their Christmas shopping BF morning at Menards. Love the deals!!

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

Dollar General is one of my favorites too...mainly for the $1 sets of 100 lights they have (actually I think they do that sale on Thanksgiving day). I always buy 6 or so boxes of clear lights every year because I always end up with a set that doesn't work...so much easier to toss them out and use a new set than mess with them for hours trying to get them to work! :g_dance:

I didn’t know they did that with the lights. Thanks!! I never even thought of that.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

• Like 1

I still like going out on Thanksgiving night, but enjoy shopping much more from the comfort of my own couch.  I always liked shopping at Target on Black Friday (when it opened on Friday) and Thanksgiving night.  I think the concept of store maps was an excellent idea and the store by me is very organized.  Every register is opened and there is someone directing the people in line which register # to go to.  I will never go back to Walmart on Thanksgiving night.  I was grabbed by a store associate on the shoulders as I picked up something on an end cap display which was not covered in shrink wrap.  I didn't realize the sale hadn't started and he was very rude.  It would have made no difference if I filed a complaint either.

So I'll be the odd one out and say Walmart. 

Full disclosure though....the store I go to is in a small town so it is a smaller Supercenter.  It's like old home week Thanksgiving night because I always see high school classmates, former teachers, people from the church I grew up in.  Makes the passage of time while standing in the various lines entertaining.  :)

I was going to say Walmart as well.  It is the only "big" store in our town so we always hit it up first, then drive an hour away for everything else.

We live in a small town so sometimes it is like a big reunion..lol.  High school classmates who moved out of town are there sometimes and I always run into many, many people I know.  Like you, it makes standing in line go by much faster when we can all sit around and talk.  

Yes, it is crowded, but I feel 100% safe there.  I also am able to get most, if not, everything I went in for.  

The only thing I hate is the way they lay the store out that day.  They push isles together to basically make a few "passages".  This makes it much harder to get around and I can't help but think it is a Fire Hazard as well.  But, overall it is fun. :)

• Like 1

I was going to say Walmart as well.  It is the only "big" store in our town so we always hit it up first, then drive an hour away for everything else.

We live in a small town so sometimes it is like a big reunion..lol.  High school classmates who moved out of town are there sometimes and I always run into many, many people I know.  Like you, it makes standing in line go by much faster when we can all sit around and talk.  

Yes, it is crowded, but I feel 100% safe there.  I also am able to get most, if not, everything I went in for.  

The only thing I hate is the way they lay the store out that day.  They push isles together to basically make a few "passages".  This makes it much harder to get around and I can't help but think it is a Fire Hazard as well.  But, overall it is fun. :)

Same here on everything!  I hate the way they scrunch up the aisles too.  I get that it is for some amount of line/crowd control but it sure takes away my shortcuts when gathering up all our stuff.  :)  Last year we planted someone at the area where the lines would start forming for checkout (clothing) with a buggy and the others of us went and gathered up before they started blocking off the main aisle at the registers to people traffic.  Our store has always been ok with the pallets being dug into early.  Thank goodness.  LOL

• Like 1