Are you done?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Are you done shopping?

• I was done before Black Friday!
    • I finished up on Black Friday
    • Mostly done -- always have my eyes open for a deal
    • Lots of gifts to buy -- less than half done
    • I haven't even started shopping yet!
  2. 2. Now that you have had a week to think about it, how was BF?

3. 3. B&M or Online (Thur-Mon)?

The Bonus Question is a short essay!  If you spent more than $100, $500, or $1000 on one item or in one store, tell us where and on what you spent that money.  For the item, I don't care if you bought ten of an item and for the store, I don't care if you spent $1000 combines from Thursday through Monday -- I'm just trying to pick out the winners. 

I'll start.  We bought three iPhones from the AT&T store.  We also bought three iPhone cases, two BD players, and eight BDs from Best Buy and I ordered three DVR+ DVRs from Channel Master.  Most of our money was spent on the phones, which was a B&M purchase.  The DVRs were purchased online.  The stuff bought at BB was all ordered online with the phone cases being picked up and everything else delivered.

I spent $0 and Amazon, Wal-mart, Kohls, or Target and I actually forgot to go to RadioShack to buy that UAV.

Walmart - 55" Samsung LED TV for dad - $598

PetSmart - Sky Riser cat tree, 4 pails of Tidy Cats litter, three cat toy stockings (two large, one medium), 2 packages of large dog toys (for dad's labs), 2 packages of dog treats (60+ treats per bag), 2 crinkle ball cat toys, 2 Naughty/Nice dog biscuit treats, 24 cans of Friskies wet cat food, one bag of "all natural" cat treats, one 16# bag of Cat Chow, one $5 donation to "help homeless pets" (and I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple small items) - $198

Walmart- 50"tv ×2, 40"tv ×2, 32"tv ×3, sony blu ray player, crockpot ×2, ipad mini, microwave, many toys, pj's for adults and kids. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

Best Buy- many blurays and dvds, a couple sd cards, tmobile phone.

Amazon- Lots of blurays and dvds, toys and books for the leapfrog readind and writing system.

Toys r us- Leapfrog reading writing system.

Two weeks before Thanksgiving my daughters house was broken into, stole 4 TV's and about $3000.00 worth of DVD and blue rays. 

I stood in line at Walmart for the 40 in TV $115.00 pre black friday. It was suppose to be a surprise but she was driving me nuts on how we were going to get the one on Black Friday. We didn't have half the people we normally do. So I didn't want her to be disappointed. Movies I replaced a few and she replaced a few but she still has a lot to go.

Lots of clothes ordered from Kohls about $500 . They rocked this year, great sales, great coupons & cash back in addition to quick delivery.

Shoes & clothes ordered from Target! Good delivery, great prices, FREE Shipping, so sorry Walmart!

One order for various things with BF price from Walmart. If it hadn't equaled $50 to get free shipping wouldn't have happened.

Amazon got the toy orders.

I loved the very early BF pricing online!

My biggest purchase this year was a new bow for ds19. Bought it on eBay for $340 including shipping. That's $60 less than I found in any store. He has no idea, (kept saying I can't afford $400 for 1 gift) and I can't wait to give it to him! :)

• Like 1

My biggest purchase was a generator from Sams. That was $599 plus tax. I spent about $300 online from various places (Target, Walmart, Amazon, eBay) for bras, a NorthFace, Chromecasts, a watch. I then spent $300 for 3 32" TVs at Walmart. I spent about $75 at PetSmart for cat litter for the year. $2 after rewards at Old Navy for a shirt, $25 a Belks for two shirts and a hat, and about $60 on Small Business Saturday at various places. There's more but I can't think of it and am a little sick about all the money I spent! Lol

Spent >$100 at Barnes and Noble on signed books. I also exploited Target's gift card sale and bought $300 in Target gift cards for $270. I spent >$200 at Kohl's too. Most of it was on Christmas Village pieces for DH and the nativity scene I've had my eye on, but I got a bunch of toys too. Very pleased with my haul from Kohl's.

Hmm... probably our biggest single transaction was at walmart on Thursday. Got a portable basketball hoop, many clothing items (bunches of socks for donating), archery set, DVD's, picture frames, and some other miscelleana ... total, about $212.

Oh, and I did spend over $100 ordering Cherished Girl & Christian themed t-shirts for various family members from http://www.kerusso.com/

The $100 is way to easy the biggest loser has to be bestbuy lots of returns, I can play the silly games to get free shipping,  now to continue and find great deals, like a $43 Ipad Mini 3 and things of that nature, Black Friday is good b/c alot of companies put major deals on everyday products to make room for the next wave, but the best deals are when they fight hard with coupons after those prices.  I enjoy returning products before xmas, just to get the sales I want LOL silly companies making it harder on themselves.  Make it free shipping so that you get sales, Target sold me more this year b/c I didn't have to hassle with it like bestbuy.  Don't forget to buy gift cards for yourself to your favorite places with their online or instore rewards for giving them your money.  Free food with a gift card that you were going to purchase anyways, buy the gift card first and then if you have to leave and come back in and use your gift card if that the only way to get them to do it.

Goofy as it sounds...I spend a little over $100 on chocolate on Thursday and Friday.   Walgreens has those Russell Stovers gift chocolates 12 oz  for $3.99 on Friday.   Thursday -- Rite Aid had the 24 oz Russell Stover boxes for $6.99 with UP rewards.  They also have Almond Rocher  2/$6  (And I had several  $1 manufacturers coupons too!)  plus Ferrer Roche 2/$6 etc.    I just jumped from store to store.  I hit 6 stores on Thanksgiving morning.  and I hit 13 on Black Friday...including 1 stop at a Rite Aid where I bought more Almond Rocha et al and used my coupons and UP reward dollars from Thursday.  Walked out of there with $36 of chocolate with nothing out of my pocket.  :thumbsup:

Sad to say...it seems to be the little stuff that is worth going after on Black Friday now.  (The 1 cent after rebate paper at Staples etc.)   But I have a nice chocolate token gifts for my 15 wo-workers and enough chocolate to keep my 84 year old mother happy for the next few months.... (I am hoping it will last her through Easter.)

I had most of my "big shopping" done before Black Friday.  (I hit that Dillard's Jan 1st sale every year.)

Thanks to the heads up on this site,  I did use that Staples online coupon for $50 off and scored a Galaxy Tab 4 for $99 online in the wee hours of Thanksgiving morning.  (A toy for ME!)   but that is $1 under $100.

$550 at Home Depot (dishwasher & Nest thermostat) was my biggest one-time spend

Plus

I got the $115 TV at Walmart

Spent over $300 on various gifts at Amazon

$136 on video games at ToysRUs

And

$160 for a roof rack for DS1s Jeep

Edited by speeddiva

I bought my new phone and case at US Cellular. Paid $50 for the phone and $50 for the case. I got the LG G3 and so far I love this phone!

I have to buy a couple things online this week but they will be my big buys. I need to buy a tablet and a graphics card. The ones that my kids want are around $200-$250.

I went a little nuts this year because this is the first year in a long time that that we finally have all the bills paid and extra money. The biggest gift purchase was a $400 laptop for my daughter at Office Depot. The biggest gift for myself was $350 for dishes at Mikasa. It was more than I expected to pay, and that was after the sale, a coupon code, and cash back. I even had to wake up my husband and ask just to be sure he was on board with it. I'm 42 years old and this will be my first set that I bought myself. We had been using the set my husband had before we met (so it is more than 15 years old) but we are down to a few plates and bowls. Before that, I had a ugly set someone gave me as a housewarming gift when I moved out of my parents' house. I'm a little excited about it, but it is on backorder until March. Sad face.

But the Christmas bills are all paid up. Go me!

Nope, scratch that. It was $350 before the coupon and cash back. $247 after everything.

Edited by msomnipotent

My biggest purchase was actually the Wednesday before thanksgiving. Its was $130 for 2 north face jackets at dicks sporting goods. May not be a lot for others.....but its the most I spent at one place and I will have 2 super happy kids Christmas morning ;)

It's not the amount that matters it's all about the thought and making the recipient happy. :)

spent over 2000 at some boring store , harbor fright, its a store that only sells tools and stuff.. but they had some decent deals and with all these boys here many items were there.. yet i still managed to spend over another 500 on tools ect at amazon and lowes....AND was foolish and went back to harbor fright bringing a few of the boys a few days later... they loved it and each got a fee item.. though i ended up spending another 50 bucks there.

if totaling items i would think there is no store i managed to get out of without spending at least the 100. except the dollar store.lol.